Don't like this new SL feature AT ALL

Rat Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Oh. It's that day today. To be honest though, I wouldn't be too outraged by it. It would encourage actually moving around in the world via vehicles and such. Maybe if each continent had 1-2 portals so you could quickly move to the right one so you wouldn't have to run across the entire world to get to a store or club ... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

To be honest though, I wouldn't be too outraged by it. It would encourage actually moving around in the world via vehicles and such.

Except that out of the 26,327 regions (as of this past weekend), 17867 are private regions.  Of those, any that stand alone - which is very likely the majority - you can only get to them via TP.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Orwar said:

Oh. It's that day today. To be honest though, I wouldn't be too outraged by it. It would encourage actually moving around in the world via vehicles and such. Maybe if each continent had 1-2 portals so you could quickly move to the right one so you wouldn't have to run across the entire world to get to a store or club ... 

Most places I go aren't on mainland so driving there isn't an option.  😕

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Except that out of the 26,327 regions (as of this past weekend), 17867 are private regions.  Of those, any that stand alone - which is very likely the majority - you can only get to them via TP.

30 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Most places I go aren't on mainland so driving there isn't an option.  😕

Well, they'd have to put open, navigable water in between all of the regions. Then just pop on your favourite beachwear and jetski there!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Also also, it would create a business opportunity for people to run communal traffic and chartering private flights. Heck, up the teleport fee to L$100 a pop and let people drive each other around in busses, trains, or jet fighters instead! 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

And I wouldn't even know how to go to most of them. Beats me where Belle Epoque is located in relation to The Annex, or whatever. In my head, all of the places I go outside my home sim are just kind of floating in space.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wesleytron said:

Will it auto-refund after each teleport fail?

No, teleport fails will cost you USD 39.99 to get fixed provided you are premium but you will get to preview teleport fixes every 1 teleports out of 100 to entice you to sign up 😀

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

A better April Fools lie would have been "They're bringing back a cost to rez objects!" because that used to be a thing back before we all became grandparents...

INB4 someone takes that last word too seriously/literally.

Oh, man, I would be so screwed. And broke. Remembering too many post-shopping flurries of chucking 4572048620486752 boxes on my house floor...

22 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Sure, but be honest: How much would you pay for a working Map about now?

I have a theory about the sudden influx of 100-day old avatars now popping in and out of regions for all of 15 seconds: They're snapshotting the regions. Ultimately, they're going to be offering a subscription-only world map to those who can't wait for LL to sort it out.

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

S.P.E.A.A.M? 

Thats a weird acronym... 

She got the Premium and Excalibur backwards and typoed Supreme. Supreme Excalibur Premium Account of Awesomeness Member is the official title. SEPAAM

And watch out for her left hook. Paam's a lefty.

2 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Sure, but be honest: How much would you pay for a working Map about now?

(Dear Atlassian: This is how Jira pays for itself!)

I brought 3 new regions and not a single working map nor any ETA based on link LL provided.   I mean... I just paid you for this at least deliver me what I paid for which is a map so people can find me!  I think I was the April fool this year :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.