Facial features "shaking" in some places on SL!

NunGrandma

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

-

I recorded a video to make the issue more clear

https://youtu.be/wp2Wzcaj8Hk

So this issue keep appearing in some places on Second Life and i have no idea what causes it to happen!
but i have some info that might help:

- It happens to every face on my screen not only mine (In those places that this issue appears in)
- my friend went to all those places and she never got the issue like me which makes me think it might a gpu issue maybe!? i have rtx 2060 OC.
- I tried other viewers thinking the issue might be in the one i use but even after using almost every viewer out there they all show me the same issue!
- i tried resetting the personal lights changing the settings but what got me thinking it's not a viewer issue is that it keeps happening in other viewers too!
- i thought it might be a monitor issue maybe but sharing my screen on discord and now recording the video proves it's in-game issue and has nothing to do with my monitor.

If it's something that happens on these places no matter what and has nothing to do with me
then why it's not happening to my friend or random people there when i ask them in the IMs!
it's not a huge deal but it slowly gets on my nerves and bugs me i wonder if you guys have any idea to solve or try solving this.

if any pics or videos needed i don't mind providing them 😊

- THANK YOU -

6 answers to this question

To simplify / elaborate on what SkellDagger posted, Second Life (and other 3D games and applications) use what is called Floating point numbers to determine the position of objects in 3D space. A Floating point number for example, looks like this:

However, as the number goes up (or down into the negatives), the computer must sacrifice accuracy (decimals are more precise than whole numbers) for range, so it becomes more like this:

When the accuracy of floating point values become low, abberations in 3D space will occur, slowly progressing as you move away from the origin of 3D space (0, 0, 0 in a region's coordinates for example) until they are extremely present, such as with what Clairschen showed. This is because the vertices and points that make up the 3D models are unable to be precisely pinpointed in 3D space, so the computer uses more rough guesses since it doesn't have enough decimals to pinpoint where they should be more accurately.

The only way that this could be remedied is if Second Life would be changed to use double-accuracy or 64-bit floating point values, which without getting into more complex things like 32-bit vs 64-bit and other things, is a way to increase the amount of numbers/decimals available for computers to use in floating point calculations.

Edited by Rathgrith027
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NunGrandma said:

-

I recorded a video to make the issue more clear

https://youtu.be/wp2Wzcaj8Hk

So this issue keep appearing in some places on Second Life and i have no idea what causes it to happen!
but i have some info that might help:

- It happens to every face on my screen not only mine (In those places that this issue appears in)
- my friend went to all those places and she never got the issue like me which makes me think it might a gpu issue maybe!? i have rtx 2060 OC.
- I tried other viewers thinking the issue might be in the one i use but even after using almost every viewer out there they all show me the same issue!
- i tried resetting the personal lights changing the settings but what got me thinking it's not a viewer issue is that it keeps happening in other viewers too!
- i thought it might be a monitor issue maybe but sharing my screen on discord and now recording the video proves it's in-game issue and has nothing to do with my monitor.

If it's something that happens on these places no matter what and has nothing to do with me
then why it's not happening to my friend or random people there when i ask them in the IMs!
it's not a huge deal but it slowly gets on my nerves and bugs me i wonder if you guys have any idea to solve or try solving this.

if any pics or videos needed i don't mind providing them 😊

- THANK YOU -

I notice it sometimes at greater heights.  Nothing much you can do about it.

Thank you very much Skell you're so helpful and amazing as usual.
now it makes sense to me even though it's a chance thing like happen to people by chance maybe!
still now i could rest assure it's not my geforce settings or anything like that

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR BOTH OF YOU 💗

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.