Why is this not fitting!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, I am driving myself bonkers here. I bought a 1024 sized lot on the mainland and I want to put a skybox up and just leave the land empty.  I bought a 32x32 sky platform that is square just like the lot and it isn't fitting. I can't for the life of me figure out why.  I raised the land to make sure that I had all the buildable space showing.  This is the second 32x32 platform that i bought that fit the exact same way so I figure I am not understanding why it's not fitting.  if the land is 1024 and this sky platform is 1024 why is it not fitting?

32x32.png

If your lot is exactly 32 x 32 and your platform is EXACTLY 32 x 32 (and most are made that way) then you need to rez the platform EXACTLY (yes really) in the middle of the plot to make it fit.  If you have done that then it most likely "does" fit.  Make sure that the location numbers in your build menu are even numbers likd 16.000 etc.  Then type in the elevation that you want the platform to reside at (this goes in "Z" ) and it will move up to the sky OVER your plot.      Teleport or fly up to that height and you are set. 

The buildable land that you are referencing (the sand)  is smaller than 32 x 32 when you raise and flatten the land. You lose some in that process.  It is still all your land (anything with your lot lines).  The AREA is still all yours, just not the useable land mass.  If your platform is mod you can most likely resize it down a bit if that works better for you. 

Good luck.   

PS. the only way for this NOT to be a problem is to have a piece of completely flat land amid other pieces of completely flat land with no terraforming allowed (like SL birthday celebrations for example).     

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.