New Chalet Regions Released!

Evangeline Arcadia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been working on furnishing an Alpenrose, and having trouble figuring out some of the larger spaces.  Went to Prudence's Open House and got some great ideas.  The room that seems HUGE to me is the upstairs bedroom.  So I went to Kraftwork's Spring Showroom homestead at http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Oasis Bay/108/90/24  where Kraftwork put decor in an enormous Onsu Palo Alto house and made it look "filled up", and got some ideas for the bedroom including using wall panels or dividers as a "wall" between bed and creating a dressing room.  I recommend touring the showroom homestead, it is very interesting!  I tried their bedroom idea as a concept in the Alpenrose and it has potential lol.  Below is my first stab at arranging the basics in the upstairs room, it is fugly and the wall color is not great but it is a start...I look forward to seeing room layouts from other chalet owners!

AlpenroseBR2.png.914d82fa0a98a97accea6f584d20e527.pngAlpenroseBR1.png.680423287c7b5e5d6b9d4c591bdb5764.png

• Like 12

Anyone want to provide their best guesses as to what will happen on the edges of that big unfinished channel (I think Nika called it Magellan?) ...I am conflicted whether to keep this chalet, in Bergochzheit,   http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Berghochzeit/250/113/23  it is right on the edge of the Running Bear region which includes the big river, the island, a rez zone and that boat!  The view from here is just amazing, you can see the Inn and all the special mole landscaping (I don't mind cranking my draw distance up for THIS view!).    But...I believe there is room for one more row of houses before the water.  Anyway, posting these pix cause it is very scenic!!

Bergo.thumb.png.db4bf1ea3e50804ee04fe83b39e21949.png599104453_BergoInn.png.d4524a7e6d6fcb78ba4e714a3170a11a.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I went to visit, that is a just beautiful view, Malayaa!  Yes, even at the narrowest point there is room for another home before the riverbank drops off.  But how long will it be before they get around to building that out?  Before they released the chalets, there were still 136 SSPE regions sitting around, and yes a small percentage of those are water regions, but there's a WHOLE lot of Logs left to release and Stilts they haven't even built!

I'm keeping my first chalet which is also on the edge of a region the river runs through, for the time being.  It's way up north, and I think I'll be long gone before the moles start building anywhere near there!

I'd be surprised if the train went through there, just because you know it's going down the other side of the river (Magellan Roads :) ) , because the Maus pub is over there in Muehlenbach, with tracks already in place.  Back in LogLand I was hoping they would run tracks down both sides of Big Bird Lake, but they didn't, so I doubt they will here either.  But you never know!

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Malayaa said:

Anyone want to provide their best guesses as to what will happen on the edges of that big unfinished channel (I think Nika called it Magellan?) ...I am conflicted whether to keep this chalet, in Bergochzheit,   http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Berghochzeit/250/113/23  it is right on the edge of the Running Bear region which includes the big river, the island, a rez zone and that boat!  The view from here is just amazing, you can see the Inn and all the special mole landscaping (I don't mind cranking my draw distance up for THIS view!).    But...I believe there is room for one more row of houses before the water.  Anyway, posting these pix cause it is very scenic!!

Bergo.thumb.png.db4bf1ea3e50804ee04fe83b39e21949.png599104453_BergoInn.png.d4524a7e6d6fcb78ba4e714a3170a11a.png

I have the same thing. My home currently looks over the water but there is room for another home between me & the river. I’m keeping it as it’s on the railway side so I’m really interested to see what happens. I’ve had a look at the few developed areas on the river & there is some lovely landscaping, bays, islands etc so anything could happen.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

(snipped)  But how long will it be before they get around to building that out? 

Good point, I could enjoy the view for what may be a very long time, and if it gets blocked, c'est la vie  :)  Thank you for helping me decide...looks like a perfect spot for a "boho chalet" to keep for a while!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Malayaa said:

Anyone want to provide their best guesses as to what will happen on the edges of that big unfinished channel (I think Nika called it Magellan?) ...I am conflicted whether to keep this chalet, in Bergochzheit, 

The same situation existed for the Log Homes. I've not really looked back there, but were the extra regions filled with trees and tracks, more homes, or a mix?

Whatever happened there is likely to be repeated.

Some of the Southern coastline for log homes, where it does come down to the water - instead of having waterfront log homes, got victorians. In other places log homes are adjacent to the coast, but on the top of a cliff. But on the interior river side regions that were 'empty' when the log homes first came out, I'm not sure what they did.

EDIT:

It looks like they are adding homes up to the water's edge in the log homes regions:

0f927fe5f29cadc825adbd650bff4156.jpg

So I would expect the same pattern in the Chalet regions, though it might take all the way till 2022 to fill in...

d58b1416e46f2fbe575385d853bfccf9.jpg

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

The same situation existed for the Log Homes. I've not really looked back there, but were the extra regions filled with trees and tracks, more homes, or a mix?

Whatever happened there is likely to be repeated.

Some of the Southern coastline for log homes, where it does come down to the water - instead of having waterfront log homes, got victorians. In other places log homes are adjacent to the coast, but on the top of a cliff. But on the interior river side regions that were 'empty' when the log homes first came out, I'm not sure what they did.

EDIT:

It looks like they are adding homes up to the water's edge in the log homes regions:

0f927fe5f29cadc825adbd650bff4156.jpg

So I would expect the same pattern in the Chalet regions, though it might take all the way till 2022 to fill in...

d58b1416e46f2fbe575385d853bfccf9.jpg

I had a log home on the big lake. There was space in front for a house but the Moles put in a road & plants. It looked really pretty when it was finished. If they want to put a train station in front of my chalet I wouldn’t complain 😁.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tamara Adored said:

I had a log home on the big lake. There was space in front for a house but the Moles put in a road & plants. It looked really pretty when it was finished. If they want to put a train station in front of my chalet I wouldn’t complain 😁.

On noticing that they're filling in these spots on Log Homes now, my alt just gave up her Chalet and tried for a log home - and got one beside one of those '6-region river loops' - the very kind of spot I'd failed to get when they first came out, and resigned myself to not being interested enough to keep trying for.

Probably the best time to get a choice Chalet will be 4-6 months after they're new, when they go back and do fill ins. Half the neighbors of the plot I got are new here, and half have been around for months. I guess a lot of people are also giving up some really nice Log Homes for a chance at a Chalet. But the best Chalets aren't even out yet (IMO).

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Probably the best time to get a choice Chalet will be 4-6 months after they're new, when they go back and do fill ins. Half the neighbors of the plot I got are new here, and half have been around for months. I guess a lot of people are also giving up some really nice Log Homes for a chance at a Chalet. But the best Chalets aren't even out yet (IMO).

I agree.  Some of the best parcels I get are ones that I get months and months after the theme is released.  I still find the best spots I get are ones that are abandoned.  

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.