New Chalet Regions Released!

Evangeline Arcadia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've just been wandering through random chalet regions, confirming they're not for me (general lack of water, mostly suburban placement, small windows, no good views of the sunset), but have stumbled upon one parcel that does offer a degree of 'privacy' for those who are hoping to find it - south-facing front at the end of a cul-de-sac, windmill two plots down the street (visible from the east side of the garden, mostly obscured by trees from within the house), the back and both sides surrounded by hills and the nearest neighbor - between this house and the windmill - at a slightly lower elevation, so not directly overlooked. Here's the slurl if anyone wants to take a look (will take you to the pavement, not the actual parcel): http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Mariesteich/100/207/38

private.JPG

• Like 3

Here's another nice parcel, actually on the water. House faces north, water to the east/southeast, nice vegetation behind the house and to the western side where the neighboring house is at a slightly lower level; no neighbor directly facing the house at the front. Once again, the slurl will take you to the pavement in front of the parcel:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Tritt/198/61/25 

private3.JPG

private2.JPG

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

I've just been wandering through random chalet regions, confirming they're not for me (general lack of water, mostly suburban placement, small windows, no good views of the sunset), but have stumbled upon one parcel that does offer a degree of 'privacy' for those who are hoping to find it - south-facing front at the end of a cul-de-sac, windmill two plots down the street (visible from the east side of the garden, mostly obscured by trees from within the house), the back and both sides surrounded by hills and the nearest neighbor - between this house and the windmill - at a slightly lower elevation, so not directly overlooked. Here's the slurl if anyone wants to take a look (will take you to the pavement, not the actual parcel): http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Mariesteich/100/207/38

private.JPG

Awesome find.  That one and the one on the other side of the mountain, to the east - both are absolutely perfect IMO.

Now if I could only figure out how to monitor region releases while working during the day and not being able to be logged in.

And, since we know that they clone regions, there may be other similarly isolated plots near mountains, but without the map, it can take forever to find them.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Here's another nice parcel, actually on the water. House faces north, water to the east/southeast, nice vegetation behind the house and to the western side where the neighboring house is at a slightly lower level; no neighbor directly facing the house at the front. Once again, the slurl will take you to the pavement in front of the parcel:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Tritt/198/61/25 

private3.JPG

private2.JPG

Okay! That will do! 😁

• Haha 3

This *will* be an excellent parcel for privacy... when the house appears. Rocky outcrops/hills on both sides and at the back, and the closest house (also currently missing) that will be across the road will be offset and downhill so may not be visible at all from within the house on the parcel shown. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Posto Segreto/120/198/25 

AAAAAAAAAAA.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Awesome find.  That one and the one on the other side of the mountain, to the east - both are absolutely perfect IMO.

Now if I could only figure out how to monitor region releases while working during the day and not being able to be logged in.

And, since we know that they clone regions, there may be other similarly isolated plots near mountains, but without the map, it can take forever to find them.

I found a clone for you! http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Marmot/100/207/38

And another clone: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Oberhasli/100/208/38

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Has anybody been tracking the region releases?  I know someone mentioned they were not totally alphabetical, but are they mostly that way?  Or is there any other logical flow to the releases?

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Has anybody been tracking the region releases?  I know someone mentioned they were not totally alphabetical, but are they mostly that way?  

With the exception of Rollingstone and Farleigh, they've all been in the A's-C's as far as I can tell. As of 7:30am SL time today, D, E and F regions I've seen have the 'Linden home' status, but the ones later in the alphabet (like the ones I mentioned specifically above) that I've visited are all still designated 'Protected Land'. I haven't been tracking any chalet regions myself, but keep in mind that there are fewer of them than in the initial stilt release - a *lot* of them are yet to be developed both on the periphery and further inland, so they *may* move more quickly through the alphabet. (Though it sure doesn't look like it right now!)

(I zipped through 75 regions in a bit under 2 hours today - procrastinating again!)

Edited by Frigga Freidman
emphasis
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I really like the buildings themselves, they remind me of our Basque farmhouses, but not so much of the landscape. I find it similar to the one in the log cabin regions, but with less trees

Anyway, I'm glad LL is releasing so many different themes, so we can all choose based on our preferences...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Elena Core said:

not so much of the landscape. I find it similar to the one in the log cabin regions, but with less trees

I kinda wish they had gone more boldly alpine with the chalet landscape; I tend to see it as Logland-with-tulips.  I would have loved to see that beautiful European aspen that grows in Germany interspersed with the evergreeens, little melting piles of snow in shady corners, and have some of the little ponds in the very hilltops be hot springs that you could soak in!

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I kinda wish they had gone more boldly alpine with the chalet landscape; I tend to see it as Logland-with-tulips.  I would have loved to see that beautiful European aspen that grows in Germany interspersed with the evergreeens, little melting piles of snow in shady corners, and have some of the little ponds in the very hilltops be hot springs that you could soak in!

In one of the recent Lab Gabs, Patch said that they might add hillier and snowier Chalets.

• Like 10

55 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I stumbled upon a hot spring in all my region-bopping earlier today! (Didn't make a note of the location though :( )

• Like 5

14 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Some photos from my Albus (open floor plan) Chalet album. It's set to open house as well on Aileron region.

Ravndal Huis (Chalet)

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Aileron/99/47/23

I visited and liked it a lot. Very well done!

I have one question: upstairs you used a "{YD} Small bathroom - Shower" which would come in very handy in my home in Axim. But in the marketplace I could not find it. Did you buy it as part of a furnished house? Or is it old and no longer sold?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I couldn't agree more; that is an amazing area, with an impressive landscape, LL would have nailed there, and many European residents would have felt truly related to those homes.

Who knows, maybe the new regions to come will be a closer representation to the German and Swiss landscape.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

In one of the recent Lab Gabs, Patch said that they might add hillier and snowier Chalets.

Oooooooo that might tempt me, but if they had snowy and hillier log cabins I would boost up a mini kasha for sure!!!!

Edited by Kasha Redstar
Type o
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I visited and liked it a lot. Very well done!

I have one question: upstairs you used a "{YD} Small bathroom - Shower" which would come in very handy in my home in Axim. But in the marketplace I could not find it. Did you buy it as part of a furnished house? Or is it old and no longer sold?

Thank you. The shower is from a bathroom set by {Your Dreams}. It was a Happy Saturday sale once. I used only the shower from the set and combined it with the Chez Moi Halo Bathroom set. I also retextured the shower curtain. See the original bathroom photo below. (Also, a bathroom shell was created to help size in the shower to fit the room and move bathroom wall up against the shower head.)
247557969_YDSmallbathroom.thumb.png.0ee7949904527d921a55f5f0d9474b21.png
Shower redone below

Chalet Shower

Chalet Shower (close up)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Leora Jacobus said:

I looked at the post by Access but did not really understand where I find the weekend offer. In the Your Dreams Mainstore I found the Small Bathroom but it is 300 not 60. Is the offer somewhere else?

Leora, it might be starting tomorrow

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I looked at the post by Access but did not really understand where I find the weekend offer. In the Your Dreams Mainstore I found the Small Bathroom but it is 300 not 60. Is the offer somewhere else?

The sale doesn't start until tomorrow. Go to the YD store this weekend and the set should be on sale. 

From the Flickr post: "The 60L$ Happy Weekend sale is available only @Mainstores of the participating Designers, April 3-4th"

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.