New Chalet Regions Released!

Evangeline Arcadia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Loved that community center with the train station behind it in Muehlenbach! I can really imagine fun events happening there, but the houses do not appeal to me. I do think the chalet regions are beautifully landscaped and perfect for strolling, biking, and picture-taking.

B612_20210331_221625_271.thumb.jpeg.c0d7c0e256d70376858aedcddedb88bb.jpeg

Edited by Yuumo Ichibara
  • Like 10

52 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Cian and I grabbed one yesterday. Been working slowly on it. What we have so far outside, for our enclosed patio.

At work on our Chalet

Is the wood fencing from the content pack -- I haven't checked it out in detail?  If not, where did you get it?

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
spelling
  • Like 5

36 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Is the wood fencing from the content pack -- I have checked it out in detail?  If not, where did you get it?

No, the fencing is from Atelier Burgundy . Berlin Fence. I found it at the Bloom event going on now. It ends April 3rd.  The fence is 12 LI + gate comes to 17 LI.
https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Prism Events/128/120/23

btw, I removed the tiled patio floor and put in a 1 LI concrete floor instead. Non-content creator's plants are from HPMD.

@LittleMe Jewell

Updated photo shows more of the fence.

Chalet Patio updated

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I have a dilemma now. My alt has grabbed one of each theme of the LHs so far, but on getting a stilt house, on a perfect location on the end of a pier, I'm reluctant to abandon it and get a chalet.

But they do look lovely (especially @PrudenceAnton's) and I really want the full collection of creator's packs, so I guess it's time to bite the bullet and grab one.

They make me think of fairy-tales.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

I dropped my OL (but on the edge of water) stilt to get a "Chalet" ...but surprisingly, only one or two other homes near mine are "taken" so far.

Maybe not a lot of regions have been released yet, but it doesn't seem like there's much activity on the Chalet areas. I wonder how popular these will be. Perhaps not enough people know about the release yet. I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone decorates here. I think it could look really pretty.

I just hope they keep making more Stilts:)

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Maybe not a lot of regions have been released yet, but it doesn't seem like there's much activity on the Chalet areas. I wonder how popular these will be. Perhaps not enough people know about the release yet. I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone decorates here. I think it could look really pretty.

I just hope they keep making more Stilts:)

It is slow going. I believe LL does this because it is Easter, and they want their employees to enjoy some days off. Big release = big problems. Slow and steady drip, drip.

I have not seen lakes and canals. That is one of the reasons I am not very interested in them. It might be that others also think the same.

• Like 5

Just now, Marianne Little said:

It is slow going. I believe LL does this because it is Easter, and they want their employees to enjoy some days off. Big release = big problems. Slow and steady drip, drip.

I have not seen lakes and canals. That is one of the reasons I am not very interested in them. It might be that others also think the same.

I have seen only one small lake, and yes, that's a reason I'm not very interested in them. The odds of getting a home next to water seem very small, at least so far.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

There are a lot of small pools and the odd waterfall (just discovered one with a bridge which is really pretty). There is however a big river that runs through the center of the land mass, big enough for large boats and a number of vessels . I don't have any landmarks right now though, and it's such a shame you can't see it on the map. So I think there will be homes at the river side eventually as there is a lot of land at the river edge which has not been built on yet.

Edit - just found it again - here's a quick pic of part of the river - you can see some homes on the other side, but more room by the edge for homes yet to come (I assume). It's like that on both sides of the river:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ledgemont/108/37/32

Ledgemont_001.thumb.png.ec4413ffb25e0fba20080c02fb172bc4.png

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

There are a lot of small pools and the odd waterfall (just discovered one with a bridge which is really pretty). There is however a big river that runs through the center of the land mass, big enough for large boats and a number of vessels . I don't have any landmarks right now though, and it's such a shame you can't see it on the map. So I think there will be homes at the river side eventually as there is a lot of land at the river edge which has not been built on yet.

Exactly! Those who have a water view now, will have houses built between them and the water if the land looks unfinished. The parts I visited who was on an edge of the voild, wasn't finished. Roads ended where the region ended. I belive they will continue in a new region.

• Like 5

The Chalet that Lil got yesterday is right on the water -- not sure if a lake or a river, I didn't pay that close of attention yesterday.  Beautiful view.  However, the houses in that area are all mostly lined up in a row, looking too much like suburbia, so I'm not keeping it.

Edited:  Nope, it was the alt that was by "water", but the assumed water was really region edge that will surely give way to more homes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I have seen only one small lake, and yes, that's a reason I'm not very interested in them. The odds of getting a home next to water seem very small, at least so far.

You're basically hoping for one of these two exact homes:

ChaletWithWaterAccess_002.png

This layout is very similar to my Victorian, and on that I was able to build a ramp for a boat that, when I start the boat, it slides down and into the water.

Outside of these two homes, I've yet to see anything in the Chalet regions offering water access - but because we can't yet see the map, I'm likely missing a lot of similar spots. I managed to sail to this spot from my alt's Silt home, and I can sail from there to my houseboat if I'm willing to sail for about an hour.

So water access is there but super rare. Get your lottery tickets ready. ;)

ChaletWithWaterAccess_003.png

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, heartzwhim said:

not much water to be had with this theme at all . *sighs*

The log cabins were pretty similar. The good water plots were super rare. There was one long internal river, but it doesn't connect to the outside world. I tried for it for a bit, but then decided I wouldn't be happy even if I got one of them, so moved on.

Forest with homes coming right up to the water line is a normal thing in the Pacific Northwest, for the folks lucky enough to buy land there before the wealthy moved in... So it is something I hoped to see more of in the log homes, and it looks like as they fill in the coastal regions they have added some of these.

Up to 6 homes now that I have found with access like those above or better. But of course that's still super rare.
All in as yet unreleased regions, or at least not yet occupied.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2

I have a houseboat that gives me water access, thus I don't need it for my Chalet. I'd rather have something a bit isolated or at least in a hilly area where the houses are offset more.

ETA:  Even though I love the homes and hope to find a location that I really like, I'm not as excited about these as I have been in the past - I'm only using Lil and one alt to get a Chalet.  However, that lack of excitement is more about me feeling like I'm needing an SL break rather than anything else making me not-so-excited.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Up to 6 homes now that I have found with access like those above or better. But of course that's still super rare.

I found about 12 parcels yesterday that were right next to in-region water in the big river (I'm thinking of it as Magellan Roads, it's so huge).  ALSO, I believe there are 3 copies of a set of regions ("tiles") that have a tributary of Magellan Roads running through them - look at Woozy.  Any chalet bordering those tributaries also has great water access with more of a 'village' feel than the as-yet-unlandscaped riverbanks.  Those 3 tiles are just cute as they can be, with a windmill in one of the regions.  I landmarked regions to watch, but then toward the end of the day I took one in a different region, way up north.  It's not a bad parcel, and I've decided (as I did with the stilts)  to make myself happy with it, so I can stop searching after claiming precisely one parcel, lol.  My partner & I have the luxury of being able to keep a terrific houseboat and a coastal Vic that will probably be Nika's home until entropy wins, so having terrific water access isn't a must for us.

Sometimes you get a 'not bad' parcel that has unexpected charms.  When I logged in today, I was pleased to see that our parcel actually has pleasant privacy, and the little park next door adds an 'alpine village' feel to a place that is out on the edge (I derezzed a small tree).  It is possible to edit a boat to Magellan Roads, behind the house.  I will let this one go when this alt retires in a couple months, and that will be enough of a chalet experience for me.

bighorn_001.thumb.jpg.a0b9dbed406864146344f12c1d798ccd.jpg

You can just barely see Satori from the back yard, which amazes me.  I love that I can see it, and I love that it's over 1000 meters away, lol.

Lederhosen_001.thumb.jpg.d6db444e1379e87b76cf6e068f31bbe7.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

The river I am using to find these is very wide, with some land on the sides. I suspect they will add homes there, and the width of the river is great for sailing.

ChaletWithWaterAccess_005.png

Well, I like that LL has made a wide river/canal. It was one of my issues with both Log cabins and Stilts. I thought Log cabins would have a canal through, but the water height was not the same as SL water, so it was a closed system. The Stilts have lots and lots of water, but I miss one or two wide canals that cut through the continents so I can make shortcuts at full speed.

But I am hard to please, so don't mind me. I want the Camper landscaping with the Chalets, haha. I believe the Camper landscape is the crown jewel in Bellisseria.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.