Owners Group is Missing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1120 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, ain't this dandy.  I am the sole owner of a group.  I then created a VP and VIP group.  Today, I tried to switch tags to my  OWN (owners group) and it is gone.  When I display groups, my VP and VIP groups show up, but not the OWN.  

I need to be an owner to do some things, but since I can't switch groups I can't.  

I am now tagged as a VP.  Going to that profile, I can see the OWN group and that I am a member.

Any ideas?

Edited by Cooter Coorara
Left out important info.

15 minutes ago, Cooter Coorara said:

Well, ain't this dandy.  I am the sole owner of a group.  I then created a VP and VIP group.  Today, I tried to switch tags to my  OWN (owners group) and it is gone.  When I display groups, my VP and VIP groups show up, but not the OWN.  

I need to be an owner to do some things, but since I can't switch groups I can't.  

I am now tagged as a VP.  Going to that profile, I can see the OWN group and that I am a member.

Any ideas?

Any group that does not have 2 members will be automatically deleted.  I think the delete is 24 hours after the group contains only 1 member (i.e. new group or old group where all members except one have been removed).  If you did not add a second member to the group when you created it, I'd guess that is what happened - and it might take a bit for that deletion to propagate everywhere when looking at things.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I think the delete is 24 hours after the group contains only 1 member (i.e. new group or old group where all members except one have been removed).

It's 48 hours if the group has 1 or less members and you can't recreate the group only a new one with a similar name. If anyone wants to create a group that's only for them easy enough to invite an alt. I remember when a friend of mine no longer in SL left a group we were in that they'd created for something or another i did get a warning that it would be dissolved in 48 hours if someone else didn't join, i did add an alt because at the time i thought it would be fun to play around with group tags

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1120 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.