claiming a home

iambrut

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi i own a plot of land i've had for three and a half year and originally never claimed my Linden home...i'm trying to claim one with some beachfront and still have my land but my current choices are not giving me this option ...any advice please ...regards brut

If you are a premium user, you are entitled to a tier-free 1024 sqm parcel of mainland. You can claim this parcel in two ways: Buy a piece of mainland(*) or claim a Linden Home.
Now, older users originally were given only 512 but this was doubled not too long ago. If you own 512 sqm of main land, you can still claim a 512 LInden Home. The choice would be one of the old Linden Homes which were released in 2010, or a trailer home which was released in.... I think 2020. Note that the latter is subject to availability as the new Linden Homes are very popular.

There are other themes of the new Linden Homes, these come on a 1024 sqm parcel. If you want one of those you need to get rid of your mainland parcel, either by selling it or abandoning it. However, as long as you are holding to your 1024 sqm (or larger) mainland parcel, no Linden Homes will be available to you.

So, to sum up: If you own 1024 sqm (or more) of mainland, you can't claim a Linden Home without releasing your land on Mainland. If you own 512 sqm of mainland or less, you can keep your mainland AND claim a small Linden home, either one of the the old Linden Homes that came on a 512 sqm parcel, or a newer Trailer home which also comes on a 512 sqm parcel.

I hope this clarifies things.

(*)If the mainland parcel is larger than 1024 sqm, then the first 1024 sqm are tier-free and you start paying tier for everything that goes over that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, iambrut said:

hi i own a plot of land i've had for three and a half year and originally never claimed my Linden home...i'm trying to claim one with some beachfront and still have my land but my current choices are not giving me this option ...any advice please ...regards brut

You also can't specify placement of the home in the region.  If you choose one and don't like where it is located, you can release it and try again.  There just is no way to pick beachfront from the website.  Stilt homes would be your best bet for waterfront.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, iambrut said:

You can keep your current plot of land and also have a Linden Home, but you might have to pay monthly for additional tier.

Most of the new Linden Homes are 1024 sqm, but the Campers are 512 sqm.  Add the amount of your current land to 512 or 1024, depending on which type of home you want.  Then subtract out the 1024 that comes with your Premium.  The extra will require monthly tier payments.  If you decide that is what you want to do, then you'll have to go to the Land Manager / Lad Use Fees page:  https://secondlife.com/my/account/landfees.php  and scroll down to the bottom section and then select the circle that is appropriate for how much tier you'll be paying for.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

You can get a Linden Home even if you already own land on mainland without abandoning your mainland parcels. You just have to be a premium member and have enough available tier on your account in order to do so. 

Did I not say that, only in different words?
"So, to sum up: If you own 1024 sqm (or more) of mainland, you can't claim a Linden Home without releasing your land on Mainland. If you own 512 sqm of mainland or less, you can keep your mainland AND claim a small Linden home, either one of the the old Linden Homes that came on a 512 sqm parcel, or a newer Trailer home which also comes on a 512 sqm parcel."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Did I not say that, only in different words?
"So, to sum up: If you own 1024 sqm (or more) of mainland, you can't claim a Linden Home without releasing your land on Mainland. If you own 512 sqm of mainland or less, you can keep your mainland AND claim a small Linden home, either one of the the old Linden Homes that came on a 512 sqm parcel, or a newer Trailer home which also comes on a 512 sqm parcel."

No, you did not say the same thing Abnor did. Even if you own 1024 sqm or more on mainland, you can still claim a Linden Home without releasing your mainland, just not for free, you will have to pay extra tier.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

(*)If the mainland parcel is larger than 1024 sqm, then the first 1024 sqm are tier-free and you start paying tier for everything that goes over that.

1 hour ago, Abnor Mole said:

and have enough available tier on your account in order to do so. 

21 minutes ago, xViXeNx71 said:

No, you did not say the same thing

read again?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

read again?

Yeah I read again, and the part with the (*) apllied to the buying mainland part, not to the claiming a Linden home part. She stated that you have to release the mainland to claim a Linden home, and that is the part that's wrong: you can keep the mainland if you pay extra tier. Oh well

• Like 1

To check if you have enough tier available, log on to the SL web site > Your Dashboard > Land Manager > Land Use Fees:

https://secondlife.com/my/account/landfees.php?lang=en-US

Look at Available Square Meters.  If it's enough for the Linden Home style you want, you're golden; claim it.,

If there are not enough square meters, scroll down that page to see how much it'll cost to increase your tier so you can get that totally cool home in Bellisseria.. or... consider selling or abandoning enough land to make up the difference.

_____

Land barons note: If you own more than 4096 sqm of mainland, you might want to consider whether it's cost-effective to have an alt go premium and get that nifty Bellisseria home instead of increasing tier for it. 

2 hours ago, xViXeNx71 said:

Yeah I read again, and the part with the (*) apllied to the buying mainland part, not to the claiming a Linden home part. She stated that you have to release the mainland to claim a Linden home, and that is the part that's wrong: you can keep the mainland if you pay extra tier. Oh well

so it's not true you have to release the holding before getting a LH OR start paying more ... it's exactly the same.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.