Issue with SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1120 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey All,

I am not sure if this is the right place to put this issue I am having.

I just logged into SL today using firestorm, and I am experiencing an issue.

I attempted to edit an object which brought up the edit pop up box, but out of nowhere this boxed disappeared and now no mater where I click on, my screen is selecting object to edit without the pop up edit box. I tried clearing cache, restarting firebox, jumping from one region to the next, but still getting this issue.

Anyway for me to stop this from occurring.

1 minute ago, CerberusBindweed1 said:

Hey All,

I attempted to edit an object which brought up the edit pop up box, but out of nowhere this boxed disappeared and now no mater where I click on, my screen is selecting object to edit without the pop up edit box. I tried clearing cache, restarting firebox, jumping from one region to the next, but still getting this issue.

join the firestorm group inworld, they'll be able to help you.

Here is a screenshot with the box minimized. With the arrow pointing to the box. it can easily get hidden behind something. I often have a hard time finding it. If it gets closed it will open up again when you click on something to edit but if it stays there evry object you click on just gets selected for edit like you describe.

edit box.jpg

Edited by Talligurl
  • Like 1

Alternately, it might have been accidentally moved off the visible part of the screen.

With any object selected for editing, use your mouse wheel to scroll back, thus revealing the (normally) non-visible areas, and see if the edit pop-up is lurking there. Move it back if so.

Tip:

Some objects (not all) can be selected for editing by right-clicking them in inventory. If it can be edited this way, the menu you get when right-clicking will show Edit as an option.

Edited by Odaks
Correction - changed "drag" to "move"

6 hours ago, CerberusBindweed1 said:

Try this.

Edit something and ten use the mouse wheel to scroll back outwards to get the little box back up again.

Look at the very bottom of the box, you should see a small row with a little upwards triangle right in the middle of it.

Click on that triangle.

You might have to grab the bottom right corner of the edit box with the mouse and stretch it out more to properly see the maximise button.

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku

On 3/29/2021 at 12:04 PM, CerberusBindweed1 said:

Hey All,

Most often this is caused by an obejct being moved way out on either X or Y axes, more seldom on Z axe. Happens accidently easy for even the best.

You can search using menu World -> Area Seach. If you named it, enter name of part of it. If it got the name "object" search for Owner, enter you own user name (not displayname).

No luck, check out region position 0, 0, 0 . Still nothing, check you Lost and Found folder in your inventory. It can take some time before it is returned, but if auto returned, it should be there typical next day.

Just re-reading the OP's problem, I think we have all recognised that an edit box seems to be minimised, but we've also missed something crucial, the OP is getting editing behaviour anytime they click on something?

This might not be a Firestorm issue but an underlying OS one, rather like sticky-keys being accidentally activated.

It's time for the time-honoured response to the OP to ask them to get the about information and paste it into the thread, (assuming they still have the problem and need it solved)

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1120 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.