Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 79 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I'm guessing this isn't them just moving their avatar with the keyboard to follow you but an automatic thing. It's probably an attachment that they wear and it contains a script that moves them toward the set target which is you. It can be used for good reasons too. 

Here's an example of it which shows a few ways that the follower will fail. 

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/AvatarFollower

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LilyValy said:

So someone i know has some way to make thier avi follow mine around, anyone know how they do that and what I can do to stop it.

Follow you how?  Around the room?  Across the grid?  Do they just show up where you are all the time?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

I'm guessing this isn't them just moving their avatar with the keyboard to follow you but an automatic thing. It's probably an attachment that they wear and it contains a script that moves them toward the set target which is you. It can be used for good reasons too. 

Here's an example of it which shows a few ways that the follower will fail. 

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/AvatarFollower

Yes that is it, I really dont want to block them but having thier avatar always next to mine gets annoying. I was hoping there was some way to make it so they couldnt do it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, LilyValy said:

Yes that is it, I really dont want to block them but having thier avatar always next to mine gets annoying. I was hoping there was some way to make it so they couldnt do it.

Have you tried asking them not to do it?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

That will do the opposite of what she wants. Acknowledging intrusive people in any way gives them the attention they're seeking. 

That was why I initially said block them but she didn't want to do that so they must be a friend or at least an acquaintance.  Maybe they don't know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

Aren't there follow HUDs? 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Follow-Hud-by-Heli/16023520

I'm not sure if you get a dialog to accept them following you, but I would think you would get one when they attempt it. 

There are many ways to create a follower, and it can be more than just an avatar.

Creating one doesn't require any kind of permission from the target avatar(s). Any that ask do it as a courtesy.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

There are many ways to create a follower, and it can be more than just an avatar.

Creating one doesn't require any kind of permission from the target avatar(s).

I did some digging on a couple of huds and a couple of them do say you don't get a dialog.

The question still remains, how do you stop them from following you short of TP'ing away?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

I did some digging on a couple of huds and a couple of them do say you don't get a dialog.

The question still remains, how do you stop them from following you short of TP'ing away?

You can't. The script doesn't need to interact with you in any way.

As long as you exist in the same region, in an area they can access (so no ban lines, security orbs, etc.), they can follow you without even being on their computer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Kinda sucks that you can't stop someone from doing that. It's kind of grief-y

It's not just grief-y, it's literally griefing. But there's no way to make it preventable without breaking very basic SL functionality.

If they won't stop, abuse report and leave.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

It's not just grief-y, it's literally griefing. But there's no way to make it preventable without breaking very basic SL functionality.

If they won't stop, abuse report and leave.

Not necessarily, I have one but its a cute couples animation and it looks like I'm walking side by side with a guy friend. It could be used for griefing, but it's basically the same thing as that piggyback hud where the girl ends up wrapped around the guy's face because it doesn't really lock on his back. It has it's uses, but it also has a darkside. 

But griefers

Cant Stop Wont Stop GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Janet Voxel said:

If only....

Cattle Prod GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Kinda sucks that you can't stop someone from doing that. It's kind of grief-y

 

Yeah... we have weapons in SL that orbit people and surround them in smoke. The problem is, you can be AR'd for using them. They are a load of fun. I still have those guns somewhere.

I did find that griefers I met were snowflakes. One smoke round will engulf their camera. They can't see anything. Nor can anyone near them. They would so whine and cry. But it is cruel. While it may be debatable whether it is moral to be cruel to a cruel person don't expect to debate the issue with a Linden armed with a ban-hammer.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if it would help, but if they bump into you when they move towards you, you could use a bump detector that will automatically say "*Avatar Name* bumped into me, please stop" or something similar so you can express your frustration publicly but not have to type it each time.  Maybe the people around you will begin to ask them to stop bothering you.  Just search "bumper" on Marketplace for variations.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2021 at 10:39 AM, auntiemisha said:

Not sure if it would help, but if they bump into you when they move towards you, you could use a bump detector that will automatically say "*Avatar Name* bumped into me, please stop" or something similar so you can express your frustration publicly but not have to type it each time.  Maybe the people around you will begin to ask them to stop bothering you.  Just search "bumper" on Marketplace for variations.

Did not know something like that existed. Good to know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Katherine Heartsong said:

Did not know something like that existed.

   I have one that make Draemora voice lines when you get bumped into. I never use it, but it's pretty entertaining.

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 79 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...