Viewers that WONT be supporting EEP

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 959 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am going to say it I hate EEP I hate the frame loss (30 FPS on my machine)  the loss of granular settings we used to have under windlight the way it makes textures look washed out alpha texture even flicker! It gives me a headache the whole thing is not my cup of noodles  can anyone recommend a viewer that won't be supporting this pile of computer and eye killing poop?

• Like 2

The next release of Catznip (R13, in beta now) will come in both EEP and preEPP versions.

Working to mitigate the performance impacts off EEP and RL has kind of put us way behind in getting an actual release out, soon though, should be soon, hoping for soon, real soon even. SOON™

The EEP beta can be obtained from https://get.catznip.com/downloads/beta (if you're having graphical problems, we would appreciate your feedback). The preEEP version will be released when we do a release.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

The next release of Catznip (R13, in beta now) will come in both EEP and preEPP versions.

Working to mitigate the performance impacts off EEP and RL has kind of put us way behind in getting an actual release out, soon though, should be soon, hoping for soon, real soon even. SOON™

The EEP beta can be obtained from https://get.catznip.com/downloads/beta (if you're having graphical problems, we would appreciate your feedback). The preEEP version will be released when we do a release.

Looked but you guys seem to not support my OS

I will keep an eye on this topic . I bet only now (with the recent updates of Firestorm) many of experienced players running FS are having to deal with EEP .Firestorm community  is a force that must be respected.I think Linden Lab was underestimating the impact of EEP despite its implementation has some years, because FS users were simply ignoring EEP. "Don't you want EEP? So keep using FS".But now FS team is almost blocking the last version without EEP (6.3.9) forcing the "rebel ones"  to deal with it. But the annoying EEP can has a side effect too: as it's so challenging and we need "go back to school", maybe it can be an attraction for we geeks that love to suffer solving problems.Make you feel dumb might be the secret of success of SL ..... LOL

Edited by RicDelMoro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Does the current Catznip viewer no longer support Windlights?

I downloaded it and can't find a way to find Windlights.

(I know EEP has replaced Windlights, but EEP stinks so I've been using the old version of FS which is now being blocked in a couple weeks, so I'm looking for a viewer that might still allow us to use Windlights if we prefer.)

The last full release of Catznip R12 does not use EEP.

R13 which is in the final stages of beta and going to RC soon fully supports EEP.

We're as late with this release due to having put a tremendous amount of work into improving performance, in part motivated by the impact that came with EEP.

We have no plans to support a non-EEP viewer long term and will be blocking R12 shortly after R13's full release.

• Sad 1

Thank you for the reply. I was hoping there might be one viewer that didn't force EEP on us going forward since Windlights and the 24-hour slider was very simple for photographers. Time for me to cancel that Flickr pro account. ☹️

Just now, katyawf said:

Thank you for the reply. I was hoping there might be one viewer that didn't force EEP on us going forward since Windlights and the 24-hour slider was very simple for photographers. Time for me to cancel that Flickr pro account. ☹️

Advise you to check out the Catznip Beta and see the reworked controls on the quick preferences.

ZghqQrn.png

Pick a sky and then use Azimuth & Elevation to put the sun exactly where you want it.

5 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

The last full release of Catznip R12 does not use EEP.

R13 which is in the final stages of beta and going to RC soon fully supports EEP.

We're as late with this release due to having put a tremendous amount of work into improving performance, in part motivated by the impact that came with EEP.

We have no plans to support a non-EEP viewer long term and will be blocking R12 shortly after R13's full release.

Is Catznip still developing?? I loved that viewer! ♥

28 minutes ago, Liv Simondsen said:

Is Catznip still developing?? I loved that viewer! ♥

We're very actively working on the viewer, however we don't release new "full release" versions frequently, our public betas are far more up to date, but even then often lag behind what we're actually working on. R13 has been particularly long in coming (even for us), mainly due to needing to put everything down to work on mitigating the 20% performance impact that came with EEP. We aim to have an R13 release candidate out in the very near future (Windows & Mac).

The project is basically bottlenecked by RL.

I don't want to give details here till we get R13 RC1 out with actual numbers, but in testing so far .. it's safe to say, you're not going to be disappointed ^^

• Like 2

On 8/8/2021 at 8:42 AM, Coffee Pancake said:

We're very actively working on the viewer, however we don't release new "full release" versions frequently, our public betas are far more up to date, but even then often lag behind what we're actually working on.

Great! I'm using it on Windows and works well! There will be a version for Linux too ? Because i dual boot Windows / Linux and would like to use it on both OS

9 hours ago, Liv Simondsen said:

Great! I'm using it on Windows and works well! There will be a version for Linux too ? Because i dual boot Windows / Linux and would like to use it on both OS

No Linux native version, although the windows version should work with the usual compatibility fluff.

• Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 959 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.