Be who you want to be?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think for me personally that nothing is really never "real". I spend real time, and real money on SL and other platforms for reasons that fulfill real life needs/wants. It is ever not "real".

In conclusion, it is pleasant to believe that SL can be fantasy, but the reality is that anything manifested from our thoughts are no longer fantasies. 

With that, I have no say on whether it's morally "right" or "wrong" to represent your self one way or another.

• Like 1

for me there is always a degree of separation between my real life own self and my avatar. For sure my avatar is a part of my own self but I think more of my avatar as my friend, in some kind of sense that I can be my own friend

meaning I suppose that I can be friendly to my own self. Like don't overly beat myself up about stuff that doesn't go how I would have wanted/preferred/anticipated when I set out to do it

altho I have started doing something which might be a bit weird.  My avatar has taken it on themself to be grumpy on my behalf

weird like since my avatar has gotten a animated expression mesh head.  Zoom in on face and play grumpy face expressions when I am working in other computer window or on my phone and is not going great. And then change to happy face expressions when I get the work done satisfactorily or phone conversation turns out ok

is a bit weird this I think, but my avatar never complains about it, so must be a good friend to me. I think, hope

or I am gently slowly going nuts!

Edited by Mollymews
ov
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.