Glimmer/Glitter Particles

Kaiilaniix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I feel that I've tried every specular/glow/normal combo to try and get this effect. If anyone could help me out it'd be much appreciated. 

These nails seems to shine like glitter and interact with the windlight, ex. a brighter windlight is produces more sparkles a darker windlight produces none at all. 

An example of the effect in-game:

image.png.137df0cc5dbebac46d5838d30cd0ae86.png

Doesn't seem it, Just incase I remove all the diffuse textures to a blank image and the normal map is still stronger than I'd like it to be :I The diffuse is the baked textures, the normal/bump texture is the one linked as is the specular. Maybe I'd have to alter the colours in the bump map to be less intense so the bumps aren't as prominent but I'm not too skilled with normal maps to know 😅

1 hour ago, Kaiilaniix said:

Doesn't seem it, Just incase I remove all the diffuse textures to a blank image and the normal map is still stronger than I'd like it to be :I The diffuse is the baked textures, the normal/bump texture is the one linked as is the specular. Maybe I'd have to alter the colours in the bump map to be less intense so the bumps aren't as prominent but I'm not too skilled with normal maps to know 😅

If anyone reads this with the same issue, I used @KT Kingsley's maps they linked and this post the reduce the intensity:

https://polycount.com/discussion/105935/lower-normal-map-intensity-in-photoshop

Basically filling in a 127,127,255 RGB colour layer and putting it underneath the normal map in photoshop, then reducing the opacity of said normal map until you achieve the results you want! It didn't affect the shine too much either. Thank you to everyone who contributed for your help I would've never figured it out myself 😄

Edited by Kaiilaniix
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.