Cant log in

Julia Brand

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Hello Julia. Did you try to clear your cache manually? Try it and see if that helps:

XP) - C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME) - Application Data \ SecondLife and
C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME)\ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Second Life

(Vista) and (Win 7) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife and
C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

Delete everything in those folders and restart first your computer and after the program. Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)

Have in your mind that if you clear your cache manually you will lost all your private conversations which are saved in your computer. To avoid it copy the folder with your username in the folder Secondlife in another position in your hard disk.

If you have more that 1 viewers installed in your computer, you must to do it for all following the same paths in your hard disk.

For example C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ PhoenixViewer

Restart your computer and after the program. Good luck.

Hello

Hmm I always clear cache as soon as I log in to be cleared the next time I log in.

Im in Mac

I have only the latest SL viewer and only one installed

And have during my three years in SL never had this problem before.

So Im really totally lost here. I have no idea what this is.

I hope you have some more suggestions for me.

Cause I need to be able to log in and keep up my model work and the fashion shows

thanks a lot for coming back so quick to me. :-)

Julia

If you are getting the white screen before you even reach the login page, then it has to be something to do with your computer or the installation, because it wouldn`t know which account you planned to login on, for it to be anything to do with your account.

Try installing a different viewer and seeing if you get the same thing with that. https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

Julia Brand wrote:

Hello again

Even more stanged I think

I just downloaded the Phoenix wiever and I could log in without any probs?

Whats the problem with the SL wiever?

How strange, did you get a recent update to the LL viewer?  If you prefer to go back onto that viewer, I would suggest trying an older version, you can get 2.6.6 or 2.6.8 from https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Supported_Viewers  ( Go to preferences > setup and switch off automatic updates if you stay on an older one for now).

You now know there is nothing wrong with your computer or you account, so if you can get in on a previous LL one I would post over on the Viewer forum to see if they can tell why you should have a problem with just that one version.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Viewer/bd-p/SLViewer

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.