Placement of Private Regions on the Grid

Cole Dallas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1125 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is probably a very stupid question, but I thought I would at least ask anyway.  Is it possible to place a private region on the edge of mainland?  In other words, when selecting the coordinates, can you actually have one edge of your private region connect to the mainland (which would essentially grow the size of mainland by one region)?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, diakanos1021 said:

This is probably a very stupid question, but I thought I would at least ask anyway.  Is it possible to place a private region on the edge of mainland?  In other words, when selecting the coordinates, can you actually have one edge of your private region connect to the mainland (which would essentially grow the size of mainland by one region)?

No

15 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

That's not entirely true. There are a number of private regions connected to the Blake Sea.

I think the more correct answer is that something specific has to be worked out with LL.

I know the fruit islands are near mainland but not connected to mainland.  

Region Coordinates are automatically filled in; these coordinates are where your Region will be physically located on the World Map. If you'd prefer to override them, click [change], then click a map square that isn't crossed out in red. You can click the arrow buttons to look at different areas on the map. You can also search for another region to be near (for example, one that a friend or colleague owns).

I'd hazard a guess that anything too near mainland would be unavailable but hey, can't hurt to try!

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

I know the fruit islands are near mainland but not connected to mainland.  

Region Coordinates are automatically filled in; these coordinates are where your Region will be physically located on the World Map. If you'd prefer to override them, click [change], then click a map square that isn't crossed out in red. You can click the arrow buttons to look at different areas on the map. You can also search for another region to be near (for example, one that a friend or colleague owns).

I'd hazard a guess that anything too near mainland would be unavailable but hey, can't hurt to try!

Places like Second Norway ( http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SECOND NORWAY/70/115/22 ) are resident owned, so there's a way to go about it, but apparently it's only available to massive land barons?

I don't know the details.

10 hours ago, diakanos1021 said:

It IS possible to buy a whole region of mainland though. You don’t see them come up very often, and you would only have parcel powers I believe. The monthly cost was lower last time I looked too... and you would need to maintain a premium account. If the parcel has any protected land in it you wouldn’t own that bit, but there are landlocked regions with no roads or water that would enable you to have the lot. A lot get purchased by the landlords that then place the domes over the region at various heights.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1125 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.