Market crash (update: LL unchrashed it)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1099 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This website is under heavy load

We're sorry, too many people are accessing this website at the same time. We're working on this problem. Please try again later.

Who would have thought $1 head would cause a heavy load...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, AdminGirl said:

I've gotten a few group gifts that came in the form of a delivery hud, where you click on it and it registers with the vendor. There is a gift (from Jinx) at TLC event currently that does that with CasperVend.

Aha, so pack the delivery HUD in the group notices: No more crashed Marketplace or crowded regions?

Sounds like a good idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Finite said:

This website is under heavy load

We're sorry, too many people are accessing this website at the same time. We're working on this problem. Please try again later.

Who would have thought $1 head would cause a heavy load...

I see you are milking this for jokes!

• Haha 3

Oh my, my 'friend's' Teleport Hammer sales just shot up dramatically.

My guess is that someone's suddenly having a mesh head dollarbie sale in-world.

Something's also telling me that the big toe of the public Pooley region is going to be flooded with residents in dire need of a new mesh head.

[Update]

Oh my, oh my...

fefcbf35c316f387d10fed56c474cfee.png.ba49b93466e9ffaee2ac34c24ba6d1b5.png

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Oh, they sell them too? I got mine from-- Oh. Uh. Yeah, your uh, friend. ^_^

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

My guess is that someone's suddenly having a mesh head dollarbie sale in-world.

Something's also telling me that the big toe of the public Pooley region is going to be flooded with residents in dire need of a new mesh head.

[Update]

Oh my, oh my...

fefcbf35c316f387d10fed56c474cfee.png.ba49b93466e9ffaee2ac34c24ba6d1b5.png

*Cackles* 😂

Edited by Sapphire Starlight

On a side note, the CRV's are going to be extremely busy for awhile explaining how to use this HUD which I got the DEMO for yesterday.  Some of these CRV's must have the patience of a saint.  I'd probably quit.  LOL

It's the materials I'm most interested in about this but I prefer the older Catwa heads ability to be far more varied in their shape-ability.  

But, this should bring a nice over-all stimulus to the SL economy.  Shape and Skin makers will buy hair and clothes for their photos, and then people will buy shapes and skins for this head, as well as other items like make-up, eyes....  The money will circulate around too as other's make money.

Most large vendors I work with need to reach out to their account managers or other contact with their host before running a sale of this magnitude in order to allow for the allocation of server power. Does LL have someone or some contact for large vendors to do so? 

15 minutes ago, Bitterthorn said:

Most large vendors I work with need to reach out to their account managers or other contact with their host before running a sale of this magnitude in order to allow for the allocation of server power. Does LL have someone or some contact for large vendors to do so? 

There isn't more region power on tap for Linden's to switch on.

Options are buying neighboring region for cam shopping (like events) or buying regions to create a copy of the location (linden realms).

(AFAIK a copy of a region must be bought and remade by hand, cloning locations is a super power the Linden's reserve for themselves)

Edited by Coffee Pancake

22 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I cannot get into the sims to get it yet.  

Try a direct login to one of the listed regions. When you arrive, press ctrl+shift+alt+4 to derender everyone so as to not get lagged out.

For all those who think they would have been smart enough to know this MP meltdown would happen, I hope you are applying for Oz's job!

https://community.secondlife.com/blogs/?sortby=blog_num_views&sortdirection=desc

Edited by Arielle Popstar
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Try a direct login to one of the listed regions

Ok, tried that and no go.  Chat is going nuts with stuff like "why aren't people leaving so others can get in?"....answer..."it's taking a long time to get delivery of the head".  Also, according to chat, some are leaving and hoping the head will arrive but it isn't.  It is madness right now.  I'll wait.  I did dishes, cleaning and lunch so have free time now to keep trying.  

6 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Once I got the paid catwa notification, I tp'ed home and  received delivery there 10 minutes later. I thinking waiting on the 4 sims will take a lot longer because they are so busy.

Yes, that is what they are recommending now I see...as soon as you pay, teleport out.  The 1 Linden Sale for this head I believe it said in chat in now extended thru tomorrow until 11:59 pm SLT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Ok, tried that and no go.  Chat is going nuts with stuff like "why aren't people leaving so others can get in?"....answer..."it's taking a long time to get delivery of the head".  Also, according to chat, some are leaving and hoping the head will arrive but it isn't.  It is madness right now.  I'll wait.  I did dishes, cleaning and lunch so have free time now to keep trying.  

People are waiting for a chat message that "Your head has been delivered". But I heard nothing. When I looked in the object folder, the head had been delivered only seconds after I paid 1 L. So my alts was quick in and out.

About the only thing(s) this "fiasco" really shows is how hungry people are for Free or Nearly Free stuff as well as the absolute need for proper Demos for Mesh Bodies and Heads.

There should not have been any reason whatsoever for such a rush. No, not even if it were a Limited Edition or some other marketing gimmick.

• Administrators

giphy.gif

Hey folks!

I've cleaned up quite a few posts from this thread and wanted to drop in a quick reminder that the forums are not a place for you to air out any negative thoughts or feelings against a particular person or creator. We understand that being unable to access the Marketplace is far from a pleasant experience (it certainly wasn't for us that's for sure!), we ask that you please keep such comments/discussions to PMs or to other venues outside of the forums. 

Since the Marketplace is currently back up and running, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. We thank you all for your patience and understanding while things were a little funky fresh!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1099 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.