White feet on Maitreya body

crazytaffy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1073 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone!

First time posting here and I have an issue. So I got a skin for my Maitreya body and the issue is that any skin I really use, I always have white feet. No matter if I have BOM on or not. I'm not sure what's causing it.

I couldn't find any posts about this but do let me know if there are with the similar situation!

aiJ1RW2.png

Edited by crazytaffy

I think @Mollymewsis right. But if you don't want to find out how to edit the system shoe, you can delete it and make a copy of it from another set that has the same foot height.

Sometimes it is not possible to edit also, when the item is no modify.

The "system shoe" was not meant to be seen when mesh bodies covered all of our body. When BoM is used now, such ooops moments happen when creators never thought it would be visible again.

The system shoe is only used for hoover height. It has a brown symbol that's often included when you buy shoes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Shoe base is the old system shoe.

Didn't the old shoe have a shoe icon?  This shoe base I had was the object one that increased your height.  It may be the same thing but different icon and terminology.

Edited by Rowan Amore

49 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

This shoe base I had was the object one that increased your height.

That is one of the functions, but just like the 'hair bases', it's one object with several functions, the height slider is just one of them much like how the hair base (which contains your avatar's 'actual' hair, which is most often alpha'd out and shrunk into a small ball inside of the head) has sliders that change your brow's shape (which has led to it sometimes being called 'brow shaper' instead). There are in fact two sliders that affect your avatar's offset from the ground, Heel Height and Platform Height:

ad2348377e762b1f46a64c3a911ba23d.png

... Platform height is further down, couldn't fit both into the screen - but there you can also see some of the other options that were (are) available.

The icon is still a shoe, in Firestorm at least:

a5b4a94943ea8efabb2e953fc2387797.png

Much like a the system hair, the texture can be an alpha - but in the pre-BoM period, people didn't take that into account as the shoe texture wasn't visible on your mesh avatar anyway. Thus, a lot of 'shoe bases' included with shoes (primarily heels, for the height offset) will turn your feet white, which is the default colour when you make a new system shoe.

3 minutes ago, Orwar said:

That is one of the functions, but just like the 'hair bases', it's one object with several functions, the height slider is just one of them much like how the hair base (which contains your avatar's 'actual' hair, which is most often alpha'd out and shrunk into a small ball inside of the head) has sliders that change your brow's shape (which has led to it sometimes being called 'brow shaper' instead). There are in fact two sliders that affect your avatar's offset from the ground, Heel Height and Platform Height:

ad2348377e762b1f46a64c3a911ba23d.png

... Platform height is further down, couldn't fit both into the screen - but there you can also see some of the other options that were (are) available.

The icon is still a shoe, in Firestorm at least:

a5b4a94943ea8efabb2e953fc2387797.png

Much like a the system hair, the texture can be an alpha - but in the pre-BoM period, people didn't take that into account as the shoe texture wasn't visible on your mesh avatar anyway. Thus, a lot of 'shoe bases' included with shoes (primarily heels, for the height offset) will turn your feet white, which is the default colour when you make a new system shoe.

My only point was they may not be looking for a shoe icon but an object called shoe base.  N-Core, for example, always uses an object.  That was what turned my feet white.  Not the shoe icon.  Never had that issue before either.

Edited by Rowan Amore

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

N-Core, for example, always uses an object.  That was what turned my feet white.  Not the shoe icon.  Never had that issue before either.

Oh, those. Not sure why those would turn anyone's feet white though, they're essentially a deformer that pushes your avi up in the air - I abhor them, as they offset your avatar from the camera lock. Whenever I try to zoom in to look at someone's avi and they got those on, I get a screen full of bosom instead of face. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Orwar said:

Oh, those. Not sure why those would turn anyone's feet white though, they're essentially a deformer that pushes your avi up in the air - I abhor them, as they offset your avatar from the camera lock. Whenever I try to zoom in to look at someone's avi and they got those on, I get a screen full of bosom instead of face. 

Exactly why I was confused.  I'd never had that happen before.  

It's a shoe base, before BoM became a thing, when mesh feet then bodies became popular and the system was such you never saw this on feet lots of footwear creators that included shoe bases got lazy and never put a transparent texture on the shoe base as no one would see the system foot underneath. now with BoM this issue crops up if modifiable you can right click > edit while wearing and set the fabric to a transparent texture

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Chassie Rowley said:

I dislike reviving a dead discussion, but I have the same problem. Only difference I am not wearing a shoe base.

Looks like frost bite on feet.

Any suggestions?

!!!!!!!AASCHATZILLBBOOK_001.png

Are you wearing an older system skin?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1073 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.