Inithium Kupra Tattoos.

Kitty Aeghin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Alright. So, I've been trying to make a custom tattoo for personal use for a bit. I've tried other tattoos I've had, but, around the breast/butt/hips/waist area, Kupra has some really bad stretching problems. I've looked up the default BOM and SL UVs, but none of them work. The image comes out super distorted and transformed. It looks very strange.

I tried looking up specific UV/layers/whatever, but I couldn't find anything. I know Kupra has a dev kit available if you apply, but... considering I'm not pro at developing cosmetics and I literally just wanna make a single tattoo... it seems like a waste. Not that I'd even get accpted.

16 hours ago, Kitty Aeghin said:

Alright. So, I've been trying to make a custom tattoo for personal use for a bit. I've tried other tattoos I've had, but, around the breast/butt/hips/waist area, Kupra has some really bad stretching problems. I've looked up the default BOM and SL UVs, but none of them work. The image comes out super distorted and transformed. It looks very strange.

I tried looking up specific UV/layers/whatever, but I couldn't find anything. I know Kupra has a dev kit available if you apply, but... considering I'm not pro at developing cosmetics and I literally just wanna make a single tattoo... it seems like a waste. Not that I'd even get accpted.

I think there is a dev kit for skins and tattoos freely available in the main store. It’s the kit for clothing and mesh accessories that you have to apply for.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2021 at 10:20 AM, Janet Voxel said:

I think there is a dev kit for skins and tattoos freely available in the main store. It’s the kit for clothing and mesh accessories that you have to apply for.

Thanks! I did find this, but, uh... it didn't help much. The tattos are still weirdly warped. I'm sure I'm probably missing something very obvious on how to fix it. probably.

For anyone that's curious about what I'm talking about, I uploaded an image. This is just a circle that I was testing with. Thank you Firestorm for having Local textures so I don't have to spend money uploading each time!

If it matters, I'm using GIMP and I'm using a brush to "paint" it onto the UV layer. it doesn't seem to help at all.

tattoo_001.png

1 hour ago, Kitty Aeghin said:

For anyone that's curious about what I'm talking about, I uploaded an image. This is just a circle that I was testing with. Thank you Firestorm for having Local textures so I don't have to spend money uploading each time!

If it matters, I'm using GIMP and I'm using a brush to "paint" it onto the UV layer. it doesn't seem to help at all.

tattoo_001.png

It’s probably the mesh itself, it seems to curve upward at that point. What I would do is pull the peak down with the warp tool in gimp until it’s more circular.

The Kupra body badly distorts the stomach / belly button area, there is no way to adjust the shape to compensate, best you can do is warp your work .. which will make the tattoo's Kurpa specific and is somewhat aggravating for a body that is exclusively BoM.

Most of my BoM tats are junk because of this. I wish they would treat this as an obvious bug and fix the UV mapping.

• Like 3

On 4/13/2021 at 9:12 PM, Coffee Pancake said:

The Kupra body badly distorts the stomach / belly button area, there is no way to adjust the shape to compensate, best you can do is warp your work .. which will make the tattoo's Kurpa specific and is somewhat aggravating for a body that is exclusively BoM.

Most of my BoM tats are junk because of this. I wish they would treat this as an obvious bug and fix the UV mapping.

Yeah. I've noticed that. I've just been trying to avoid tattoos that go around the more obvious warped areas (groin/hips/butt/breasts), but, some of the more full-bodied tattoos still look good.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.