Are we ever going to be able to Fly in SL again?

Aishagain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK, the map is back.

Region crossing is mostly good.

But, as I work through landmarks, I find a lot of airfields have vanished. And there are places where usable routes are a bit hard to find.

Heterocera feels a bit empty of airfields. Riddings and Lapara are still there. I've not found anything further north.

Similarly, with Jeogeot, several of the southernmost airfields look to have gone, and most are on the edges of the Jeogeot Gulf.

If you use the Stilt/Log transition as a zero point on the map. it looks as though the southern Jeogeot cluster is the loner flight. Heterocera is surprisingly close.

Gaeta Airport Club in Lenimov is still the furthest out for the Eastern Continents.

I have made a couple of long flights. The big problem, if you want to use that option, is refuelling locations. I don't have a fix for that, and I have never felt the urge to struggle with it, even though I know if matters. (I think there are a couple of Ju-52 transports, and the real plane could never have made the flights depicted in the movie "Where Eagles Dare")

There are airstrips on the Bellisseria continent, but all the ones I know of are in the NW, and it's a long way from Costner Bay to the start of Satori. Flying boats, I suppose, if you want to take a break.

It's a bit like the railway situation across Bellisseria. Rez zones are a bit too sparse, and they seem to be set very early in the working sequence for new regions

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.