Jump to content

Force inventory update on beta grid


Recommended Posts

Forgive me if this question has been asked a million times. 

Is there a way to force update inventory on beta grid? 

I searched and found that changing password help, well I changed my password 3 days ago but inventory didn't update at all. 

Thanks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, arisaie said:

Forgive me if this question has been asked a million times. 

Is there a way to force update inventory on beta grid? 

I searched and found that changing password help, well I changed my password 3 days ago but inventory didn't update at all. 

Thanks. 

Simply put -- Nope, not at this time.

Since the move to the Cloud, LL cannot currently sync to the beta grid.  They cannot sync inventory, nor can they even create accounts over there for anyone that doesn't already have one.

 

BTW - When they finally fix it, it is supposed to sync nightly, but if it doesn't you can force a sync by deleting a folder than you need sync'd.  

 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Simply put -- Nope, not at this time.

Since the move to the Cloud, LL cannot currently sync to the beta grid.  They cannot sync inventory, nor can they even create accounts over there for anyone that doesn't already have one.

 

BTW - When they finally fix it, it is supposed to sync nightly, but if it doesn't you can force a sync by deleting a folder than you need sync'd.  

 

Any idea when they will fix it? 

This is a big issue as me and I imagine a lot of other people can't test upload some meshes (like rigged mesh) to see if everything is correct. 

10L upload fee (for 0 LoD) may not be much for experienced creators, but for us who are starting and uploading a different model for every minor detail it adds up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, arisaie said:

Any idea when they will fix it? 

This is a big issue as me and I imagine a lot of other people can't test upload some meshes (like rigged mesh) to see if everything is correct. 

10L upload fee (for 0 LoD) may not be much for experienced creators, but for us who are starting and uploading a different model for every minor detail it adds up. 

No clue when they'll get it fixed.  Quite a few folks have complained - I know LL knows that folks are not happy about this.

Be grateful you at least have an account there that you can log in to and do some free uploads.  Lots of folks can't even log in to the beta grid right now.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, animats said:

Can support get your inventory copied to the beta grid, or is that broken, too?

 

This is LL's status updates on the issue.   I don't think they'll do it via a Support ticket.  If word of such got out, they'd be totally swamped with tickets.

image.png.ed60dc4602ba84b9ddad47ed491b7b1c.png

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, arisaie said:

Any idea when they will fix it? 

This is a big issue as me and I imagine a lot of other people can't test upload some meshes (like rigged mesh) to see if everything is correct. 

10L upload fee (for 0 LoD) may not be much for experienced creators, but for us who are starting and uploading a different model for every minor detail it adds up. 

I use my OpenSim standalone to do test uploads, in my case that's mainly textures. I'm not well up on meshes but I did upload some test meshes to my standalone and they worked fine. I don't know if OpenSim (either standalone or OSGrid) supports rigged mesh or fitmesh though but (unless you know the answer already) it might be worth investigating.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the reminder about OpenSim @Conifer Dada. I'd had one running locally many years ago but I never thought of it since I came back with the lockdowns. I needed to test security devices on parcels and I struggled to do that until I found an absolute angel of a landowner. I could have used a local OpenSim region but it never crossed my mind. Since reading your post, I've got OpenSim running in my machine with one region, in case I need it again - and that's very likely.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...