USE OF SECURITY ORBS IN RESIDENTIAL RENTALS

Vixtee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all! I am wondering if anyone can help me in setting up my Casper Safe security orbs for my rentals. I am not understanding how the tenant will use it once the home is rented. What permissions and or options do I set or turn on?

3 minutes ago, Vixtee said:

Hi all! I am wondering if anyone can help me in setting up my Casper Safe security orbs for my rentals. I am not understanding how the tenant will use it once the home is rented. What permissions and or options do I set or turn on?

I would recommend reading through the Caspersafe wiki and join the in-world Casper group for help. Reading the wiki will help you set it up in no time. 

Thanks for your response. However, I have read through that and have not found the answer. I've also tried the group, but was met with rude replies as if my questions were dumb. I was hoping that someone here that owns property and uses it within their residential community for their tenants would have an answer. 

• Like 1

I mostly need clarification and to make certain I am doing things correctly. So if there is anyone that can help I would appreciate it! I think I would add the tenant as a SubAdmin so that they may add approved guests and to their ban list.

9 hours ago, Vixtee said:

I got the answer thank you! The tenant is added automatically once the home is rented!

I wouldn't buy this product for many reasons but that's not pertinent to your question. In addition to merely adding your tenant, you should also attend to the RANGE he/you are setting. For example "the entire parcel" means that if you rent stacked up platforms in one parcel, other people can't get home at all. Or if you rent sky platforms and have builds or activities or even other rentals on the ground, those people are suddenly blocked from their homes. So it should only be set to the periphery of the house, say 20-40 meters should do it, not 96 or "entire parcel".

I think it's also good practice to have "eject" and not "teleport home". This isn't a war game. It's not a battle. If someone happens to fly too close to your tenant -- perhaps he is a fellow tenant, or perhaps he is looking at properties with a mind to rent and NOT a griefer or peeper -- his punishment shouldn't be to be sent away home, if he hasn't set it in your rentals. Let him be ejected and fly on, he will get the idea. Teleport home means a  cancellation or loss of a sale to a prospective customer.

I personally allow security devices only in sky homes and only 500 m or higher, and not on the ground, to make for nicer community living. 

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know if Linden can give any help if a neighbour's security orb interferes with your parcel? One of the rental companies has the place nextdoor. I'm not a customer so they don't answer IMs. They have the orb right against the boundary and I'm getting thrown home when I'm trying to edit stuff on my own land.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Chance Acoustic said:

Does anyone know if Linden can give any help if a neighbour's security orb interferes with your parcel? One of the rental companies has the place nextdoor. I'm not a customer so they don't answer IMs. They have the orb right against the boundary and I'm getting thrown home when I'm trying to edit stuff on my own land.

An orb cannot tp you from land you own, unless it is not working properly.  First check the boundaries of your land.  If you are within the boundary and the orb is still teleporting you, don't bother to contact the owner, AR it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ArgontheDevil Ormega said:

An orb cannot tp you from land you own, unless it is not working properly.  First check the boundaries of your land.  If you are within the boundary and the orb is still teleporting you, don't bother to contact the owner, AR it.

Ok it looks like they straightened up the boundary and there is a now a void between the privacy screen and the boundary line. I guess my backside was dragging over the line while editing.  For years, they had the corner of the house sticking through the wall so I got into the habit of not looking up when I was close to the boundary.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chance Acoustic said:

I'm not on their land. It's one of those rentals with an over-compensating privacy screen. Their security orb is just the other side of it. 

If the neighbour's security orb is teleporting you home then both parcels are owned by the same entity (avatar or group).  Or you and your neighbour are sharing the same parcel

talk to your rental landlord who should be able to correct this situation

Edited by Mollymews
same
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.