I have only 1 follower

Doc Carling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

19 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

Actually it would be much more suitable to part the elite from the rest. 😛

This was just a joke. But infact the follower system is suitable to build groups of like-minded people which share the same interests. At the moment it's rather a  list of random names without function in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

But infact the follower system is suitable to build groups of like-minded people which share the same interests.

You can do that in-world, you can create a forum of its own for that, you can create a Discord server for that ... There's no shortage of means for like-minded people to congregate and communicate, so I'm not sure what the point of that would be.

6 minutes ago, Orwar said:

You can do that in-world, you can create a forum of its own for that, you can create a Discord server for that ... There's no shortage of means for like-minded people to congregate and communicate, so I'm not sure what the point of that would be.

Off topic. I'm talking about  this Community and a feature that if offers. And I'm not talking about sending people inworld and I don't want them building own forums nor I  want to discuss about discord servers. My question is, if the "follow" feature is suitable to build group of like-minded people.  As you told me in another reply, a simple yes or no would be enough as answer.

1 minute ago, Doc Carling said:

My question is, if the "follow" feature is suitable to build group of like-minded people.

You didn't pose it as a question, but fair enough ...

1 minute ago, Doc Carling said:

As you told me in another reply, a simple yes or no would be enough as answer.

No.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

But infact the follower system is suitable to build groups of like-minded people which share the same interests.

Some of the people I follow are not like-minded, but I like the way they express their views.  They sometimes challenge me on my thinking.  

Just because we want to read things posted by someone, it does not always mean we are like-minded.  Granted, the majority of people that I know only care about what like-minded people say, but that is not true of all.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Some of the people I follow are not like-minded, but I like the way they express their views.  They sometimes challenge me on my thinking.  

Just because we want to read things posted by someone, it does not always mean we are like-minded.  Granted, the majority of people that I know only care about what like-minded people say, but that is not true of all.

Choosing which category to read usually means you'll see the same people posting.  A lot of the threads in the creation section such as scripts, machinima, animesh and animation, I rarely even look at.  I see a lot of the same people in the tech section all the time.  Same with Answers.  Some people never post anywhere other than the picture threads.  

If you're following someone, you probably already know where they're likely to post and the reason why you follow them.  There is also the choice to NOT see what others post which seems like enough of a filter to me.

25 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Choosing which category to read usually means you'll see the same people posting.  A lot of the threads in the creation section such as scripts, machinima, animesh and animation, I rarely even look at.  I see a lot of the same people in the tech section all the time.  Same with Answers.  Some people never post anywhere other than the picture threads.  

If you're following someone, you probably already know where they're likely to post and the reason why you follow them.  There is also the choice to NOT see what others post which seems like enough of a filter to me.

When reading the forums, I always start with my defined Feed, which specifies certain sub-forums, as well as any thread I'm following and anything by the people I follow.  I only go peruse the other categories that I'm semi-interested in when I have extra time. The posts by someone that I follow will sometimes get me to threads in those 'semi-interested' categories faster, since I wouldn't be browsing them on my own very often.  The method works for me.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 2:33 PM, Eddy Vortex said:

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go back to sitting in a dark room stewing in my own hatred of life and everything in it.

And I'm going to post about it on MYSPACE.

GoCryEmoKidBoohoo.png.138355111d2e458b0780aaa895f0afb1.png

Wow, haven't heard the word Myspace in a long time. Lol. Myspace got so creepy before everyone left.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.