I have only 1 follower

Doc Carling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 minutes ago, Orwar said:

. . . Ugh, first the likes, now followers.

200_d.gif

Man, why always so serious? I posted this just for fun. I like the song. Do you serously believe that my self-confidence depends on the likes I get or on the number of followers?  Well, then you are very wrong.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

You're doing better than me. I have zero followers. :P

Loser. 😛 But don't worry. One fine day you will shine. Ah, you just won your first follower. Congrats. :)

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

Loser. 😛

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go back to sitting in a dark room stewing in my own hatred of life and everything in it.

And I'm going to post about it on MYSPACE.

GoCryEmoKidBoohoo.png.138355111d2e458b0780aaa895f0afb1.png

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go back to sitting in a dark room stewing in my own hatred of life and everything in it like an emo kid.

GoCryEmoKidBoohoo.png.138355111d2e458b0780aaa895f0afb1.png

Nah, you just won a follower. I didn't know that myspace still exists. I remember when it was a trendy social platform. But when it was sold, it went downhill.

Edited by Doc Carling

Just now, Doc Carling said:

Man, why always so serious?

Who, me?

07d827d1383d4f44ba4a86406b9049de.jpg

18 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

Do you serously believe that my self-confidence depends on the likes I get or on the number of followers?  Well, then you are very wrong.

My personal belief hardly matters . . . Or does it? Dun, dun, dun!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

Nah, you just won a follower. I didn't know that myspace still exists. I remember when it was a trendy social platform. But when it was sold, it went downhill.

Haha, thanks.

Their website is still active but they aren't as popular as they were in the aughts. They peaked when emo fashion was in vogue.

I actually do think it matters a great deal to you.  From this "humorous" post to the one about polling, to the likes on Flickr thread not to mention a few of your passive aggressive remarks about people only posting to get likes.   You've also been your own worst enemy in regards to a few people liking you or disliking you in the forums.  

I've actually turned off the option for people to be able to follow me on the forums.  I don't follow anyone here either.  

People either like me or they don't but I sure don't worry about it either way.

There's always a little bit of truth to what someone says even if they're "just kidding".

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I've turned off followers as well. Never follow either.
It always looks a bit like stalking to me.

People who share my interests, will most likely post in the same parts of this forums as I do anyway.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

😥 😄

This song came out when I was 8 years old and I loved it. I was already quite fond of synthesizers (even though I had no idea what they were) but I especially liked her wonderfully warm voice. 
The synths always reminded me of Sci-Fi space travel. Surely I can't be the only one?

EDIT: Last year or so I found this interview with Amanda Lear. I don;t know when it aired but the video was uploaded in 2012. Unfortunately, audio is Dutch and French and the subs are in Dutch. There don't seem to be any English subs available but perhaps this video can still be enjoyable to you (or others)

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

Loser. 😛 But don't worry. One fine day you will shine. Ah, you just won your first follower. Congrats. :)

Just followed Eddy too :) We should start a fan club!

6 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I LOVED that site but used to feel physically sick before blogging in case I only got a few likes xD 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Haha, thanks.

Their website is still active but they aren't as popular as they were in the aughts. They peaked when emo fashion was in vogue.

I remember the days. Though I never had a Myspace account. The German wiki says in 2019 Myspace lost all files which users saved in the years 2003 - 2016 because of a failed server move. Thanks for following me. Yay, I'm on the way to the top!

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

I've turned off followers as well. Never follow either.
It always looks a bit like stalking to me.

People who share my interests, will most likely post in the same parts of this forums as I do anyway.

Pity. I would follow you right away. :)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

This song came out when I was 8 years old and I loved it. I was already quite fond of synthesizers (even though I had no idea what they were) but I especially liked her wonderfully warm voice. 
The synths always reminded me of Sci-Fi space travel. Surely I can't be the only one?

EDIT: Last year or so I found this interview with Amanda Lear. I don;t know when it aired but the video was uploaded in 2012. Unfortunately, audio is Dutch and French and the subs are in Dutch. There don't seem to be any English subs available but perhaps this video can still be enjoyable to you (or others)

She was very popular in Germany. Because of her raspy voice parts of the rainbow/yellow press stated she could be actually male. lol

Edited by Doc Carling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.