Marketplace auto-log off

Caren Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Over weeks now is it hard to set up more then one Item in MP cause it need "a bit time" to set them up. And some weeks now comes this auto-log off and in the middle of the settings I be log out from LL in MP.

This is very annoying cause I like to log off when I like and not after realy short time from system.

I send a ticket cause the part for MP was over years my way to speak about Problems with MP - never had Problems that they not help - it was always great support.

Now comes answer from Ticket/LL that I should "file a Feature Request" or send my Problem to a "Web User Group" or visit "Inworld Group Meeting"

Well ... after Updates are good things that runs nice - changed. I ask myself all the time why good thing always changes that runs fine before cause for what we need "auto-log off" ???

And then I ask over the old way (Ticket) and should go now over diff. Ways to talk about this problems. I don't like it realy and write now here hopefuly that someone read this here from Stuff and tell it to the right one to stop this change. It works before good, who need this "auto-Log Off"

(Why I don't go this other ways they told me as answer in the ticket? My Language is german and I can understand by reading much but not all and to write Problems in english is harder for me) 

And I be wonderung why none make a topic over this "Auto-Log-Off". Are you all fine with this and have no problem by upload your new stuff in MP? All fine for you all? I don't like it from the first time and hope this will stop soon.

Best regards and wish all a nice weekend

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Caren Jewell said:

Over weeks now is it hard to set up more then one Item in MP cause it need "a bit time" to set them up. And some weeks now comes this auto-log off and in the middle of the settings I be log out from LL in MP.

This is very annoying cause I like to log off when I like and not after realy short time from system.

I send a ticket cause the part for MP was over years my way to speak about Problems with MP - never had Problems that they not help - it was always great support.

Now comes answer from Ticket/LL that I should "file a Feature Request" or send my Problem to a "Web User Group" or visit "Inworld Group Meeting"

Well ... after Updates are good things that runs nice - changed. I ask myself all the time why good thing always changes that runs fine before cause for what we need "auto-log off" ???

And then I ask over the old way (Ticket) and should go now over diff. Ways to talk about this problems. I don't like it realy and write now here hopefuly that someone read this here from Stuff and tell it to the right one to stop this change. It works before good, who need this "auto-Log Off"

(Why I don't go this other ways they told me as answer in the ticket? My Language is german and I can understand by reading much but not all and to write Problems in english is harder for me) 

And I be wonderung why none make a topic over this "Auto-Log-Off". Are you all fine with this and have no problem by upload your new stuff in MP? All fine for you all? I don't like it from the first time and hope this will stop soon.

Best regards and wish all a nice weekend

Hi Caren,

I'm extremely frustrated by it too.  And it isn't just when setting up new listings.  I get logged off randomly just when doing searches.  Happens with the SL dashboard too.  If this was intended, it's a terrible new "idea" - it doesn't improve anything and makes the MP (especially) even more onerous to use.  I think it requires a bug JIRA rather than a feature request.  I haven't done it yet because that system is also extremely frustrating and time-consuming - set up the JIRA  just to have it summarily "closed" with a "we'll look into it!" comment.

• Like 2

It was announced a while back LL are working on a single site wide log-in so instead of having to log-in to your dashboard, marketplace, my.secondlife etc. you log in to one of those and it logs you in to every part of the SL site. While working on this you might find log ins don't stick

Yes, I remember that. The thing is, I've always woken up in the am, logged on to the dashboard and automatically been logged into the MP and my.secondlife. I never had to log in more than once a day, and never had to do those sites separately. I still don't have to do them individually, I just get logged out randomly. And it isn't from all 3 at once, it may just be the dashboard, but still logged into the MP and my.secondlife, or some other combination.

I was wondering what was going on since last little while MP keeps just logging me out entirely randomly while I'm trying to find things or am literally in the middle of buying things. This implementation of 'auto-logout' is so half baked. You can be literally in the middle of a transaction or have just bought one thing and then go to buy a second item and it'll log you out. I can't tell if it's tied to how much time has passed since you logged in, or if it just has some timer where it just ups and logs everyone off, but what ever of the two it is, it's really dumb.

On 3/21/2021 at 12:19 PM, Claireschen Hesten said:

It was announced a while back LL are working on a single site wide log-in so instead of having to log-in to your dashboard, marketplace, my.secondlife etc. you log in to one of those and it logs you in to every part of the SL site.

I want blockchain 2FA or nothing!!!1!!1!

Huh, I didn't know that was a thing. I've noticed it, and gotten annoyed by it, though. Hoping they'll change it, either back to the way it was or, if moving backwards is inconceivable, to something less annoying.

I'll often browse the MP and just leave tabs open, drop demos into my cart, and go do something else, then come back to continue aaand get thrown out. Rude.

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I want blockchain 2FA or nothing!!!1!!1!

M0tTx9m.gifQXNojL6.gif

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Kesslan Saramago said:

I can't tell if it's tied to how much time has passed since you logged in, or if it just has some timer where it just ups and logs everyone off, but what ever of the two it is, it's really dumb.

I think it is some part of their Single Sign-on thing that got royally screwed up, either by the move to the cloud or just messed up clueless programming.

• Like 1

• Lindens

Hi all,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you all are having.  Clearing cache and cookies should resolve the log out issues, but if you are still seeing them after doing that, please contact Support via ticket to let us know.   Being logged out on the regular is definitely not something we intended and will definitely look into it.  I see some of you mentioning getting logged out multiple times a day, and that's something we sure want to look into.  Please include the following info in your ticket:  what browser and version you are using, when the last time was that you cleared your cache and cookies in your browser, about what time SLT the multiple log outs occurred, and how many times you were logged out during that session.  The info from those tickets will make it's way to me and the Web team can start looking into those issues.

Thank you!

• Thanks 1

• Lindens
1 hour ago, Arwen Serpente said:

Thank you for replying Keira. Do we need to clear cache and cookies every day? Because just doing it once doesn't solve this issue.  Not really a solution.

Hi Arwen!

No, you shouldn't have to be doing it every day.  The cookie will be good for quite a while, so if it's expiring on a daily basis, that's definitely something I want to look into for you. 

lol, no sooner than I said that, I went back to the MP (after having cleared cookies and closing browser, reopening it, logging in again). I had left the MP tab open for the past 15 minutes or so, and this is what I come back to:   https://gyazo.com/e89fcce730fd336a2dedfe9d5516b74f

Is that related to this or is something else going on with the MP right now?

Edited by Arwen Serpente
Added a question

So, at 9:49 am MDT, I cleared all 'secondlife' cookies -- only the ones that had 'secondlife' in them.  I also cleared the browser cache.

I then reloged to the forums in one tab, to my Dashboard in another tab, and to the MP in another tab -- using Chrome.

Shortly after that I left the browser open but went to do other stuff -- work stuff.

At 12:32, I went back to the MP browser tab and was  logged out.  I went to my Dashboard and was logged out there also.  I was still logged into the forums.

Since I did not clear ALL cookies and SL might have some without actually having 'secondlife' in the name, before I log a Support ticket I am going to delete ALL cookies and then repeat the entire test.   Just figured I'd go ahead and note my initial results here.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

Re-did the test, clearing all cookies and cache, and the restarting the Chrome browser.  Roughly 35 min later, I was still logged in when I refreshed the MP.  However, after leaving the MP and Dashboard tabs untouched for a bit over 1.5 hours, I was logged out of both.

Ticket submitted.

I'll check Firefox later.  I pretty much never use Edge, but might check it later also.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Keira Linden said:

Hi Arwen!

No, you shouldn't have to be doing it every day.  The cookie will be good for quite a while, so if it's expiring on a daily basis, that's definitely something I want to look into for you. 

Using Firefox browser.
Cookies and cache were cleared yesterday as instructed.
Stayed logged in overnight (idle - not using it). Returned to keyboard around 5:30am est. Still logged in to dashboard, my.secondlife.com and MP. All 3 behaving as expected. Then as I am doing a simple search on MP at 6:22 am est, I am randomly logged out. Went to see dashboard, logged out there as well. And logged out of my.secondlife.com

I actually closed out the MP and Dashboard tabs yesterday evening, but left the browser running, though idle, as I went off to watch TV.  I came back 2-3 hours later to read the forums, where I was still logged in and the pages were still open in the browser.  I opened a tab for my Dashboard and I was actually surprised to find it still logged in.  Opened a tab to check the MP and I was still logged in there also.

AND I was still logged in this morning when I pulled up a fresh browser and went to the MP.

Oddity - I just now logged my alt in to her Dashboard on another browser (Edge) and then click on Help / Support History and the darn think popped up the log on page again.  So I had to log on a second time before it would take me to my Support tickets.

And it just logged me out again.  It is now 11:22am est - just 5 hours since the last time I was logged off and had to log back in. Again, it was in the process of doing a search.  I had been searching, using the dashboard, and my.secondlife.com for 5 hours without incident and then this.

Edited by Arwen Serpente
Added a bit more explanation of what I was doing when I was logged off.

• Lindens
4 hours ago, Arwen Serpente said:

And it just logged me out again.  It is now 11:22am est - just 5 hours since the last time I was logged off and had to log back in. Again, it was in the process of doing a search.  I had been searching, using the dashboard, and my.secondlife.com for 5 hours without incident and then this.

Ok, if you haven't yet please do submit a support ticket with all that info so that we can start looking into the issue for you.

@Arwen Serpente- I opened a ticket yesterday.  LL said that they "refreshed my MP settings on their side" and for me to clear cookies & cache again and I should be good.  So far, things are good - I've not be auto-logged out after almost 3 hours.  Time will tell if that really did fix it.

ETA:  An hour after this comment, I went back to the Dashboard and MP tabs and I had been logged out of both.

Ive been in the MP for the last hour shopping and getting items to decorate in world and I was auto logged off 6 times.  The last time was just after I made a purchase.  I checked the time and it was 4 minutes after I made the purchase and MP had delieveried it to me  .then I went back and noticed I had been logged off again.

I have cleared all cookies and waited until it made new cookies and still the same issue.  I think it might be worse now.  I hope they can resolve this issue.  I talked to my close friend in SL and they didnt seem to be having the issue.  So it seems to be just certain accounts.

13 hours ago, Keira Linden said:

Ok, if you haven't yet please do submit a support ticket with all that info so that we can start looking into the issue for you.

I'll file a support ticket as requested.

But seriously, why? This entire thread is a support ticket.  The issue has been presented by multiple residents (certainly many more experience it but don't come to the forums to post).  Support is just going to direct the issue back to....you? Anyway, sorry for the sarcasm, but I really don't get it.  If you said file a JIRA, I'd get it. 

Oh and the MP appears to be unreachable currently 5:30am EST. image.png.877590e75c831c986b1a6f73a3e94572.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.