BOM Clothing

JoJo Aurelia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1088 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anyone want to use BOM for clothing again? I've many gowns and women clothes made prior to mesh.  Some look great on BOM, as I've tested and created new clothes as well as updated a few gowns. But it's unclear to me if the population is interested. The bom looks way better than on a standard body and offers natural drop shadows. The main issue is clean matching lines for various bodies, similar to mesh sizing. Clean shoulder lines on body A, skewed lines on body B. AND BOM bodies look perfect on some bodies, while other bodies have irregularities that can't be fixed by the designer. A newer body is offering a fix on their hud for butt suck and bewbies clinging with BOM. resolving one main gripe about BOM Clothing. Anyways curious if you think it's coming back in a serious way. I've searched for answers but most BOM is skin and makeups. Thanks if you have time. 

You really only see the occasional lingerie thing, like BOM stockings. I don't think there is a lot of interest from consumers. And the only body I know of that really looks good with full BOM clothing is Slink because they have put multiple BOM fixes in their HUD. They were the first one to do it and I was surprised that the other major bodies didn't follow suit, I guess they weren't expecting people to be that interested in BOM for clothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

You really only see the occasional lingerie thing, like BOM stockings. I don't think there is a lot of interest from consumers. And the only body I know of that really looks good with full BOM clothing is Slink because they have put multiple BOM fixes in their HUD. They were the first one to do it and I was surprised that the other major bodies didn't follow suit, I guess they weren't expecting people to be that interested in BOM for clothing.

Maitreya includes the BOM addon parts & addon HUD.  It is for those that wish to wear BOM clothing and be able to smooth their bits. The addon also has toe caps for use with BOM stockings.  

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, JoJo Aurelia said:

Does anyone want to use BOM for clothing again? I've many gowns and women clothes made prior to mesh.  Some look great on BOM, as I've tested and created new clothes as well as updated a few gowns. But it's unclear to me if the population is interested. The bom looks way better than on a standard body and offers natural drop shadows. The main issue is clean matching lines for various bodies, similar to mesh sizing. Clean shoulder lines on body A, skewed lines on body B. AND BOM bodies look perfect on some bodies, while other bodies have irregularities that can't be fixed by the designer. A newer body is offering a fix on their hud for butt suck and bewbies clinging with BOM. resolving one main gripe about BOM Clothing. Anyways curious if you think it's coming back in a serious way. I've searched for answers but most BOM is skin and makeups. Thanks if you have time. 

Some stores still have their system clothes up on the MP.  I have a pair of leggings from League that I can now wear under long sweaters or coats.  I haven't really looked at other stores but some pieces are great to wear as layers.  Not sure people are willing to give up their better looking mesh but system/BOM clothing still has a niche.

• Like 2

I have to admit that I would probably not be very interested in BoM outerwear like gowns, dresses, jackets, coats and jeans for example.  I would be more interested in products like leggings, lingerie, under shirts, etc.  So I'm definitely more in the BoM enhancing the mesh outfits I wear camp and not solely BoM.

• Like 3

On 3/21/2021 at 11:33 PM, Gabriele Graves said:

I have to admit that I would probably not be very interested in BoM outerwear like gowns, dresses, jackets, coats and jeans for example.  I would be more interested in products like leggings, lingerie, under shirts, etc.  So I'm definitely more in the BoM enhancing the mesh outfits I wear camp and not solely BoM.

This. My avi is wearing BOM jeans today, because I wanted them to not interfere with a long drapey top--so I'm basically wearing them as jeggings. Plus I already had them from my classic avatar days. If I were shopping for a new pair of jeans, I like ones with more dimension than BOM jeans have. OTOH, I'm loving BOM for underwear.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 8:54 AM, JoJo Aurelia said:

A newer body is offering a fix on their hud for butt suck and bewbies clinging with BOM. resolving one main gripe about BOM Clothing.

I thought most of the existing bodies were already doing this one way or the other.

• Like 1

I have been experimenting with BOM clothing,  pulling out some old system file clothing I made years ago and stuck in an obsolete folder.  I have also been making some new BOM clothing items.  What I find it most useful for are clothing items that can be worn under mesh or with mesh.  For example BOM pants worn under a long mesh top with mesh boots,  as most of us have experienced you cannot wear long mesh boots over mesh pants it just cannot be done without the mesh pants poking through the boots, but using a good BOM pant solves that problem.  The same with mesh long tops ( I have even used some mesh dresses as tops) over mesh pants mostly won't work for the same poke through issue.  Also a lot of those really low cut sexy type tops that barely or don't even cover the nipples can be worn more modestly if a BOM undershirt is offered to wear underneath the mesh top or dress.  I have recently put out a few combination items like this, where I include a BOM pant or undershirt.  I think it works quite well, expanding the options folks have.

Here is an example of mesh shirt and boots with BOM undershirt and leather pants.

BOM for fun by TAZZ for Indigenous

and another mesh top with a few undershirt options:

Candied Cherries by TAZZ for Indigenous

Just a few thoughts and ideas for BOM use.

• Like 6

I only use BoM for skin, makeup, tattoo's and lingerie (which its great for!) or if im going to shock people dressed as good ol' Ruth. The only system clothing designer I can even remember from the "good ol' days" is Sintimacy. I'm sure with some really strong coffee I can remember more.

• Like 1

I use BOM clothing quite a lot, especially for long sleeved tops, undershirts and leggings.  Sn@tch is one of my favourites and this is my favourite system top from there. Sculpty sleeves which means I can wear them at different lengths. BOM leggings also from Sn@tch. The denim jacket, skirt and boots are mesh.

210412_101.thumb.jpg.2d9a33f3d8ba4a5909ca6d52c13aab75.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I have noticed some old clothing layers don't wrap around properly and you will have different heights to the tops of the texture when applied to the body. Maybe that was always the case and I am just more fussy now with a mesh body. I mostly just use Bom layers for underwear for modesty rather than messing about with alphas. I really wish some of the makers of applier underwear I used for the same purpose released system layer updates for Bom.

Searching for specifically "Bom panties" brings up just 200 entries and "Bom Bra" just 140 (of which over half seem to be pasties) surprisingly little choice.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 2:11 AM, Aethelwine said:

Searching for specifically "Bom panties" brings up just 200 entries and "Bom Bra" just 140 (of which over half seem to be pasties) surprisingly little choice.

Maybe don't use "'s in your search? I get 2178 results for Bom panties

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?search[category_id]=11&search[keywords]=BOM+panties&search[maturity][]=General&search[maturity][]=Moderate&search[maturity][]=Adult&search[page]=1&search[per_page]=12

and 1607 for Bom Bra

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?search[category_id]=11&search[keywords]=BOM+Bra&search[maturity][]=General&search[maturity][]=Moderate&search[maturity][]=Adult&search[page]=1&search[per_page]=12

maybe you had only adult turned on?

8 hours ago, Quistessa said:

I was looking in the underwear section. Without narrowing it down you get all sorts of rubbish to sort through, bad enough half of those in underwear are pasties without using a less specific search.

one of the problems with search is that the key words some folks use to point to their merchandise, are incorrect and misleading.  And that is a problem that I don't think there is an answer for.  I once put in the keyword "top"  and got a load of totally unrelated stuff like male parts even lmao.  

21 minutes ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

one of the problems with search is that the key words some folks use to point to their merchandise, are incorrect and misleading.  And that is a problem that I don't think there is an answer for.  I once put in the keyword "top"  and got a load of totally unrelated stuff like male parts even lmao.  

Well, also, just in general,  LL search is the worst search known to humankind!  :P

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1088 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.