"Un-deed" an object?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was setting up an object and forgot you need to set it in it's permanent location before deeding it, even though I'm a member - but not founder - of the deeded group.  Is there any way to un-deed something so I can move it then re-deed it?  Would a redelivery be required?

Appreciate any assistance!

5 minutes ago, Rowan Waffle said:

I was setting up an object and forgot you need to set it in it's permanent location before deeding it, even though I'm a member - but not founder - of the deeded group.  Is there any way to un-deed something so I can move it then re-deed it?  Would a redelivery be required?

Appreciate any assistance!

If it's your object, just take it back into inventory.  I believe it reverts back to undeeded.  My security orb works like that.

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

If it's your object, just take it back into inventory.  I believe it reverts back to undeeded.  My security orb works like that.

It was my object (Purchased, not made), but "return" isn't working, I get "disallowed by permissions system". The item works perfectly for me, I just can't move it, or return/take it.

8 minutes ago, Rowan Waffle said:

It was my object (Purchased, not made), but "return" isn't working, I get "disallowed by permissions system". The item works perfectly for me, I just can't move it, or return/take it.

Can you set it for sale for 0L then buy it?

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

You need to have the proper abilities for your role in the group to sell group assets or to take them.  If your group's owner has not given you those abilities, you can't do a thing.

Which abilities? My sim owner doesn't have a lot of experience with parceling off a piece of her land (she gave me a bit for free, which is awesome, so I'm not complaining).

On 3/21/2021 at 10:47 AM, Rowan Waffle said:

Get your land owner to return the item to you. 

As a long-term land owner and landlord, I am quite hesitant to give permissions to return group objects. The reason is, that it opens up the ability to remove my buildings and rental meters. So, before deeding, make sure that you set the permissions of any object in a way that you will be able to take it back.

I hope this helps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.