what is going with the belleza bodies?

Veronica Blackwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

It's also interesting that whilst support for Freya has noticeably declined with some brands, on the male side of things there has in the last year been a fair few who've dropped Gianni to exclusively make for Jake and/or Legacy. Particularly I've noticed some that only rig for Jake.

Whether it's a gambit of theirs to try to make people keep using Jake, or if they're just using Jake themselves and can't be bothered to rig for Signature and/or Legacy as well, I don't know.

I suspect that might not last long due to the neck seam issue. As more and more head switch to the new system, and people who get new product there find it doesn't look good with Jake, the body's popularity will likely decline.

That said, the male body market is a much narrower field than the female body one. Jake has an easier time persisting when there are so few other options.

What surprises me is that the top 3 male bodies basically have a very similar cut to them. The differences in look between Jake, Gianni, and Legacy can be somewhat covered by minor messing with your shape dials. It took me a lot of tampering to get my copy of Maitreya to look like my Freya shape - and that only succeeded because I had de=emphasized the thicker legs and butt of freya, so was able to upscale Maitreya. The bodies in the female that have generally not done well have all been 'too similar' - making it much easier for them to be overtaken by Maitreya long before their support cycles ended. Freya's only "gone down" now because it looks abandoned.

Also... not all, but a few builders sell fashion by the individual body. Those few merchants that do this can 'safely ignore' any survey because they have real data. A survey is just a contest of who can get their group members to click a link fastest. All a popular merchant has to do is sell one new product by individual body - to know what their customers really want. Most of them have done this in their 'gatcha event' items. And that can kill a less popular body faster than any survey. It can help keep a body that does poorly on surveys alive longer than seems logical.

- My guess is this is why Freya rose to the top of the Belleza list and still persists. But that guess is based on another extension... looking at gatcha resale items... Most of them seem to be for Maitreya or Freya. Which suggests that people buying those items originally wore either of those two bodies. Maybe this is what caused Slink support to start drying up. It might also be why Legacy and now Kupra are growing so fast (I've not checked gatchas recently... but if you see a LOT of resale items for those 2 bodies, that's an indicator).

21 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

Lelutka gave the universal neck out freely

Where does one get this 'universal neck'? I've looked on Marketplace and in the Lelutka in-world store and on the Lelutka blog. There's no mention of a download link for this anywhere I've looked.

3 minutes ago, KjartanEno said:

Where does one get this 'universal neck'? I've looked on Marketplace and in the Lelutka in-world store and on the Lelutka blog. There's no mention of a download link for this anywhere I've looked.

I think you have to get in touch with Lelutka staff as they are the ones who brought it in and pushed for standardisation for it.

Edited by Gabriele Graves

2 hours ago, KjartanEno said:

You have to contact them. I think they put something out on social media a few months ago when they first came out with it.

3 hours ago, KjartanEno said:

The 'universal neck' is part of most if not all currently available Evo and newer heads if you are looking for a Lelutka head it's not a separate add-on

3 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

The 'universal neck' is part of most if not all currently available Evo and newer heads if you are looking for a Lelutka head it's not a separate add-on

I make custom Bento mesh heads when I am motivated enough, like the one in my picture. While I have tested them on a few bodies, I'd like to know if there's anything I need to do to confirm my techniques are in line with the standard. I'm never going to compete with the big stores, since I'm doing it more for fun than profit.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KjartanEno said:

I make custom Bento mesh heads when I am motivated enough, like the one in my picture. While I have tested them on a few bodies, I'd like to know if there's anything I need to do to confirm my techniques are in line with the standard. I'm never going to compete with the big stores, since I'm doing it more for fun than profit.

It’s a really nice head you made. I would ask them and show proof of your work.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Irina Forwzy said:

By all accounts it looks like Belleza is the new TMP.  Now it could possibly be that they are working in one large, uber-massive, update. That will never come because they want to cram so much in, that they'll just release it as a new body.

Personally I don't think the comparison is fair or warranted.  Belleza hasn't pulled the plug on features that worked and then no longer worked.  Everything that worked still works with the items they originally worked with.  TMP took down the server without any warning which their body heavily relied on to function and those functions stopped working immediately.  They did this fairly soon after having a fire-sale on the body.  Belleza has never done that to my knowledge.  There is no comparison in my book.

I say this an interested observer only.  I have never owned a Belleza nor TMP body personally and so have no loyalties to express here.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Personally I don't think the comparison is fair or warranted.  Belleza hasn't pulled the plug on features that worked and then no longer worked.  Everything that worked still works with the items they originally worked with.  TMP took down the server without any warning which their body heavily relied on to function and those functions stopped working immediately.  They did this fairly soon after having a fire-sale on the body.  Belleza has never done that to my knowledge.  There is no comparison in my book.

I say this an interested observer only.  I have never owned a Belleza nor TMP body personally and so have no loyalties to express here.

Then not as much.  I made that joke, but ultimately we have to consider that last year was a very hard rl year. So some individuals that wanted to update, or produce items in sl, just couldn't.  And vice-versa.

20 minutes ago, Irina Forwzy said:

Then not as much.  I made that joke, but ultimately we have to consider that last year was a very hard rl year. So some individuals that wanted to update, or produce items in sl, just couldn't.  And vice-versa.

I understand, I really do.  However, Belleza isn't compelled or honour-bound to have to keep making updates forever, free or otherwise.  They may also be having a very tough year in RL.  Disappointing as it is we have to accept it and realize it can happen with any product, especially in SL.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2021 at 6:10 AM, Gabriele Graves said:

I understand, I really do.  However, Belleza isn't compelled or honour-bound to have to keep making updates forever, free or otherwise.  They may also be having a very tough year in RL.  Disappointing as it is we have to accept it and realize it can happen with any product, especially in SL.

true

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1098 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.