Where do you attache your favorite HUD? OR, where does it Attache to?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you are a avid HUD user you can help me and all of us by letting us know your fav huds attach point!

So, please tell us all where your your HUDs are attached to. Oh, yeah....'Please'...I forgot to say please!

Um, well...ok, yeah...what attache points are in use is easy enough to see via the right click on your avatar and then go to attachments or 'take off' and then list them all here please.

I will start...um,um... NONE! I don't wear a HUD often and take them off when I drive anyway. I also use default shoes and have only like 3 or 4 prim object attachment (helmet) and...well, yeah I am hardcore about lag reduction with my avatar, most of the time. Sometimes I doll it up and have fun looking at it and will drive with it to (flexi prims when going a medium speed are neat) but most of the time it is hardcore lag reducing. My arc is very very low!

I try to keep them to a minimum, but have dedicated places where essentials always go (ao, mystitool, hugger), plus free places where occasional ones go (combat huds, rp meters, Skippy hud). Generally, I squish them all to one side.

It's also a really good idea if your Tenderlove automatically replaces the Tiny Empires.

Poenald Palen wrote:

If you are a avid HUD user you can help me and all of us by letting us know your fav huds attach point!

So, please tell us all where your your HUDs are attached to. Oh, yeah....'Please'...I forgot to say please!

Um, well...ok, yeah...what attache points are in use is easy enough to see via the right click on your avatar and then go to attachments or 'take off' and then list them all here please.

I will start...um,um... NONE! I don't wear a HUD often and take them off when I drive anyway. I also use default shoes and have only like 3 or 4 prim object attachment (helmet) and...well, yeah I am hardcore about lag reduction with my avatar, most of the time. Sometimes I doll it up and have fun looking at it and will drive with it to (flexi prims when going a medium speed are neat) but most of the time it is hardcore lag reducing. My arc is very very low!

I only have 1 hud attached most of the time.  Upper left corner:  Huddles EZ Animator Deluxe.  My Huddles is my AO, my dance HUD, and just about everything else I use daily.  I run Phoenix, so I use the built in radar and not Mystitool.  The rest of the HUDs I have I only attach as I need them. 

By the way:  having a high ARC does NOT cause SIM lag. 

I suggest you read the blog about lag from Ana Lutetia.  It is very informative and explains what lag is NOW, what it isn't and what REALLY causes it.  It is long, but well worth your time to read it carefully.  Click HEREto check it out! 

ON EDIT:  An unexpected error was occurring when I tried to check the hyperlink, so here is the full address of her blog:

http://analutetia.com/2009/06/22/anatomy-of-lag/

upper center offset to the right, is my TP hud... just a simple SMALL tool that hold my most imprtant locations with a cycle button to flip through them. much nicer that the screen eating location/favorites bar in V2.

next is another simple one, hovertext time for a few key time zones, upper right, sits right below the SL time.

and lastly, bottom rigtht, offset a little left to avoid interfering with menus like inventory that often go there... my own littl multi tool, AO, local radar with direction, and chat calculator.

all three built and scripted by me.

I attach my walk/stand AO to my spine and on those rare times I need to address it I do so through the normal chat channel. That's the only one I wear all the time.

Other than that, I have a Huddle for dancing that I set up in the lower right corner of the screen and then any HUDs I use with my shoes, etc. usually come up center left.

First of all, thanks everyone! I know this is very unscientific BUT some tools are very popular and hearing of those is a help. I don't expect to make everyone happy but at least this is a starting point and I can reduce soem upset. Technically it is better to detach all of the HUD's when driving...but I can't expect that because people would get upset and who am I to say they should detach it if they are allowed it at the sim they are at!

On the ARC does not = lag. I read that stuff. I don't have fast hardware! I also mentioned it is "hard core" and that means it is a bit on the odd side lol. I mention ARC becuase it DOES mean something and I don't want to lag others PC's with my av loading when I TP in or come into thier draw distance. I mean, they already have my car to load...why see my clothes when it makes my car a cloud of floating blobs? They see the car mostly anyway, so...I sort of keep it low lag for anyone with slower hardware.

Having said that...well, it I was really "hard core" about reducing lag....well, no vehicles rezzed EVER is more effective! lol. But, it is fun to work on cars here and that is why I like it and keep doing it. It is what  I use it for, BUT if it helps me and also lowers streaming more prims and textures to people encountering my avatar...then good! Less ARC does make SL work a little bit smoother for some people, so I see no down side and just use an ugly or boring av lol.

::grins at Luc:: ZOMG I R FAMOUS lol (infamous?)

I will say that my huds aren't very typical of most people, and because I am an experienced scripter, they are very minimal impact. many in the tech crowd use less, and most newbies go crazy and run more and worse... I think my "heaviest" scripted av has a total of 12 scripts (about 4 of which I'd dearly love to remove/replace but can't), my ao is not hud interactive, it's just there so it's not clogging up av attach points because I use the same one for all av's

For some reason, I've noticed that short-term-usage huds like shoe colour changers etc seem to go on the top left. Is it only me who notices that, or have I imagined it? It's one of the reasons I keep top left free for such stuff.

Bottom centre is dashboard hud space for vehicles. They would just be silly anywhere else. Thinks.....actually, I'd love a hud to turn my entire screen into a view through a vintage car dashboard, complete with retro windscreen stickers, and fuzzy sepia-ed nostalgiac filters....(sorry....that's a tangent :) )

Does anyone else still have the Chou-Chou cinemematic hud? I love that thing.

nuuuuuuu, top left is chat history. bottom left im tabs if they're open. left is temp space, or edit. mid to bottom right is inventory and/or region av list, and above that minimap...

the only ones that stay solidly open are chat history and minmap, everything else is open on demand, occasionally I'll temp a small hud top center, but it interferes with coordinate display when building.

I always try to keep the center height clear, and find that the top corners are the lesat interfering with my view, mush as in RL.

I'm not sure where my HUD attaches. I login and it's there. It does show right on top of the build coordinates so I have to move it every time. I right click on it choose edit then scroll out with the mouse wheel and move the hud up, when I deselect it, it disappears. idk where it goes, out of my way thats where.

What is the deal with the default male stand pose? Who stands with their hands on their hips like that? I'm not saying theres anything wrong with having a feminine stance, I'm just stating an observation. It is a funny joke, ha ha; now fix it. please :matte-motes-angry:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.