Media On a Prim help

Dilbert Dilweg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Everyone,

I have been using Media on a prim for some functions to my website. I do not use any scripts in my media prim, at all. I just use the default system. I recently made some cosmetic changes to my site with a new banner..

The problem I am having is getting the new changes show up in world on my prim and hud (Using viewer 2.0, I am no longer seeing a "clear web cache" button in prefs).

Is there some way to clear the cache for it? Is there a secondary cache on the server other than the viewer? Or is there a script to use to clear it out and reload it successfully other than using the default system? Any help would be greatly appreciated :matte-motes-big-grin:

• 2 weeks later...

A little off topic, but ... Void, do you have any idea if there is a list somewhere of the viewers that support the media on a prim? I was trying to show a friend (I use the viewer 2), but she couldn't see the web page and she uses a version of Phoenix (starts with an E ... can't remember, I'm old). I thought I remembered a few people saying that most of the main viewers were supporting it.

V2, Firestorm, Kirsten's, and the V2 based versions of Dolphin and RLV. possibly Singularity as well. Essentially anything built off of V2 code base should support it automatically.

the rest of them of them can support it in a more limited fashion, if the creator sets up a separate click action for the face with a load url, or targeted parcel media script. It may require the internal browser to be used, rather than an external one, if they use certain features like "data:" URN's.

• 6 months later...

I have the latest SL viewer for mac and a friend of mine has the latest SL viewer for PC.
I put media on a prim with auto load enabled.
I can see it all the time immediately.
He needs to click on it...
If he puts media on a prim just like me... I can see his right away without clicking on it.
But he has to click on it.
It seems that the auto load does not work in windows?.
Both our configurations are identical...

HELP?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.