"Failed to find body part <<my shape name here> in the database"

AndehMoltoer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello! So, after  I just updated my viewer I've noticed that for some reason my avatar wasn't rezzing properly, and I would get the following error: "Failed to find body part Lelutka.THICC.Andreea in the database" (ignore the shape name). Just because of this sole reason I cannot wear any of my outfits! I tried to change the shape but it jus wont do, it messes up my outfits really bad and I cannot seem to be able to take the shape off. I don't want to sound harsh or anything but I have 224 outfits and most of them share this shape. I tried contacting Linden Lab but to no avail. I tried every viewer I could come across, Black Dragon, Firestorm, even the LL Viewer. Is there any way to fix this issue? I've also tried reinstalling, clearing the cache, everything!

Edited by AndehMoltoer

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, AndehMoltoer said:

Hello! So, after  I just updated my viewer I've noticed that for some reason my avatar wasn't rezzing properly, and I would get the following error: "Failed to find body part Lelutka.THICC.Andreea in the database" (ignore the shape name). Just because of this sole reason I cannot wear any of my outfits! I tried to change the shape but it jus wont do, it messes up my outfits really bad and I cannot seem to be able to take the shape off. I don't want to sound harsh or anything but I have 224 outfits and most of them share this shape. I tried contacting Linden Lab but to no avail. I tried every viewer I could come across, Black Dragon, Firestorm, even the LL Viewer. Is there any way to fix this issue? I've also tried reinstalling, clearing the cache, everything!

Reboot your modem.

i had the same problem a little while ago

because I never made a copy of my shape and stored it away safely (I do now tho) what I ended up having to do was make a new shape with same parameters

with backup copy (or whole other new shape) then use Replace Inventory Links

find the borked shape asset in Inventory. Right-click and Replace Links. Shows the REPLACE INVENTORY LINKS dialog. Find the new replacement shape asset in Inventory then dragdrop it on to the dialog

looks like this:

replinks.png.9de8bbe3ab0d8260fcd9d22f8ecf91ad.png

then press the Start button and it will do all the link changes and done

• Like 1

I have the same issue and it just popped up today after the restarts. Rebooting your modem will more than likely NOT solve the issue. Try clearing just your inventory cache. Relog and let the inventory rebuild.   If you remain a cloud for more than a few minutes then remove your entire current outfit by right clicking on your Current Outfit folder and selecting "Remove From Current Outfit".  This should remove everything except your shape, eyes, skin and brows (all but required avi components).  Then re-add everything. If your originals are still showing as unfound, then copy your back-ups and add those. One of my girls had to actually unpack a new body and shape and start all over. Is it a pain in the butt? Yes, but simply rebooting your modem will not solve the issue.    

52 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I thought "failed to find [anything]" in the database means you're SOL. At least with a shape, you can make a new shape. 

I've received that message before but it's usually when my inventory fails to load all the way.  I'll have maybe a 1/3 of my items.  Clearing inventory cache almost always fixes it for me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.