Hello, how long it takes on average for a banned account to disappear from the search.

nina Texan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

17 answers to this question

If an account is temp banned, they can still be seen in search.

If their account is in hold status, such as due to repeated failed payments to LL, they will immediately stop showing in search.

If their account is terminated, they will immediately stop showing in search.

People partnered to on-hold/terminated accounts remain partnered until they divorce from said partner.

30 minutes ago, nina Texan said:

Hello, I would like to know how long it takes on average for an account banned by LL to permanently disappear from the search. Thank you very much for your attention.

I'd guess that it is pretty much immediate, but given that the  web profile search is totally borked right now, I'm not sure that 'immediate' is currently correct.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nina Texan said:

Thank you very much for your answer. I have some more doubts

2 - Is there any other way to know if the account has been banned?

3 - What happens if the banned account has a partner.

Thank you again.

2 -- Nope   Edited:  Possibly they might disappear from groups, but not sure on that.

3 -- Do you mean 'Does the partnering automatically go away, thus disappearing from the partner's profile?"   I've no clue on that one.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

You gave me the idea of the groups. I joined a group on the profile that I believed was banned since yesterday. The last login is today, 
so he's unpunished, and I'm going to have to get used to the abuse.

Thank you very much for your help

37 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:
1 hour ago, nina Texan said:

A person violating ToS and CS is banned permanently or temporarily.

how do you know that?

I'm thinking it was a question - due to him using 'or' and mentioning 'so many questions' just above that.

1 hour ago, nina Texan said:

Sorry so many questions, I'm just trying to feel better.

A person violating ToS and CS is banned permanently or temporarily.

Both and possibly neither.

LL does sometimes give short-term bans for bad behavior.  You can even get a short-term ban from inworld due to something done here on the forums.

LL also gives permanent bans for things.  

LL also sometimes does nothing about an Abuse Report -- if they deem that it did not actually violate any rules...... at least based on all info they have.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

52 minutes ago, nina Texan said:

You gave me the idea of the groups. I joined a group on the profile that I believed was banned since yesterday. The last login is today, 
so he's unpunished, and I'm going to have to get used to the abuse.

Thank you very much for your help

Either you are correct and LL deemed the AR to not justify banning, even short term -- or they haven't even processed the AR yet.

31 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

when an account is banned then is not deleted from the system. Is only that the account cannot be logged in

True, but upon Search -- assuming Search is working correctly -- it will say "This name is unavailable" rather than some sort of 'not found' message.  However, that is not proof of a Ban because folks that request their account be deleted will show the same message, as will those that got their account locked due to owing LL money.

@nina Texan,

One should never submit an abuse report and then sit around waiting for the person she reported to vanish from SL forever. Unless the behavior is VERY bad (specifically, it includes repeated and egregious violation of the Terms of Service), LL will probably not ban the offender. They are in the business of attracting AND KEEPING a big user base, after all. It's not in their best interests to ban people unless they really, really need to.

So go ahead and submit the AR, sure. But then defriend that person, return or delete any gifts they have given you, block them, and ban them from any land you own.

Then carry on with your Second Life.

• Like 2

Well, stop sending them IMs! When you do that, it automatically unblocks them, if you have them blocked.

Furthermore, sharing IMs (on your profile or anywhere else) is definitely against the Terms of Service. Chances of them getting banned have gone up.

• Like 1

The IMs are from a while ago.  I walked her through how to do an AR with the IMs in the person's profile showing.  They actually have 5 Picks dedicated to IMs from her and their partner also has 5 Picks with the IMs.  I told her to go ahead and AR all 10 of them -- one AR for each Pick that is showing an IM.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.