Character keeps getting stuck/unmovable when teleporting after login

Saijito

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When i log in i usually go to my house first let everything load then find a place i want to visit. But whenever i teleport to a different location my character wont walk not matter which way i try: arrows, wasd, or clicking. Ive tried turning off my ao before teleporting but i didnt have much luck. Ive also updated and restarted my pc, and logged in/out of sl. This issues been happening for several days. Usually sl crashes shortly after teleporting somewhere else aswell.

Not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that I'm using my surface because my laptop is broken at the moment. But sl was running fine on the surface before this glitch started up. i set graphics, distance really low too. 

3 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Not being able to move (when you aren't blocked by objects) is usually a sign of being disconnected.

SL will often try to regain the connection for about 30-60 seconds before it finally tells you "I give up, we're disconnected."

i didnt know that. though right now, sl usually just crashes shortly after this happens. I'll test it again later and see if itll respond after 30-60 secs.

Yes that is a sign of you are about to be or have lost connection.

You can use the (Shift Key) + if your keyboard enabled the (WASD) keys and you should be able to move again.

However you will need to reboot the game / life sim , whatever you want to call it to move normally. " Camera View " might be off during (Shift + Key) movements.

Try " Avatar " > Avatar Health > Stop Avatar Animations that might allow you to move again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1121 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.