In Your Opinion...What is an Attractive PG Dress for a Woman or Man?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1128 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Y'all,

I'd like to put together an avatar that is not overtly sexual like in an X-rated dress and I'd like to know some opinions by asking what you find attractive dress/attire for a female or male in the PG/Moderate range?  I need some helpful hints...I'm at a loss.  If needs to be moved to YOUR AVATAR, let me know and I will ask for a move to that area.  Pics okay too in case you want to show an accessorized "pulled together" look or to show by example.  

THANKS.

Edited by JanuarySwan

13 minutes ago, JanuarySwan said:

Hi Y'all,

I'd like to put together an avatar that is not overtly sexual like in an X-rated dress and I'd like to know some opinions by asking what you find attractive dress/attire for a female or male in the PG/Moderate range?  I need some helpful hints...I'm at a loss.  If needs to be moved to YOUR AVATAR, let me know and I will ask for a move to that area.  Pics okay too in case you want to show an accessorized "pulled together" look or to show by example.  

THANKS.

Valentina E has a lot of PG dresses.  Maitreya only, though as far as I know.

ad olive.jpg

ad teal.jpg

ad lori.jpg

• Like 9

I shop a lot at Pixicat and Lindy so I've used them in both these examples of my usual style, though I have very few skirts, and will use the examples above for some shopping. :) 

Example 1:

Entice - West End Girls Sweater - Blue

Pixicat - Tova Boyfriend Jeans - Dark Blue

Lindy Kitlyn heels  - White

Petroff MK Female Watch

Supernatural Cora Anklet in Gold

Example 2:

Thalia Heckroth - Alex T-shirt

Entice - Work Skirt - Black

Lindy Kitlyn heels - Red

Petroff - Emily Watch - Red

Example 1.jpg

Example 2.jpg

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Spacing.
  • Like 9

Not sure if this is what you're looking for but here goes anyway:

Dress: Pink Cream Pie - Joan
Jacket: DE Designs - Sashi Jacket
Leggings: Blueberry - Cake Leggings
Boots: Asteroid Box - Canopus Boots
Tattoo: BodyCult - Rose Red Tribal
Nails: Empire - Claw Nails (Omega)
Rings: Blaxium - Corvus Rings

1877003964_Gabriele-JoanDress.thumb.jpg.bbb84109fbeb02a80b5789fdb769e97b.jpg

• Like 5

This is Neve's Stone jacket, Tomboy pants, and KC Dania Flats.

Classy_001.thumb.jpg.a08b742c332d273b303f8773fa8360c1.jpg

This is Erratic's Wexler Suit/Dress, and KC Nadia pumps. My mother wore a suit very much like this at her wedding in 1951. The bustier is a bit revealing, so I'd replace it with a system button down shirt.

Classy_002.thumb.jpg.7546737ecc53f3b9fa2e053760671288.jpg

This is Hilly Haalen's Hoody Jumpsuit and A&D Nautique deck shoes. I'm wearing an ancient system shirt under it, as I do with many outfits, to hide the cleavage many creators think we want to show.

Classy_003.thumb.jpg.7360fc1613b6508529628f5950415b46.jpg

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

On a man, I like if the dress is rather short.

Okay.  But, actually dress can mean attire.  It's an old fashioned way of using dress that is somewhat outdated today.  Looking up the word dress it can mean clothing, garb, apparel..."the dress in the 18th Century was colorful" for example.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Yuumo Ichibara said:

From an Asian POV, these outfits are generally perceived as both PG/conservative yet “sexy” and attractive. Something I would wear in RL on a date with the mister or simply when I want to feel pretty. Check out the collections at amiable

{amiable}Tricolor No-sleeve One-pice with Belt@N°21 (50%OFF SALE).{amiable}Flared Sleeve & Off-shoulder Oversized Top@Whimsical(50%OFF SALE).{amiable}Feminine Check Maxi Skirt Dress @ the Shiny Shabby(50%OFF SALE).{amiable}Off-shoulder Maxi Chiffon Dress@N°21 March round(50%OFF SALE).{amiable}Embroidered Pattern Boho Summer Dress@N°21 JUN(50%OFF SALE).

Lovely outfits.  Are these places open for people to visit?  They've given me some ideas for my new garden.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Yuumo Ichibara said:

So what do you think about these boys:

BTTB stolt dress & fördom belt x Equal10 June 2020

That's great!  All I am saying is it doesn't have to include only what is thought of a dress in that it has a skirt whether short, medium or long.  Pants are okay too.  I was really going for attractive attire not just what is thought of as a woman's conventional dress.  

I really like the clothes you posted from Amiable as well.   

So, what I've gotten so far with this thread is:  Be sophisticated and stream-lined, be casual and comfortable, be cute and little bit spunky or funky.  I think I can do some of those looks and I think I have a better direction how to go now.  

Edited by JanuarySwan
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Are these places open for people to visit?

Oh those are old photos by the designer so I am not sure if those places still exist

5 minutes ago, JanuarySwan said:

All I am saying is it doesn't have to include only what is thought of a dress in that it has a skirt whether short, medium or long.

I know, I was just joking with @Love Zhaoying about men in short dresses. For men, if there is one store that can summarize my idea of what attractive PG looks like it would be K by Kitt Ragu. Maybe the style is boring and MEH standing next to what the general (and younger) SL crowd perceives as “the hot bad-as$ guy,” but I think it looks rather lovely and refreshing.

NO! ! ! ! !2019/10/29

• Like 9

I'm pretty much a GAS guy.
At least half of my SL wardrobe comes from there. I need clothes for the classic avatar.
[sarcastic] I still haven't started to follow the classes needed to get halfway familiar with the mesh bodies. [/sarcastic]

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Karly Kiyori said:

I will often wear leggings or tall boots with a dress that's otherwise inappropriately short. 

I most often wear "dresses" as "blouses" over leggings. Not that I mind getting naked but I can't say I want to walk around a busy even mostly bare.   I LOVED these shorts (an Advent gift last year) but they were so hiked up in the back they were embarrassing (and unrealistic). To compensate for that I made my own black leggings (just tinted but took a few tries to get them to work with the low slung shorts) :D.   

1351285930_redstyling.thumb.jpg.dcb8b677cd9dc92102331b3ee2d51abb.jpg

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1128 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.