World Map has not updated for many months

Jaauuwn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1133 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I thought there was already a discussion on this but I can't find it after searching many times. If you can lead me to that other discussion please do.

Have there been any updates to explain why the World Map has not been updated for what seems to be many months now if not half a year?

I am using the default SL browser and noticed 2 automatic updates in the past few months in which I hoped the problem would be fixed but still no sign of that.

I assume I am not the only person still experiencing this problem but if I am please let me know! Thank you.

8 hours ago, Jaauuwn said:

I thought there was already a discussion on this but I can't find it after searching many times. If you can lead me to that other discussion please do.

Have there been any updates to explain why the World Map has not been updated for what seems to be many months now if not half a year?

I am using the default SL browser and noticed 2 automatic updates in the past few months in which I hoped the problem would be fixed but still no sign of that.

I assume I am not the only person still experiencing this problem but if I am please let me know! Thank you.

Welcome to my world.

Don't be railroaded into calling things by some special jargon as done in this world. It's a browser, which is what every other company calls it, not "viewer".

We're told this is some kind of "mop-up" small sort of chore that they will do "soonish", apparently related to the fact that all the servers were moved to AWS into "the cloud", which I suppose changed their addresses or routing or some feature of them that has to be re-done or fixed. Apparently it's not a priority so it's not getting done.

PS Search/places and search/names are also broken.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Don't be railroaded into calling things by some special jargon as done in this world. It's a browser, which is what every other company calls it, not "viewer".

If LL calls it a viewer, it's a viewer:- https://secondlife.com/support/downloads/

It is not a browser. A browser serves a completely different function.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

If LL calls it a viewer, it's a viewer:- https://secondlife.com/support/downloads/

It is not a browser. A browser serves a completely different function.

I guess that's why so many tech sites even use them interchangeably, and Redditors are asking what's the difference and people argue, etc. etc.  It's ok to call it a browser. In fact LL itself slips up and calls it that *within the viewer* when it asks about going to an internal or external browser. Unless, of course we're to accept the proposition that inside the viewer, there's an internal browser. Distinction without a difference.

@Lucia Nightfire [Date Stamp]. And I guess we're looking by early next year then?

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1133 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.