Restarting

CaptainLunaRixis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello. First, and perhaps last message on the forums. Lately I've been feeling the Second Life itch again, and would like to start over together with a friend, considering I hadn't done all that much with my current account and I forgot most everything already. I know there's a way to cancel your account. But from what I understand the account name itself will remain locked. Is there a way to continue using my same name and, say, restart my resident time all over again?

Edited by CaptainLunaRixis

4 answers to this question

42 minutes ago, CaptainLunaRixis said:

Is there a way to continue using my same name and, say, restart my resident time all over again?

Nope.  Just like RL, you cannot change your birth date in SL.  If you want a new current birthdate, you will have to create a new account.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, merpunk said:

Not sure what's confusing about my answer. If someone wants to keep their name, they can delete their inventory, avatar, etc. and pretend they're starting from scratch.

what has that to do with a new start .. it would be if somebody could keep the inventory and get a new name (as is possible) what you say is destroy your investment.
Nóbody can see your inventory... but does see your name, and the name is the history for people that know you.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.