EEP Settings for my parcel to 24-hours

MasterJedi Nayar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1133 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've set my own home parcel like that - 24 hour clock, matching current EU time (GMT + 1/2)... so when it's dark behind the window in RL, it's also dark for me in SL. Open the Environment tab in About Land window and set the "Day Length (hours)" to 24, then manipulate the "Day Offset (hours)" slider until the "Apparent Time of Day" below matches the desired real life time.

unknown.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have yet to experiment with EEP, but I'm wondering, when you customize the sun to rise and set in accordance with a 24-hour cycle, does llGetSunDirection report the sun is below the horizon (z is negative) for the entire, say, 10 hours that you've set it to be night?

[This can be easily tested in Belli by rezzing any of the Mole-supplied lights that can be set to turn off/on during day/night, e.g., the trailer (camper) fairylights, or observing any mole (or my, actually) fireflies.]

• Like 1

Hi!

I made a 24 hour cycle and it works like a charm in the Blue Dragon viewer but in Firestorm something seems to be wrong with the time offset. The parcel is set to 24 hours of course and the offset is zero (London time) and in About Land the slider also shows the correct postion. E.g. 0% at midnight RL time and 50% at noon. But the actual windlight is somewhere in time. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Vic

• Like 2

I think I got it working, but I do admit, it looks lighter in the sky. Is that because I have done something wrong?  I log in around 2 to 3 am SLT.  I wonder if in real life, there are more obstacles in the way to make the sky not as bright around the same time?  I feel it should be much darker, yes?

I think i found the bug in Firestorm: It's an issue with the Quick Preferences:

I always use the the dropdown menus in the quick preferences and it goes like this:

SKY: Day cycle preset
Water: Day cycle preset
Day cycle: i click 'Shared environment' and it jumps to the SS ATMOS 6 or (something else)

If i click on the day cycle i made it also shows this day cycle in Day Cycle but still: The time is not right.

If i choose World -> Environment -> Use Shared Environment the field Day Cycle in the Quick Prefs menu shows none but finally: The day cycle works. Another Intersting fact is that if you choose daycycle: none in the Quick Prefs menu it does NOT work either because it jumps to SS ATMOS 6 again. The easiest way to get the parcel's daycycle is to click the big X right to the Personal Lightning button.

Thank you for your help!

Vic

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1133 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.