HELP, IF POSSIBLE. HEAD/BODY TOGETHER WONT ACCEPT SKIN.

sweetsbrowneyes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1095 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'VE LOST MY BODY AND AM TRYING TO REPLICATE IT.  I WAS AWAY A COUPLE YEARS AND HAVE FORGOTTEN MUCH.  I HAVE AN ORIGINAL HEAD, ISBJ SKIN AND A MAITREYA BODY (WHICH I DEEPLY AND MOST SINCERELY HATE I PATRONIZED THE VENDOR).   WHEN I ATTACH THE SKIN TO THE HEAD AND BODY TOGETHER, ONLY THE BODY CHANGES TONES!!!

I WAS THINKING IT HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE HEAD BEING ORIGINAL AND THE BODY BEING MESH,  BUT AFTER TRYING DIFFERENT THINGS, DISCOVERED THAT IS NOT THE CASE.

I D/L'D THE MAITREYA V5.3  THINKING I WAS MISSING SOMETHING, BUT TO NO AVAIL.  I NORMALLY TRY VARIOUS TACTICS MYSELF, BUT CAN'T GET BOTH TO CHANGE COLOR TOGETHER.  NOT SURE HOW I GOT THEM ALMOST THE SAME IN THE PAST, ALTHOUGH I ALWAYS HAD A NECK OF TWO SIZES, ESPECIALLY VISIBLE IN THE BACK - THE NECK SIZES IN THE OLD MAITREYA HUD NEVER WORKED.
((NO, I'M NOT SHOUTING-THATS ABSURD, IN THE EARLY SOCIAL INTERNET ROOM DAYS, CAPS WERE INTIALLY USED TO CONVEY ANGER AND/OR FRUSTRATION.  NO ONE CAN HEAR ME.  ITS SO MUCH EASIER TO SEE THE WORDS))

Edited by sweetsbrowneyes

5 answers to this question

it depends on what skin creator you are trying to use. there are skin creators creating skins for skind & head in one, and there are creators that create them seperate, so you have to wear an body skin and an head skin (which are mostly tattoo layer then)

but i should read other comments first, as @Alwin Alcottalready said that

It sounds as if you are using a skin HUD, a little button that you click on your screen to apply the skin tone to your Maitreya mesh body. This will not apply the skin to either a mesh head or the default head of the system body.

If you have a mesh head, you'll need to get a skin HUD for that brand of head from the same place you got your skin HUD for the body.

If you're applying the skin to a default system body/head, you should already have the correct skin in your inventory. But instead of being an object you attach to your screen, it will have the symbol of a...um, skin sort of thing. Right click it and choose Wear. Do this in addition to using the HUD to apply the skin tone to the Maitreya body.

I hope you get we are guessing... we need DETAILS to give you a precise answer. I suspect there is a language issue too. So, words and sentence structure need to be precise to translate well. I'll try, but...

Maitreya body - that helps, good. Version?

Skin - Applier or BOM? You attach the skin how?

Head - original? The word 'original' in SL has multiple meanings. Is the head Mesh or Classic/System? (As 'classic' can have multiple meanings too.)

Above are the things we need to know to be sure we understand your issue.

Guessing, since the head isn't changing we are assuming you are using a skin applier, which affects the body but not the Classic head. The Classic head will require a system layer skin which can be added by selecting WEAR from within your inventory panel. Not all skins come with system layers. Those appliers labeled as including Classic or BOM will have system layers.

If you are wearing a system layer skin you can set the Maitreya body to use the same skin by enabling BOM in the body's HUD. You can use both the system layer for the head and the applier for the body. But, you are needlessly increasing the texture load for your avatar. Go with BOM enabled on the Maitreya body and reduce the number of textures required.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1095 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.