My body is doing that thing again ...

Orwar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

About a year ago, I was starting to have issues with my body looking fine on my end, but not appearing for others - which was easily remedied by refreshing my attachments, and since fixed by moving the body's attachment point from the right hand to the avatar center. 

In the past week or so, the same issue has begun to occur, and whilst refreshing attachments does fix it, having my body on a different attachment point does not seem to solve the problem. I have it happening on both my alts (both using Maitreya). Is it something with SL, or is Maitreya having issues? Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone got any solutions? I've redelivered the body and re-done the whole 'attach to avatar center' bit, but when I TP or log in it's prone to breaking again. 

... Good thing I pretty much always wear BOM undies, at least!

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

About a year ago, I was starting to have issues with my body looking fine on my end, but not appearing for others - which was easily remedied by refreshing my attachments, and since fixed by moving the body's attachment point from the right hand to the avatar center. 

In the past week or so, the same issue has begun to occur, and whilst refreshing attachments does fix it, having my body on a different attachment point does not seem to solve the problem. I have it happening on both my alts (both using Maitreya). Is it something with SL, or is Maitreya having issues? Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone got any solutions? I've redelivered the body and re-done the whole 'attach to avatar center' bit, but when I TP or log in it's prone to breaking again. 

... Good thing I pretty much always wear BOM undies, at least!

It could be a different attachment. Is there something else also attaching to avatar center besides the body? If so, move that thing to a different point.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

Is there something else also attaching to avatar center besides the body?

Dang it. Yes.

Mina has a meter for a HUD that was apparently on the avatar center, and Neph has a deformer that was on the avatar center. I was so certain I wouldn't have anything else attached there ...

I'll try shifting stuff around and see if it goes away - thanks!

• Like 3

On 3/14/2021 at 8:54 AM, Orwar said:

Dang it. Yes.

Mina has a meter for a HUD that was apparently on the avatar center, and Neph has a deformer that was on the avatar center. I was so certain I wouldn't have anything else attached there ...

I'll try shifting stuff around and see if it goes away - thanks!

I read this thread and thought it might be an AO.  I am kind of surprised to find out it wasn't an AO attached to center.  

9 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

I read this thread and thought it might be an AO.  I am kind of surprised to find out it wasn't an AO attached to center.  

It could be literally anything, not necessarily an AO or anything else. Any time you get two or more attachments on the same attachment point, there's a chance that one of them will be invisible to others,

Sometimes it doesn't matter - like if one is a deformer and the other is an AO; in that case both of those should be invisible to others anyway. So it might be a good idea to pick one particular attachment point and use that one point for everything that's not supposed to be visible to other people.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1108 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.