Pi Day tomorrow!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

And for another odd PI factoid .... The number of seconds in a year is 60x 60 x 24 x 365 = 31,536,000  which is within less than 0.2%  of PI x 10^7.  Not a bad first approximation.

Unfortunately, that error is growing. As the Sun loses mass via radiation and the solar wind, our orbit is slowly spiraling outward, lengthening our year.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2019/01/03/earth-is-drifting-away-from-the-sun-and-so-are-all-the-planets/?sh=30bddb966f7d

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It's been PJ day every day at my house for just a tad over a year now.

Haven't owned any PJs since I was around 8 .. I never get invited to any PJ parties! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Haven't owned any PJs since I was around 8 .. I never get invited to any PJ parties! 

I typically just sleep in a night-shirt, but I do have some cute PJ Shorts sets for when I travel.

*makes note to invite Orwar if I ever have another PJ party

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

It's just around the corner!

It's a national day though, not international - so it doesn't apply over here ... Which is a good thing, I'm not sure whether it would be well received if I showed up to the workshop in my birthday suit. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Wait what? Since when did you start selling books by the pound? 🤭

Well, I used to sell them by the prim.

That's just one of the many utterly useless nicknacs keeping my company while I cavort around my adorable little boathouse in my PJs on PJ Day. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, I used to sell them by the prim.

That's just one of the many utterly useless nicknacs keeping my company while I cavort around my adorable little boathouse in my PJs on PJ Day. 🙂

That's why I asked. Are you selling them by the primpound or meshpound or both? 🤔

Gibbs smack me if I'm getting too silly for you (just Scylla! I know how the rest of you are!) 😄

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.