Non-Bellissarian Mainland Communities

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So as we know from this thread, there is a certain demand some people have for a "community", one that has the perfect combination of privacy yet socialization, content and activities but not lag, shopping but not over-commercialization, nice people but not nosy neighbours like Gladys, etc. 

I'll continue to think of Bellissaria as Mainland, a version of Mainland reachable from the old, original, Mainland, i.e. "You can fly to it from Ahern." And I realize this is where the Lindens are putting all their investment, new content, staff time, etc. and that's justified and that's great. I think it would be good to get a sense of what the non-Bellissarian Mainland really consists of. That is, I know there are various long-time furry and elf kingdoms that don't stick their heads up much because they don't want to be bothered. I know there are very active Dinkie communities but they tend to be on islands, or places like Mieville, which has Steampunk where I've been a merchant for a few years. I'm always surprised when I land in a store of a top creator like anc, and discover they are on Mainland, and God bless 'em. If someone is on the old Mainland, I make an extra effort to patronize their shop.

I think it would be great to have some sense of what communities really exist on the Mainland. I personally think there are hundreds, because I fly around and see them. And I think most are content not to be found, and don't especially advertise themselves. If they have a good thing on the Mainland, a view not despoiled by giant rotating ad signs and enormous domes low in the sky, why ruin it by telling others about it?

Of course there are the extremely brave people at Campbell Coast who actually put land for sale and welcome people to come in and buy it, and encourage them to "fit in". I admire this spirit, which governs my thinking on my own rentals (without sales!), where I have "build" on and open groups -- which primarily serve for the convenience of tenants and their friends, I've found, and only rarely are misused by griefers or inconsiderate or clueless tenants. I mean, Mainland works, despite all the horror stories. However, I personally went through that phase in 2004-2005 where I marked out a commons and easements among lots and sold the lots -- and lived with 4 years of hard-core griefing and mayhem, unwilling to part with my first sim. Eventually, I bought back all this land and I personally never want to do that again. I think today, overall, there is less griefing in SL and it is a better environment, but still...I'm not in a place to experiment again.

I realize no one may feel like answering this thread and that's fine, I will research it inworld as well.

I'm going to see if I can fly around and make a list of open communities, i.e. those without banlines and I realize that even if I do 50 sims a day, with 5000 Mainland sims, even with Linden 30% of those of whatever, I may not finish this in my lifetime -- because I won't do it every day, I won't do 50 sims etc etc.  Why? Because I think if you make the statement that the Lindens "should" do X or Y or "should" care about the old Mainland more (deploying Moles to them again, for example), you have to back that up. The Lindens themselves at one level do not have the staff and bandwidth to know about everything that happens on their servers. That is, if there is a crisis of griefing or sim crashing or some other violation, of course they will be on that. But if there is some little community of breedables owners breeding and having little auctions among themselves in the hinterlands, and maybe putting on a stream or having a party or collecting for a charity or something, they aren't going to know about it because it just doesn't rise up to the level of an RFL event or something. And that's fine. I hope there are many such things. I think there are. But research is needed.

So I'll start the ball rolling and describe my communities, which are very lightly defined as such. They are rentals with rules. That doesn't make them a "community," but over time, some people make friends, they even fall in love, get married, in my rentals and put their happy moments on their profiles, then they get divorced, and often then create two rentals for me where once there was only one : )  Even so, I don't do anything to encourage or discourage socialization, as I think most people just want to be left alone, other than eject people as needed or unban people as needed, etc. I have had some tenants who have been with me for 15 years or 10 years or 5; some have died in RL; some died of COVID recently, and I feel as if they are like RL neighbours whom I never really got to know, but who are part of civic life. Sometimes I may hear more from a tenant and discover that in fact they are X or Y or Z -- I never really studied their profiles, I didn't have time. There isn't time to study their decor. Some want me to get involved in their decisions and are just more communicative and I try to help but unlike the Lindens or Moles, at my tiny level, there's only one of me, occasionally helped by my RL son and some long-time tenants. As I sometimes explain, I am not renting charm or a concierge RP experience, I'm renting cheap land. Rudeness actually has to become a management tool in these settings where people refuse to pay attention to multiple notices about serious overprimming or non-payment or violation of the rules. So many find themselves "victims" of "greedy and unscrupulous" landlords in SL, but since I know what they face, and the cost in time, treasure and talent involved, I always want to hear the other side of the story.

I rarely have organized activities any more, not only because socializing at the Manager's Buffet at Flamingo Court/Motel of Last Resort was a lot of work, with all those little drinks with umbrellas and such, and it would be griefed occasionally. I used to have Friday night open discussions at the Sutherland Dam which were quite popular but I finally was ground into the ground by griefing and Linden indifference/impunity and stopped them, for various other external reasons. I may start them again once I finish a big project for RL work -- but I've been saying that for the last 5 years...

I believe in tenants making their own buffets and discussions. And some do, although I think the truism of SL is that while there is a very hardy core of explorers and self-entertainers, and I count them among my good friends, most people do not make their own fun/interests and look for some external authority to make them -- even if only shopping, a club, a book club, etc. So I lay out the stuff, they can have a party or event if they want, but most of them tend to stay on their home base. I personally think rentals that lay on a lot of activities are dooming themselves to burn-out and frustration, yet it does work in some cases. I sketch out the activities -- quests, boating, relaxation, exploration -- and every day I see people doing these various things, which gladdens my heart, even at my little level, which is not your MadPea Games or Linden Realms or anything of the sort, just the old Narnia stories. I have various themes, mainly "norms," but also elves, druids, shamans, sci-fi, Asian/Tibet, Inca/Peru/Spain, Greece, etc. I have a gaming room in Free Tibet with chess and Go and "Cards Against Humanity" and SLopoly" and so forth. Again, just a light sketch, people themselves have to come and do the things, like do some more elaborate studio dire type game, which I provide the sets for.

So here's a list of my 13 groups, which fluctuates among 1500-2000 people, with of course a certain number inactive. I clear them out every 21 days of non-paying people or unknown alts because most charge regular weekly fees. The two that don't, I don't clear out because people come back and complain that you've booted them, even if they paid a mere $5 or $10 membership fee.

Ravenglass Rentals - parent company and main group

Aztecha

Cub Water Club

Seven Wonders

La Montana Rosa

Pharos Properties

Pharos Rentals

Old Wagon Road

Free Tibet

SL Public Land Preserve

Memory Bazaar

Mainland Preservation Society

Virtual Green - VIP group 

I have a few others that aren't as active like Society for Virtual Architecture, WeatherReport, etc. and plan to do more with them but as I said, most efforts at making activities for others in SL are limited. Advertising is hard, finding like-minded is hard, and you have to not care at a very deep level if you fail or only have 2 people. I'm happy to have one or two people at some of my quests as I stumble through making their first iterations, and I slowly make them better, then they get many more. A key flaw is that sometimes I forget where I myself have hidden things lol. I do have the automated quest system that makes that problem go away.

What are your communities?

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 5

There is the East River Community. They run art events and collaborate to keep a train service running.

Technically Snug Harbor and Sailors Cove aren't mainland but Private estates connected to mainland under the CLPP,  but in the sense that mainland as a term is normally used .. to include places like Bellisseria when not being used specifically about a type of Covenant agreement, but about the connectedness of the regions, then they can be. Both Snug Harbor and Sailors Cove foster a sense of community with events... Sailors Cove normally run through Fisher Island Yacht Club structures, where Snug Harbor events are organised directly by those managing the estate.

Rainbow Sails Yacht Club is a collectively owned club with two marinas in the CLPP estates. We have annual elections of group officers and weekly events, we sponsor Pride. I have been elected Commodore the last few years. Other Yacht Clubs are privately owned but still have their marinas as public spaces, many run events which creates communities.

On Jeogeot especially you see biking clubs all along the roads.

When you talk about Dinkies as a Community you seem to be using a much broader definition than co-located residents\tenants that share an interest in their environment. If you include dinkies as a community then you can start thinking of GTFO as a community, Aircraft pilots, Sailors. Leeward Cruising Club and other cruising clubs encourage open use of peoples waterside parcels by using them as venues for events, you see the same regulars and get to know them and form a community. A community in that broadest sense doesn't even need land.

Mapping all of this would no doubt be an interesting and worthwhile venture, but the scope is potentially almost limitless.

Edited by Aethelwine

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

This thread hit a lot of the ones I know about: 

OK, thank you, I'm aware of that thread, and posted in it, but it sort of degenerated into an argument about "is Bellissaria Mainland or not" and "Mainland is terrible, and I, for one, choose Bellissaria" etc.

It mentions like...three communities. East River, Campbell Coast, this new rentals place I can't remember now...

...and Bay City.

I don't think of "Bay City" as a community because that would be like thinking of "Nautilus" as a community. It's an area with a build by Lindens which they wished to shape, which has multiple communities I guess. Maybe everyone there *does* think they are in one big community? OK, that's fine. Bay City is awfully expensive.

And I guess I'm convinced there is a lot more out there that isn't Linden-guided or hugely expensive and prohibitive to join because you simply can't afford the land.

So let me start exploring, then. So I'll start with nearby Alston, which is "landlocked waterfront" if you will on the far eastern side of Sansara. With the map broken, I kind of have to use 128/128/0 until it gets better.

There's a very long-established fishing game community here that precedes even 7Seas. I used to have my office here, and it really had a nice seaside village effect for some years. But there are a variety of problems here, including the fact that one person built a garbage dump as a kind of RP and "in your face" messaging system has basically prevented the land from being sold here that I sold to other parties years ago. A shame, that. Still, the fishers are still here having fun with contests and such.

There's also a very long-established "Knowledge Center" kind of place with enthusiasts of Linux and all that, not my thing at all, but I just report it for those interested. Not sure if it is really more than just one person or what's happening; at one point there were so many penguins running around this place walking freely into my tenants' homes that I had to ban their leader, who in turn banned me, etc. and that's how life is on the Mainland for years on end. But my story isn't your story. That's why I just want to report on what's out there.

So on my home sim I just came across a gaggle of what I guess I could call...car enthusiasts. Dozens of cars crashed at a sim seam, or as we are supposed to call them "a region crossing which is working just fabulously". Most appeared to be bots. I tried to get this one fellow who seemed "alive" and in "charge" to remove them or explain them but his brand of, shall we say, interaction in SL was to deny what I saw before my eyes and had screenshotted, to say here he was, this nice person, and I was being mean, and so on.

OK, a brief break while I got to "Happy Weekend $60 Shopping" to get a candle. So the vendor just doesn't work. I try and try. This young fellow appears and says to me, "Hi, cute little cat thing." OK, well, Dinkies get used to that sort of thing. His group title said "Army of Twinks" and really, I should have remembered what that meant from my years living in Greenwich Village, yikes. I thought at first it was some kind of cupcake thing because it talked about pink frosting and then whoops, he explained it. I said I must be triple his age. He said, what, you're 104? Etc. So, this wasn't going so well...

So now I'm at something called Caseficio in Cartmel, and it's an elaborate and interactive build, I think Italian, that is either RPing cheese-making or just likes to build architectural wonders. It's hard to know when you see a thing like that, which someone or a group of people have put enormous effort into, to make it real and functioning, whether it is a "community". So I tend to think someone who is 9 years old in SL and has 6 people in her group probably has something like a "community," but it's not really one looking for new members? 

So now I'm at Grizedale at a huge build with the letters "East River" -- so that must be the one mentioned in the other thread.

Next is a huge tract of land with a large group and a very large collection of Beryl Greenacre trees from 2007. Sometimes when I get a neighbour like that, I send them some free tree gifts and that kind of gets the ball rolling. But this seems like a friendly group.

So East River goes on for several sims, lots of great builds, and if you want builds that look like RL and are well done and an organized community, this looks like the place!

Various GTFOs which I which would, but let's not "go there".

Now, "Salem School" which is a "private boarding school for boys" with German language things. Nice landscaping and builds.

Next, in Brazos, a nicely-down Mainland island and something called "Lanville Woods,  Cove Marina & Residences" which a mixture of rentals and land for sale, or maybe that's unrelated. Nicely maintained.

Now, further south where I was, you have to be VERY devoted as a sailor because you meet a hard stop, no sailability. But by the time you're up here, you have an outlet to Mare Secundus, which didn't used to be a "thing" years ago, and now is.

Next is Pierce, on that old Linden bridge, which I think could use some sprucing up, near what has got to be the most purple house in SL.

I'll stop now, at something called Naomi's Community Car Club in Suisun, which does not appear to be related at all to that big pile-up I saw back in Ravenglass.

I'll see if anyone is interesting in discussing this topic, but I think if, within the space of like 25 or 30 sims, without even the map working, I can find little establishments trying to keep the Mainland nice, do various activities, that I think my quest to find "communities on the Mainland that aren't Bellissaria" will not be fruitless. I personally don't want to get involved in any of the things I've seen; I'm just glad they keep their sims neat and clear and not hard on the eye. But some will.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

There is the East River Community. They run art events and collaborate to keep a train service running.

Technically Snug Harbor and Sailors Cove aren't mainland but Private estates connected to mainland under the CLPP,  but in the sense that mainland as a term is normally used .. to include places like Bellisseria when not being used specifically about a type of Covenant agreement, but about the connectedness of the regions, then they can be. Both Snug Harbor and Sailors Cove foster a sense of community with events... Sailors Cove normally run through Fisher Island Yacht Club structures, where Snug Harbor events are organised directly by those managing the estate.

Rainbow Sails Yacht Club is a collectively owned club with two marinas in the CLPP estates. We have annual elections of group officers and weekly events, we sponsor Pride. I have been elected Commodore the last few years. Other Yacht Clubs are privately owned but still have their marinas as public spaces, many run events which creates communities.

On Jeogeot especially you see biking clubs all along the roads.

When you talk about Dinkies as a Community you seem to be using a much broader definition than co-located residents\tenants that share an interest in their environment. If you include dinkies as a community then you can start thinking of GTFO as a community, Aircraft pilots, Sailors. Leeward Cruising Club and other cruising clubs encourage open use of peoples waterside parcels by using them as venues for events, you see the same regulars and get to know them and form a community. A community in that broadest sense doesn't even need land.

Mapping all of this would no doubt be an interesting and worthwhile venture, but the scope is potentially almost limitless.

I'm glad the East River Community exists. Every time someone asks if there is life on the Mainland, this group is mentioned, and they hold up the standard well, from all appearances. 

So you've mentioned some sailing communities and that's also what not only gets mentioned as "community," is traditionally an area that has long had loving Linden attention and also a hugely high priced land market. And while it's true that you "don't need land to have fun" and "you can have a community without land," well, usually there *is* somebody somewhere providing that land for your fun and that land for your community even if it's only "The Lindens" at "the sandboxes".

I think of GTFO as a community because it is a game you join and buy various scripted gadgets for and a lot of the builds look alike. But if you want to imagine it as having rich diversity and many communities within this one broad "product," sure, you can do that.

Dinkies are similar in the sense that there is this one product, the Dinkie avatar, which then spawned dozens of related ventures, mainly making clothes but also various vehicles, furniture etc. I'm a weekend Dinkie, as it were, and even I have made Dinkie stuff and bought it. I think of them as kind of one big thing with a certain shared culture that I don't wish to replicate in my very shallow and remote end of Dinkieland, so to speak, but sure, you could concede that it's "a broader definition". So that maybe there are two or three big communities under the Dinkie chapeau, just as Patch said (if I understood it correctly) there were "two big groups in Bellissaria" that were different, but in Bellissaria. I'm really not in them, just as like with the Dinkies, I never say "purkle".  I think probably some Dinkies aspire to, shall we say, "cultural conformity" but don't achieve it. Maybe an expert Dinkie can explain. I had a customer the other day dressed as a Dinkie, and I mentioned something about events in Mieville, and she said, "What is Mieville?" To me, that's like one of the hearts of Dinkie-land, because I always see a fair number of them there, and people selling things for Dinkies and such but I think a lot of things in SL get away from their original creators...

I don't think you *can* map it. That is, I know in my lifetime I couldn't even I were to become obsessed. It's more about discovering what you discover along the way of maybe trying to do it, now and then.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 1

There is a Bay City community, with an active open-to-join group (Bay City Alliance) that holds public meetings every week, along with a separate group for those who are interested in role play. Yes, the land there is expensive, but there are plenty of rentals if one does not want to buy.  More importantly, one does not have to live in Bay City to be part of the Bay City Alliance or to take part in community events such as the weekly Rumble, or to make friends and be part of the community there. 

Some of us have had homes and/or "businesses" there for many years, and have been friends for that long as well. The fact that Moles built some of the attractions there don't disqualify it from being considered a community.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

There is a Bay City community, with an active open-to-join group (Bay City Alliance) that holds public meetings every week, along with a separate group for those who are interested in role play. Yes, the land there is expensive, but there are plenty of rentals if one does not want to buy.  More importantly, one does not have to live in Bay City to be part of the Bay City Alliance or to take part in community events such as the weekly Rumble, or to make friends and be part of the community there. 

Some of us have had homes and/or "businesses" there for many years, and have been friends for that long as well. The fact that Moles built some of the attractions there don't disqualify it from being considered a community.

It's funny how the people who get ahold of this fantastically expensive land and never sell any of it, or if they do, sell it for a fantastically high price, and then forever after provide rentals, are never scorned as greedy, scummy, no-show landlords and land barons in SL but are conceived of as "community builders". Funny, that!

Why is "business" in scare quotes?

Why do you feel defensive about Mole builds, as if "even if" an area has their work it could be "disqualified" as a community? The very ground we walk on, the very pixelated air we don't breathe as avatars, and the sky over our heads where the moon can fall down with a big PLOP really fast sometimes -- this is all built by Lindens/Moles, just as "the Earth we live on" was created by what a young fellow I once met in TSO once called "RL God". So if "Mole-built" disqualifies something as "community," then all of SL is disqualified.

To be sure, some Mole-built areas are more equal than others.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 1

"It's funny how the people who get ahold of this fantastically expensive land and never sell any of it, or if they do, sell it for a fantastically high price, and then forever after provide rentals, are never scorned as greedy, scummy, no-show landlords and land barons in SL but are conceived of as "community builders". Funny, that! "

We have the land and rarely sell it because we use it.  Next stupid question?  Bay City is unique in that because just having land there requires an actual monetary outlay. It means that people there have an investment that they want to use and a desire to see the community prosper.  Oh, and there is the little matter that we actually enjoy each other's company.  The beauty of Bay City is that we have taken what the moles provided and actually did something with it on our own, without any rulers from on high, be they estate owners or Lindens instructing us on how to do it.  It works a lot better that way.

• Like 2

On 3/14/2021 at 10:47 PM, ArgontheDevil Ormega said:

"It's funny how the people who get ahold of this fantastically expensive land and never sell any of it, or if they do, sell it for a fantastically high price, and then forever after provide rentals, are never scorned as greedy, scummy, no-show landlords and land barons in SL but are conceived of as "community builders". Funny, that! "

We have the land and rarely sell it because we use it.  Next stupid question?  Bay City is unique in that because just having land there requires an actual monetary outlay. It means that people there have an investment that they want to use and a desire to see the community prosper.  Oh, and there is the little matter that we actually enjoy each other's company.  The beauty of Bay City is that we have taken what the moles provided and actually did something with it on our own, without any rulers from on high, be they estate owners or Lindens instructing us on how to do it.  It works a lot better that way.

Yeah, I'm that way with land I bought, too.

What I'm saying is that some land barons are viewed as evil and greedy, and others who also buy and sometimes sell expensive land are not. Location is everything, I guess.

The act of buying land and selling it for whatever price you can get is not evil, in my view, and I've been one of the big defenders of land barons since the very beginning, while many forums-dwellers loathe them and incite hatred against them -- except for certain parties. So I point out once again that buying land for a lot of money, and selling it for a lot of money, or putting it at a huge price and putting a RENT sign in the sky -- that's not evil, anywhere, and not blessed merely because it is in the right, tony neighbourhood. (I personally abhor the practice, especially common in sailing areas, of putting RENT in the sky on hugely-priced land, as I think it's an abuse of the map and the tools for the map. But it's not illegal and the Lindens don't seem to care. I personally don't feel I need to put giant signs defacing the sky to promote my rentals.) The land business is not "inherently evil" and only becomes sanctified in "some areas". It's the life blood of SL. The land business enables people who are not programmers or graphic designers and do not wish to work as sales clerks and call girls to participate in the economy in a meaningful and creative way. That's vital; without it, SL would be a far more stratified and polarized Ren Faire than it is.

I know people all over the Mainland who take pride in their land and even their little community you may have never heard of, and don't spend fantastic sums, and aren't in Bay City and make the Mainland a better place for all.

I'm glad you enjoy each other's company, and what I think is possible is that not everyone enjoys you enjoying each other's company, you know? Because they don't/can't fit in.

As for " The beauty of Bay City is that we have taken what the moles provided and actually did something with it on our own, without any rulers from on high, be they estate owners or Lindens instructing us on how to do it.  It works a lot better that way."

I hope you don't think this is only possible in Bay City, and only because the Moles built it, and only because you're special. There are communities all over SL, on islands, on Mainland, and they don't take instructions from Lindens or estate owners, and in one sense, all of SL is "built by the Moles" (or Lindens who preceded the institution of Moles), some built more equal than others.

But thanks for reminding me what Bay City is all about : )

Again, why is "business" in scare quotes? 

And again, why do you fear if the Moles built a certain area that you have to struggle to prove to me that this "really is" community?

Can you accept that there are forms of communities that exist and thrive about which you may not know, which are not anything you like or care about, and which do not need yours or anyone's approval? I think that's a basic premise of SL.

It may be that the Lindens and Moles, or some of them, have come to see their best handiwork, so to speak, Bellissaria and Linden Homes, as the commuuuuunity. But they should think of all their customers, everywhere, in any form, premium or not, island, Mainland or Linden Home, as the community, broadly speaking, and accept and even encourage the fact that it is diverse.

BTW, I need to @Sylvia Tamalyn once again as when she has made this point in other threads I haven't bothered to answer it -- it's a common refrain. No, Linden Homes are not a competition to my business. How could they be? I offer many parcels or apartments or skyboxes smaller than Linden Homes, or land without any homes on them. Most of my offerings aren't "a 1024 parcel with a house on it that cannot be changed". I do have some of those arrangements, but I find most people either want a small set-up from you, like a skybox or a room in a hotel or bed & breakfast, or they want empty land for their own home and landscaping, or a sky platform. That's the market. Maybe at some point there will be more customers on Linden Homes than are -- in numbers and square meters -- on private islands, but I doubt it -- after all, islands are the Linden's best-selling and most lucrative product, not $11.99 a month but $229 a month! Perhaps the Lindens aspire, or have reached some margin over 100,000 premiums where they now can say, oh, we have the largest Mainland rentals business (because they are Mainland, since they are reachable from Ahern, even if "a very special kind of Mainland"). But even if they reached that point, there would still be a role for residents for other offerings.

Seventeen years ago, I remember very distinctly that Ben Linden and some other Lindens had to say very emphatically, in writing, in their own special Linden posts, the re-renting their land was not only legal, it was encouraged. I have often told the story of my first day back in SL after my first account failed for lack of graphics capability -- a townhall in which Philip Linden specifically encouraged land selling and buying and rentals -- he talked about "Buzz" the real estate dealer who would fly in a helicopter to the welcome areas and take newbies in tours. And that was at a time when the Lindens had a system whereby any newbie could buy 512 for $512 out of the enormous number of postage-stamp like sheets of such parcels on numerous sims.

If it some how developed that Linden Homes took over all of SL, or 90% of it, and everything else was heavily discouraged our outlawed, I would likely complain that they were ruining their own economy, but at that point I would likely find something else to do. I totally get that for some people, a culture in which Linden-created homes or Linden-created villages like Bay City should be the norm, the gold standard, and the people who like that look and that culture should dominate the society of SL. I think for some Lindens that aesthetic lives. But I actually don't think the practicality of their offering and their actual practices mean these organized forms or "Linden-Assisted Living" as one friend of mine calls it are the only option or the best option. They are certainly happy to take dollars from many other kinds of people.

I find that my customers who have Linden Homes either don't stay in them for long, and come back to my rentals where they have more freedom, or they have Linden Homes AND my rentals -- and rentals from other companies as well. I realize that it's hard to conceive of a critic who criticizes not because his toes are stepped on, as that's the way many things work in SL, the fierce belief in selfish self-interest as the ruling norm. 

ANY premium account, even if it is a premium account where the person doesn't rent from me or doesn't use their 1024 in my group is all to the good in general for the economy and that means it's good for me or any other person in business. It's a rising tide that floats all boats. I have always seen the increase in premium accounts as the best thing for SL, it brings stability and interest not just in homeless sandboxing or wealthy and isolated island life but the "middle class," if you will, the people with a personal stake in small plots of land. That is always good for any country.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.