youtube

Zopper

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wanna open an youtube for my secondlife

i wanna do fun content pranks/funny videos, what would be considered, not appropriate content that might get you banned of sl?

cause when it comes for youtube as an platform it has its own rules verses SL any mods that can give me appropriate information or where i can read that 

for example this is the stuff that gets views on imvu. verging over 50k views. and i wanna do similar content, only good answers thankyou! this is all for fun purposes.

[Moderator Edit: Video with Inappropriate Content Removed]

• Confused 2

On 3/13/2021 at 12:44 PM, Zopper said:

i wanna do fun content pranks/funny videos, what would be considered, not appropriate content that might get you banned of sl?

cause when it comes for youtube as an platform it has its own rules verses SL any mods that can give me appropriate information or where i can read that 

for example this is the stuff that gets views on imvu. verging over 50k views. and i wanna do similar content, only good answers thankyou! this is all for fun purposes.

Whatever you do, do not come near me or contact me.

Edited by Dakota Linden
  • Like 6

In addition to what Bree has linked to above, you should check out the special policies regarding snapshots and machinima:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Snapshot_and_machinima_policy

But why would you want to post something that makes you sound like an utter drooling idiot with the vocabulary of a 10 year old and the mindset of an early pubescent?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Zopper said:
21 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Whatever you do, do not come near me or contact me.

what? lol i dont even know you but suit urself 

I'm pretty sure her statement was specifically because of this:

43 minutes ago, Zopper said:

i wanna do similar content

An Scylla said it best:

19 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

why would you want to post something that makes you sound like an utter drooling idiot with the vocabulary of a 10 year old and the mindset of an early pubescent?

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm pretty sure her statement was specifically because of this:

An Scylla said it best:

yea and cause its funny im tryina do funny content not that video but without violating anything its just a question

22 minutes ago, Zopper said:

what? lol i dont even know you but suit urself 

47 minutes ago, Zopper said:

23 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

something that makes you sound like an utter drooling idiot with the vocabulary of a 10 year old and the mindset of an early pubescent?

Leave me out of your "pranks". I want no part of them. Your idea of "prank" and "fun" doesn't sound like it's fun for everyone. I don't play mind games.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zopper said:

yea and cause its funny im tryina do funny content not that video but without violating anything its just a question

Yes, juvenile humor belongs in IMVU, not with the adults. I sent the link to my son who is 21 and he didn't even think it was funny.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Please do. go troll and and upset how many people you can find, then your account will be terminated and we all will have a classic case to teach newbies how to NOT play second life

Edited by Dakota Linden

I don't think content like that IMVU video will get you banned, it's quite tame. Have heard much worse in SL clubs, and by people who were being serious and not pranking, lol. 

But it was totally cringey to watch :/ 

ETA: Actually that video's sort of endearing how he thinks he's being really naughty and getting so excited about it xD

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@Zopper  You need to know this if you do any videos and publish them on YouTube. You should read the whole wiki page carefully and fully. Even the fine print.

(b) Avatar Consent for Machinima

For machinima, you must have the consent of all Residents whose avatars or Second Life names are featured or recognizable in the machinima. This includes avatars who are featured in a shot, avatars whose names are legible, and avatars whose appearance is sufficiently distinctive that they are recognizable by members of the Second Life community. Consent is not required if an avatar is not recognizable and is merely part of a crowd scene or shown in a fleeting background. Consent is not required for any snapshots.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Snapshot_and_machinima_policy

Now perhaps you understand why I said don't approach me. I do not consent to being in any part of your videos. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.