What is this coat? Help me identify it!

HSHPrincessofCarlisne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone; 

I was looking for my favourite dress in more colours and I came across this one in plaid:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/MYNX-Cowl-Neck-Tank-Dress-Brown-Plaid/7781264

However, I saw in the other image that it was paired with a gorgeous long coat and I was wondering what it is and where to find it!

I may be wrong, but as far as I could tell, MYNX didn't offer this coat in their store.

I already have the dress in many other variations - it seemed like the perfectly fitted coat to be able to pair with all of them!

If anybody can help me identify it, I would be most appreciative.

- Charlotte Sinclair

n_day_1257.jpg

Edited by LottaSinclair

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2021 at 1:25 AM, Drake1 Nightfire said:

i would drop a notecard to the creator...

Okay; I sent a notecard to the creator on two occasions only to find my IMs capped on several occasions. I'm not sure if I even received a message back from the creator but I think it was possible. I'm not sure what to do now, which is why I usually turn to the forums - Someone usually recognizes the item at some point or has a good knowledge of very helpful things to do if nobody does.

If anybody can help me out, I would be very grateful.

Thank you, blaireberry!

Those coats you mentioned are quite similar to the one in the original picture I posted and I spent a bit of time trying on the demos, but I have issues with clipping. Unless I wear it in black with a black dress, or find another very close color match, the clipping is very obvious. I've tried it with my most worn dresses and other favourite outfits, but it clips very noticeably in multiple points. I've tried wearing all the different set sizes for each of those two coats and in different colours, but I haven't found anything that fits without some clipping. I'm not sure Addams has any dresses or any other items that fit those coats other than the matching items shown above.

The reason why I'm resolved about finding that coat is because it seems to fit the dress I wear most often; albeit some variants by different creators. I don't know if it does actually fit or how they made it seem like it does in the photo, but if I can find it, there's a chance I can wear it with those dresses in that shape which I own, and perhaps other dresses and outfits too. 

Edited by LottaSinclair

8 hours ago, LottaSinclair said:

Thank you, blaireberry!

Those coats you mentioned are quite similar to the one in the original picture I posted and I spent a bit of time trying on the demos, but I have issues with clipping. Unless I wear it in black with a black dress, or find another very close color match, the clipping is very obvious. I've tried it with my most worn dresses and other favourite outfits, but it clips very noticeably in multiple points. I've tried wearing all the different set sizes for each of those two coats and in different colours, but I haven't found anything that fits without some clipping. I'm not sure Addams has any dresses or any other items that fit those coats other than the matching items shown above.

The reason why I'm resolved about finding that coat is because it seems to fit the dress I wear most often; albeit some variants by different creators. I don't know if it does actually fit or how they made it seem like it does in the photo, but if I can find it, there's a chance I can wear it with those dresses in that shape which I own, and perhaps other dresses and outfits too. 

I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for but what you will see is it comes in the older s,m,l,xl sizes which is probably what you'll need instead of mesh fit for specific bodies.  I believe the dress you show in the pic is the older sizing?  

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/RIGGED-MESH-and-FITMESH-Womens-Female-Long-Sleeve-Open-Front-Ruffled-Frock-Coat-Jacket-3-TEXTURES/5995759

11 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for but what you will see is it comes in the older s,m,l,xl sizes which is probably what you'll need instead of mesh fit for specific bodies.  I believe the dress you show in the pic is the older sizing?  

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/RIGGED-MESH-and-FITMESH-Womens-Female-Long-Sleeve-Open-Front-Ruffled-Frock-Coat-Jacket-3-TEXTURES/5995759

Yes, the dress does come in standard sizes as well as being fitted for specific bodies. Those coats I tried on also come in standard sizes and have versions for different bodies too. But they're not made to fit with each other, no matter if I wear a Large with a Large or Medium or Small, or I match Maitreya or a version made for another mesh body with Maitreya, or another mesh body like Belleza or Slink. The elusive coat in question just seems to fit my dress without any issues, which is why I'm looking for it. If I can find one that's very similar and it fits, of course I'll be happy to consider it. I'm thinking of getting that Addams coat in black only; at least then I'll be able to wear it with my dress in black without the clipping being too noticeable, but it's far from ideal. 

On 3/27/2021 at 8:02 PM, LottaSinclair said:

I sent a notecard to the creator on two occasions only to find my IMs capped on several occasions. I'm not sure if I even received a message back from the creator but I think it was possible.

I don't have anything about the coat, but you can set up your account so that you will get all of your IMs to email when you are offline.  So even if they get capped inworld, you'll still have the emails, so you'll always know if someone does try to contact you that way.

Go to you Dashboard -- https://secondlife.com/my -- and under Account select 'Change Email Settings'.  On that page, click the box for 'I would like to receive offline IMs via Email':

image.png.571b9e2af7e99d6be039d446df7b67d6.png

image.png.bf9ae054a23368fabce929ab24a5d000.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Quistessa said:

Offtopic, but I don't understand why some people still insist on notecard communication when this is possible.

Those IMs to email USUALLY make it but not always. If it is important, I usually send both.    I have had mine set up for IM to email for many years. I have missed some and found out later.  For example some ISPs will block emails if they believe they are spam. This happens at a level that we cannot whitelist.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 1

On 3/29/2021 at 10:27 PM, LottaSinclair said:

Yes, the dress does come in standard sizes as well as being fitted for specific bodies. Those coats I tried on also come in standard sizes and have versions for different bodies too. But they're not made to fit with each other, no matter if I wear a Large with a Large or Medium or Small, or I match Maitreya or a version made for another mesh body with Maitreya, or another mesh body like Belleza or Slink. The elusive coat in question just seems to fit my dress without any issues, which is why I'm looking for it. If I can find one that's very similar and it fits, of course I'll be happy to consider it. I'm thinking of getting that Addams coat in black only; at least then I'll be able to wear it with my dress in black without the clipping being too noticeable, but it's far from ideal. 

So I sent a note to the blogger.  She said it's probably this as she deleted most of her older posts

Second Life Marketplace - Addams // Janis Winter Coat // DEMO

But since that's already been tried, I guess it's not that.  She was sorry she couldn't be more help.

Edited by Rowan Amore

• 2 months later...
On 4/4/2021 at 3:15 AM, Rowan Amore said:

So I sent a note to the blogger.  She said it's probably this as she deleted most of her older posts

Second Life Marketplace - Addams // Janis Winter Coat // DEMO

But since that's already been tried, I guess it's not that.  She was sorry she couldn't be more help.

Thank you so much, Rowan Amore.

I was thinking of doing the same, but I was definitely looking for similar items in the very least. 

Oh, well... the search continues! ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.