For all who want to know the Truth behind the Scenes of Flickr!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am now almost four Years with Flickr, worked my Way hardly up to a better Bloggr and Secondlife Model and here comes some Truth, no one will ever tell you, what i get told!!!

1.)  The damn Flickr Team deactivates from all Free Acc Users, when they think, for them its too nasty, the Likes you give to others! WHY? i saw it everytime i liked my Followers, Photos i already liked two Times were UNLIKED AGAIN! And no, i check that always back two or three Times, so the LIKE IS ACTIVE!

2.)   On all your own Blogs, you all have, Flickr takes the Right and prohibits us to post our Thank You or TYSM Name of Person who liked your Art, a too often POSTING! WtH!

3.)  Their damn Team sets Photos you posted, even if they r SAFE, on RESTRICTED, i saw this by some of mine already dozend Times, if you set it back to SAFE, they take control for some Days over your Blog/Acc!

This are only three of the Troubles, behind the Scenes of their Website, many complained at me already, how inconsiderate FLICKR TEAM is behaving against Free Acc! What i personly think is a Mess!  👎👎👎👎👎

So i hope i could enlighten some of you and next Time you login there, think about that, Wish you all Likes on Earth, Friends!  👍👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Nikita Neuman said:

1.)  The damn Flickr Team

2.)   Flickr takes the Right and prohibits

3.)  Their damn Team

how inconsiderate FLICKR TEAM is behaving against Free Acc

So i hope i could enlighten some of you

you'r free, to take a account and in choice to post on it... to use their services or not ... if you don't like it... leave
As SL also. ... their system, their rules ( and some actions are always hidden in mist)

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Confused 1

1.)  The damn Flickr Team deactivates from all Free Acc Users, when they think, for them its too nasty, the Likes you give to others! WHY? i saw it everytime i liked my Followers, Photos i already liked two Times were UNLIKED AGAIN! And no, i check that always back two or three Times, so the LIKE IS ACTIVE!

I decided to check mine and have 27 pages of likes. As far as I can tell none of them were removed. However I do notice sometimes if I leave the homepage open on my computer and like something on the app on my phone that it won't visibly show on my computer and have to like it twice for it to show (since the first attempt was actually removing the like that was already there). 

2.)   On all your own Blogs, you all have, Flickr takes the Right and prohibits us to post our Thank You or TYSM Name of Person who liked your Art, a too often POSTING! WtH!

Sorry I just don't understand this.

3.)  Their damn Team sets Photos you posted, even if they r SAFE, on RESTRICTED, i saw this by some of mine already dozend Times, if you set it back to SAFE, they take control for some Days over your Blog/Acc!

It's possible someone reported your photo(s) and it's only temporarily restricted until they take a look.  Also, restricted is just a rating. It doesn't mean no one can see it. It just means people who have safesearch on (people who don't want to see nudity or sex acts) won't see it. It could also be dependent on where you live as well as countries have varying degrees on what's considered moderate and what should be restricted.

Also, if you habitually do not mark restricted content as restricted I believe it will eventually automatically set all your photos to restricted.

From Flickr page:

Understanding Safety Levels

Moderate - Partial nudity, like bare breasts and bottoms. Restricted - full-frontal nudity and sexual acts; photos only–videos cannot contain restricted content and are deleted if reported.

Edited by Finite
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

you'r free, to take a account and in choice to post on it... to use their services or not ... if you don't like it... leave
As SL also. ... their system, their rules ( and some actions are always hidden in mist)

I am not all that happy  with Flickr since the sale but I agree. WE OPT IN.   It costs us nothing if we choose the free version so in my mind we have nothing to complain about other than our choices.   What WE feel is safe is not necessarily what they consider safe. In the olden days on Flickr the rule that they told you (and was told to me by support as well as written on their info pages) is SAFE had to be something you would want your grandmother to see. Well MY grandmother was a WILD CHILD and there wouldn't be much she wasn't happy to see. So that was a stupid rule.   Now days if there is any amount of "hip" or  derrière  showing  or side boob etc. it gets flagged as Moderate or they will likely take it down. Again -- their platform, their rules. We each agreed when we signed up. And we CAN leave.

I no longer link to my Flickr photos for my blog. I stopped that after the sale when rules changed. So I don't post all that often these days, mostly only for the folks that I blog for so they get the photos in their groups.   We are stuck with Flickr if we blog in SL.  We don't have to like it and we don't have to use it often. Our choice. 

14 hours ago, Finite said:

It's possible someone reported your photo(s) and it's only temporarily restricted until they take a look.  Also, restricted is just a rating. It doesn't mean no one can see it. It just means people who have safesearch on (people who don't want to see nudity or sex acts) won't see it. It could also be dependent on where you live as well as countries have varying degrees on what's considered moderate and what should be restricted.

Also, if you habitually do not mark restricted content as restricted I believe it will eventually automatically set all your photos to restricted.

This is accurate. When I started on flickr, my account was full of smut, because this was my smut, smut, freak alt account. Eventually, they auto flagged all my stuff as restricted and this was before it was under new management. Eventually, as I started using this account more and for more things, I had to manually set all of my pictures to the right setting and ask them pretty please to have that kind of control over my account again. They gave it to me, but apparently, once they put you in the smut box, you ain't never coming out. Like here, someone also probably got it flagged, because I've seen a lot of stuff that should be restricted that just isn't. So I think it has to be brought to their attention.

About a month ago, I did a nude and it was auto flagged. I thought it was a tasteful nude, but the speed in which it was set to restricted leads me to believe its a setting and an algorithm. I was able to change it to moderate, which was fair, but it basically went straight to restricted as soon as I uploaded it.

Now that they are under new management, they seem to be tightening up even more again. If your picture is a nude or sexual, you should set it to restricted or moderate when you upload it, just to be sure because they seem to be cracking down.

• Like 2

I've only had this one hit by the bot..

I'm thinking it may have thought my tan lines were nipples or something..  hehehehe

I have ones that  seem like they are worse than this one, so I don't understand how that bot works things out...

I guess from now on I'll put my pics at a different rating or something..

This one still links, which that's really the only reason I use flickr for anyways..  I don't use it for likes or advertising or anything.. As long as i can still link them or download them, that's all I'm worried about.

50768782427_28463928f3_b.jpg

• Like 2

Yea Ceka, so what is on that Photo you show here sooooo bad? My Photo i was wearing a Bellytop, Breasts covered total, and those Crazys set it to restricted.

Don´t be mad with me Guys, but, lets leave out the Virtual, when we all look in Reality, we walk on Streets, or somewhere else like in Lingerie Shops Real, so i have to admit, we have Advertising Walls with nude Breasts on it or even naked People for some silly Product and does Police or some Moral Authority care about that, worse, in Austria we have no Moral Authority or Moral Police Force! How often i was in Cinema Real, before 3 Years i watched the first Time in our City Cinema the last Terminator, guess what was the Preview for a Movie to be coming? A Soft Por..... Movie and in the Cinema were Kiddos and nobody cared a damn Thing about that!!!

The same i know Website, i don´t visit them yea! Websites where Girls at Age of 16 striptease in front of their Webcam or even mastu......ing, i´d say, thats a bit more to worry about, instead of a sexy Virtual Girl, that only is of 3D Mesh!

Edited by Nikita Neuman

16 minutes ago, Nikita Neuman said:

Yea Ceka, so what is on that Photo you show here sooooo bad? My Photo i was wearing a Bellytop, Breasts covered total, and those Crazys set it to restricted.

Don´t be mad with me Guys, but, lets leave out the Virtual, when we all look in Reality, we walk on Streets, or somewhere else like in Lingerie Shops Real, so i have to admit, we have Advertising Walls with nude Breasts on it or even naked People for some silly Product and does Police or some Moral Authority care about that, worse, in Austria we have no Moral Authority or Moral Police Force! How often i was in Cinema Real, before 3 Years i watched the first Time in our City Cinema the last Terminator, guess what was the Preview for a Movie to be coming? A Soft Por..... Movie and in the Cinema were Kiddos and nobody cared a damn Thing about that!!!

The same i know Website, i don´t visit them yea! Websites where Girls at Age of 16 striptease in front of their Webcam or even mastu......ing, i´d say, thats a bit more to worry about, instead of a sexy Virtual Girl, that only is of 3D Mesh!

what i, we, you think or see in our daily life doesn't matter, it's théir service and they cán do what they want. Even if they require pink sunglasses on every pic.... if you post one with green ones, you'r pic has the risk to be banned. Complaining "hey there were sunglasses on that pic" doesn't justify your posting.

If you hate it so much as you show here... let it go and leave. But if you are bound to it to use... follow their terms or be annoyed a lot more for everytime there is something happening to your pics.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Nikita Neuman said:

Flickr isn't just a Secondlife platform. A lot of people use it for other things. Real world photographers use it to share and store their photos for instance. $6.99/mo is worth the unlimited storage of files. I've lost plenty of originals over the years lol.  People browsing who are not familiar with Secondlife probably would not appreciate or even understand a lot our postings. So I think it's fair to have the ability to turn off the things you don't want to see. And with varying levels of what is considered "moral" across the globe, only a blanket ToS would work which means they have to be on the more stricter side.

I'm just happy we have a platform like this to post on. Some platforms don't allow Secondlife. I think Twitch even bans streamers from streaming it. Unless they changed that.

• Like 3

I don't think anything is wrong with it, but they must.. So since it happened not too long ago, I'll probably just upload to the next rating up from whatever got this one restricted..

That's about all I can do really..

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I've only had this one hit by the bot..

I'm thinking it may have thought my tan lines were nipples or something..  hehehehe

I have ones that  seem like they are worse than this one, so I don't understand how that bot works things out...

I guess from now on I'll put my pics at a different rating or something..

This one still links, which that's really the only reason I use flickr for anyways..  I don't use it for likes or advertising or anything.. As long as i can still link them or download them, that's all I'm worried about.

50768782427_28463928f3_b.jpg

If you see the shape of your cleavage and that some of the (heart shaped ?) nipple is hanging out. 

So I think the bot just see it and " look a %//!%+++!%/ "(very dirty minded bot). And flagged your pic. 

Edited by Zzevir

5 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I don't think anything is wrong with it, but they must.. So since it happened not too long ago, I'll probably just upload to the next rating up from whatever got this one restricted..

If you look a bit closely you can see what appears to be a very faint aureole where one would normally appear on the left* breast. It's not quite fully covered so that is probably why it was flagged. You do have to look for it though. I see it and my eyesight is not good.

*Her left. 

No, no. The other left. If you are facing the same direction she is it's your left. 😊

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1

Sign up with an adult webhoster and build your own website. Then you can upload a million of pictures under your own rules. It's not even expensive. Though it requires some knowledge.  As for the described "likes" issues. Are "likes" on Flickr something worth at all?  Aren't they just collectibles mostly given without regard to the picture?

Edited by Doc Carling

Set default upload to moderate and only switch if it's actually an adult picture.  I honestly don't see what the big deal is with anything the OP listed.

Almost any website you use that has a free or members option is going to have restrictions on a free account.  SL has them as well.  I use an online photo editor.  Free users are limited to what tools they can use and how many pics they can store.  Gyazo has a limit on video time and picture storage for non members.  If they gave everyone everything for free, what would be the incentive to upgrade?

• Like 1

If it’s someone manually reviewing pics, like in the case of adding your pic to a group, someone can get it wrong. It’s very easy to take a quick glance and hit deny or throw it in the restricted category.

If it’s somehow a bot or an algorithm that’s doing it, it can also get it wrong because it was programmed by a person.

I think it’s just important to remember they do have posting rules. Even if the way they enforce them are arbitrary, you should follow them to avoid headaches.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Karly Kiyori said:

I had one safe pic (this one) switched to Restricted immediately on upload. My best guess is it thought my knees were a bum. Anyway I changed it back to Safe and it stayed that way, so I guess a human must have taken a look at it.

51017042998_565a6a9bb5_b.jpg

No it is your arm and elbow. Something like this.

facebook_660_070213023653.jpg

This is her elbows not boobs before I get banned. 

• Haha 6

On 3/14/2021 at 4:15 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

I've been posting in flickr on and off since 2012.  I've never had one issue with how I rate my photos.  I try my best to follow their rules.  When I'm not sure which safety level to post it at, I choose a more stricter level.   

One thing that I do, when I am looking through new posts taken by people I am following and see a very sexual post, I check to see which safety rating they have posted it at.  Sometimes people forget to change the safety level.  If the photo is posted as 'safe', I then send them a friendly message just telling them that I've had friends banned for not choosing the correct safety level and that they might want to chose another level.   I always get a message back thanking me for letting them know.  It's often a simple case of forgetting.  

From another current thread which touched on this because a forum poster couldn't paste in from Flickr.  It appears that there is NOW a visual computer AI that looks at all the photos (not sure if it is just free accounts or not -- seems odd it would be JUST free accounts) and "guesses" if things are tagged correctly.    That part does seem to be new.  And yes, when in doubt choose the more strict designation.  OR take the photo in a way that doesn't show anything.  Not that hard usually :D.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

From another current thread which touched on this because a forum poster couldn't paste in from Flickr.  It appears that there is NOW a visual computer AI that looks at all the photos (not sure if it is just free accounts or not -- seems odd it would be JUST free accounts) and "guesses" if things are tagged correctly.    That part does seem to be new. 

Good to know! Thanks!

I stand by my comment about it being their platform and we are not paying for it --- BUT I can confirm that "likes" are being removed. Last night I had 40 on this photo and today I have 31.    So the OP seems to have the story correctly. Again I am a free account and not sure if this is happening on PRO accounts.  I am not a fan of Smugmug (hope I got that correct) and only post on Flickr when "needed" these days. 

days end

EDIT: Posting this here as I am pretty big on "injustice" :D and this comment certainly MAY disappear.

image.png.fda8c75d8eeab043d1180ffc1ef71cac.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I stand by my comment about it being their platform and we are not paying for it --- BUT I can confirm that "likes" are being removed. Last night I had 40 on this photo and today I have 31.    So the OP seems to have the story correctly. Again I am a free account and not sure if this is happening on PRO accounts.  I am not a fan of Smugmug (hope I got that correct) and only post on Flickr when "needed" these days. 

days end

EDIT: Posting this here as I am pretty big on "injustice" :D and this comment certainly MAY disappear.

image.png.fda8c75d8eeab043d1180ffc1ef71cac.png

Could have been flagged like bots. They go around liking and following people so that you might click and view them. I’ve only seen it once but I’m guessing if you are more popular you probably get more.

On 3/14/2021 at 9:02 AM, Doc Carling said:

Are "likes" on Flickr something worth at all? 

Likes on FLICKR can be worth something to bloggers.  For certain bloggers there may be requirements to have a certain number of LIKES before one is accepted.   I don't blog so bloggers would have to clarify how that works.  

Edited by JanuarySwan

On 3/14/2021 at 12:02 PM, Doc Carling said:Are "likes" on Flickr something worth at all?  Aren't they just collectibles mostly given without regard to the picture?

I don’t know if they have any value or anything but I certainly appreciate them. It’s like a pat on the back or a “good job”. I only get like 10% likes compared to views. Others are probably much higher than that. It might not be a totally accurate way of getting a feel for how others view your work but it’s something you could use as encouragement to work harder on the next one.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.