Frustrated.

djdunn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm frustrated with Linden right now.  They email me saying there was suspicious activity on my account was locked and I had to reset my password.  They send another email saying there was suspicious activity and "Additionally, we wanted to make you aware that we are in the process of refunding you for the unauthorized transactions that occurred."

ok so I changed my password and logged in and yeah like 26000L$ got spent.  So I send a ticket in, and they are all like we unfortunately can't refund your l$.  I was like yo but you emailed me saying you were going to do just that.  And they responded saying well there has been no transactions since 2019. I'm like yo what about this one in February for over 26000L$ and they stopped responding to the ticket.

I'm just frustrated, I feel like quitting, Linden Labs lies to me I don't feel like a valued customer.  I just don't have any more fight in me.

6 answers to this question

And your question is ....  ?

We're all SL residents, just like you.  We can't peek into your account to see what's there or how many transactions you have made. And we don't have any way to tell what the Governance Team may have been investigating when they found suspicious activity. There's not much that anyone here can do except advise you to call the billing office if you have a specific question about your account.  The LL billing team is available from 6am to 2pm PST, Monday through Friday. Call toll-free in the US/Canada: 800-294-1067 or 703-286-6277

• Like 2

On 3/12/2021 at 6:57 PM, djdunn said:

They email me saying there was suspicious activity on my account was locked and I had to reset my password.  They send another email saying there was suspicious activity and "Additionally, we wanted to make you aware that we are in the process of refunding you for the unauthorized transactions that occurred."

So out of no where you received this email supposedly from LL?  Sounds more.like a phishing email me.  Did you send a support ticket first and then received that email or did that email come first?

I received the email first after the unauthorized transaction. Actually two emails saying my account was compromised then I went to the website, did not follow any links from email, changed my password saw the missing L$ waited a few days, sent a ticket in, they told me they couldn't refund an unauthorized transaction because no transaction existed.  I said yes it exists here's the order number. And no response yet still a week later.

I open another ticket, and they tell me basically that it's the wrong kind of transaction and they can't reverse it.  That they will only reverse transactions "for L$" not "with L$".

11 minutes ago, djdunn said:

I received the email first after the unauthorized transaction. Actually two emails saying my account was compromised then I went to the website, did not follow any links from email, changed my password saw the missing L$ waited a few days, sent a ticket in, they told me they couldn't refund an unauthorized transaction because no transaction existed.  I said yes it exists here's the order number. And no response yet still a week later.

I open another ticket, and they tell me basically that it's the wrong kind of transaction and they can't reverse it.  That they will only reverse transactions "for L$" not "with L$".

So the transaction history shows where the Ls were spent and when.  That would be a resident to resident transaction and not something LL gets involved in.  If it had been an unauthorized use of your payment account (PayPal, skrill, cc) then I imagine LL could investigate. Not sure I've ever heard of them sending such an email unless you've sent a support ticket first.  However, since the later is not the case, the email itself seems odd.  I don't think that email actually came from LL since they would not refund Ls from a resident to resident transaction.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.