Can you use a cash app card to buy lindens?

Tixnna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi guys, sorry if this question is stupid. I still am quite new to SL so I'm trying to learn more about it to see if there are any other ways to purchase lindens. As most of you know, cashapp gives you a free card when you download the app. I was wondering if I could purchase lindens using that card or not. 

Thanks for the help! 

-Tia

1 answer to this question

Almost certainly not. This question is asked, on average, about 6 times a month and the answer is always the same.  As Linden Lab is careful to say in the Knowledge Base:

"A common cause of payment method failure is the use of unsupported card types. At this time, the majority of prepaid cards are not compatible with our system, even if they bear the VISA/AMEX/Mastercard logo. This includes cards purchased at retail stores, rechargeable credit cards, and bank-issued check cards."

Occasionally, some SL residents have luck with some prepaid cards. but they are the exception.  Instead of taking a chance with a card that almost certainly will not work, I strongly recommend using either an approved credit card or a PayPal or Skrill account.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.