Sign in to follow this  
Zephyrusx

question about slaves

Zephyrusx wrote:

I have seen a few Mistresses/Masters talk about a runnaway slave list can anyone tell me about that?

I haven't heard of any such list, but then again, I don't travel in the same circles perhaps.

My advice to you would be to choose your Mistress/Master very carefully indeed, so that you will never have the urge to run away. Before you make your decision, perhaps you need to join a lot of groups, and explore this particular aspect of Second Life.

Although I fear my advice might be a little too late, as you are only 5 days in Second Life, and already committed to a Mistress.

I've never heard of such a thing, and I've been knocking round in SL BDSM circles for 4 years, almost.      And during that time I've heard people say all manner of things, and some of them have even been true.

Possibly some RP sims maintain such a list -- I can imagine a Gor city, for example, using it as part of their role play -- but I'm sure there's no such general list and I'm sure I'd have heard of it by now if there were.

Hello Zephyrusx. What exactly you want to know? With simple words, there are slaves who feel an irrepressible desire for "freedom", to leave and to stop any relationship with their masters or mistresses for many reasons. The term is used not only for bdsm but for every other form of slavery, such as slavery as we knew in the past.

I've heard that some Gorean communities keep lists of people who make a commitment, get bored after a few days, and seek their luck elsewhere. Pretty pointless if you ask me, seeing that those subs-for-a-weekend can simply come back on a new account. People who are looking for committed subs / slaves, or for the thrill to really be at somebody's beck and call without the ability to simply remove their collar and detach their restraints, might be better off in Sociolotron.

PS: I've also heard that there are similar lists in RL. All your marriages and divorces are on record somewhere.

I've heard of a runaway list also, I've never been shown proof but I suspect that the list is for privileged eyes only.

Any such list was held by Blondin Linden and he left LL very recently.  I think he will take that list along with him.  No worries!  :smileyindifferent:

I have my own black list of slaves and subs who ran away from the firm but fair treatment of Mistress Carole. Ungrateful little rats! They better not come crawling on their knees begging me to take them back! There are no second chances in Caroledom!! Once you're out, you stay out! Think I can't get a replacement for your sorry subbiness just like that? *snaps fingers* Huh!!

PS Anyone who brings back one of my runaways will be rewarded with half an hour of Carole's special attentions. You can recognise a runaway of mine by the haunted, traumatised look in the face and the blank glaze of clinical shock around the eyes.

I'd rather have a list of the idiots who have this list. Perfect for filtering out people you don't want to touch with a bargepole.

Next, I think I'll create an rl list of everyone who ever broke up with a partner, so I can make sure I never date any of them either!

Zephyrusx wrote:

was just curious incase I found a Dom and had to leave I did not want ot be blocked from other Doms and things

In almost every case, a sub/slave leaving or running away from a Dom is the result of mistreatment or the "Dom" not having a clue about what they are doing.  I would completely disregard any such list if it were presented to me for that very reason.  Personally, I have a "Dom's to avoid" list that I sometimes pass out to subs who are looking for a Master. 

What most "Doms" dont understand is that the relationship between them and their subs is just that...a relationship.  A sub (especially if they run the RLV) give up everything to the Dom to be their sub.  It then becomes the Dom's job to make his/her subs SL life a happy and enriching one.  It isn't just about what the Dom wants.  Both people have to work to make the other happy.  If a Dom knows what they are doing, the relationship will be a great one!  If not...it is doomed from the start.  The sub can start to feel unwanted, bored, ignored and unhappy.  In short order...off they go.  And rightly so in MY book. 

If you decide to run the RLV, know that you will not be able to just take off a collar and go on your merry way if your collar is locked.  You will have to log in outside of the RLV to get it off and your Dom will get a warning message that you've done so.  Also, there is a device out now that detects whether or not you logged in with the RLV active and if it finds that the RLV isn't active, it logs you out instantly.  This effectively forces you to log in with the RLV active.  You won't have time to detach anything before it logs you out.  Be aware of this fact.

One last thing for you, personally, Zephyr;  You do not pick your Dom/Master.  He/She will pick YOU.  Make yourself known to him or her, let them know you are looking for a Master.  After that, it is the waiting game.  Answer their questions if they ask any of you, but don't pressure them to give you a collar.  Also...stay away from Gor. 

I wish you luck!  :smileyhappy:

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

Also, there is a device out now that detects whether or not you logged in with the RLV active and if it finds that the RLV isn't active, it logs you out instantly.  This effectively forces you to log in with the RLV active.  You won't have time to detach anything before it logs you out.  Be aware of this fact.

I can't see how it would work.   There's no way with LSL to log yourself out, and the only way this device would be able to know if you were running RLV or not would be to call @version when you rez and wait for a reply.  What does it do after it gets tired of waiting?

It would be ineffective anyway,  to my mind, since it would have to wait at least 30 seconds for a reply, and more like a minute or so to be safe, given that people's connection speeds vary, before it could reach any sort of informed decision about whether you're using RLV or not.   Anyone who uses an RLV collar knows that their collar will quite frequently complain they're not using RLV when they most certainly are -- that's inherent in RLV.   As the API explains

"Warning : when logging in, the on_rez event of all the attachments occurs way before the avatar can actually send chat messages (about half the way through the login progress bar). This means the timeout should be long enough, like 30 seconds to one minute in order to receive the automatic reply from the viewer."

Which means that any such device would have to allow sufficient time for you to detach it, if it wasn't going to be logging you out for no reason half the time anyway.   And, as I said, how it could possibly log you out from an unmodified viewer is a bit of a mystery -- what does it do?  Use some sort of crash exploit?

What are these gadgets called and where can I buy one to experiment with?

Set your boundaries and keep them. Threats of putting you on some 'list' if you refuse to give up personal information, for instance, should set  your alarms ringing. Listen to your intuition about anyone you meet. If someone offers you a freebie collar within five minutes run the other way.

Set your boundaries and keep them.

I am with you.

If two parties wanted to play master and slave based on mutual consent, that's cool and all, assuming they are playing it for fun. Now one party want out, the other one is then maintaining a runaway list, that shows me deep down such person really want to be manipulative of others, and truly believe in treating others less than equal.

Well at least one get to ignore them lol

@ Marcus.  Very interesting and rather boggling to me, as one on the outside of the 'lifestye'.   I agree that a list of bad doms would be the more appropriate thing to have, for obvious reasons.   A list of slaves on the other hand seems like just a rather unpleasant form of control, and tantamount to a threat. 

I think a "run away slaves" list adds a welcome bit  of authenticity to the role play.  For that's exactly how it went.  Slaves were property and were expected to be returned to their owner.  This is no less grotesque then the slave auctionblock or pony show in SL, so I don't see where the objection would be for those participating.

Now of course not all of the DS/BD/SM scene is into formalized slavery, in the historical sense, but it seems like some folks, such as the Goreans, are, and I would expect such a list to exist.

I think such a list is pointless unless it's for the Mistress/Master involved. There may be some tight knit communities but I wouldn't say they are quite that tight that they would share a list of slaves that they felt were displeasing. I will say that there may be something like that in the case of auctions or Gor - it would make since especially in the idea of auctions so that they can avoid any legal problems.

I would suggest really taking your time to find the right Dominant because it is a serious commitment. Unless you are looking for just a shot period or short timed commitment then I would suggest discussing that with any potential dominant before submitting to their collar. This really clears up a lot of confusion and there wouldn't be any grudges held by the other party. But as I said, I think such lists as "Runaway Slaves" is just pointless unless it's created for personal reasons or business related reasons.

One last thing for you, personally, Zephyr;  You do not pick your Dom/Master.  He/She will pick YOU.  Make yourself known to him or her, let them know you are looking for a Master.  After that, it is the waiting game.  Answer their questions if they ask any of you, but don't pressure them to give you a collar.

This isn't necessarily true.  In fact, I know several doms who will not offer a collar.  The sub has to ask for it.  

Doms and subs generally "pick" each other.  If they have an ounce of sense they do this based on compatibility and genuine interest in each other.  This, after taking time to get to know each other.

My recent perspective is like what Samantha has said.

Unless a slave/sub shows sincerity (in addition to compatibility) to be "owned" by me, I will not freely give out collars.

I have encountered too many wannabees with excuses and/or disappearing acts, even after we get along.

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

One last thing for you, personally, Zephyr;  You do not pick your Dom/Master.  He/She will pick YOU.  Make yourself known to him or her, let them know you are looking for a Master.  After that, it is the waiting game.  Answer their questions if they ask any of you, but don't pressure them to give you a collar.  Also...stay away from Gor. 

This is a point on which I will disagree firmly Marcus. (Apologies for the semi-necro nature but .. it is what it is.)

Submission, by its very nature, is a gift given from the sub/slave to the Dom/me. No matter the power equation, no solid relationship begins with the recipient choosing to take a gift. When you say to someone "give me that most precious thing you have" .. that's taking or, at worst, theft. Anything obtained via that method never really belongs to the recipient because it was not given, it was stolen.

The sub/slave must always choose to whom they give their gift. Once given, a sub retains the right to take it back. (Ostensibly a slave forsakes that right, but in most cases they still retain the ability anyway.)

A Dom/me that "chooses" whom will be "Theirs" is nothing more than a bully with control issues. A Dom/me that gratefully accepts the gift of submission, recognizes it for its true value, treats it with the great respect it demands and works dilligently to forever deserve ownership of that gift .. will be rewarded by a sub/slave that values, respects and works just as hard to uphold their end of the relationship as well.

There isn't one. plain and simple... but there is karma and I have known it to bite people on their posterior. They do have Ex Masters/Mistresses and who knows how sadistic they are, and warning the new Mater/Mistress about the newly collared slave. Of course people don't tend to believe what others say about someone new and shiny to them...