First time you lost your heart in SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Short after I started in SL. She was a restless soul and a lady of many talents. An artist in SL and RL. We shared some personal informations, but kept our relationship in SL. It was a rather complicate and turbulent one. Because at the same she was deeply in love with another lady in SL. One day she left. But who knows perhaps she is around with an Alt. Well, where ever she is I hope she is ok and happy. 

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

My heart is safe and sound, I have on the other hand broken a few of them, never intentionally. The first was this poor guy who pretty quickly went from "Hi how are you" to "I can't do Second Life without you" and since I wasn't willing to be his one and only, he left Second Life entirely.

Edited by Talligurl
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Talligurl said:

My heart is safe and sound, I have on the other hand broken a few of them, never intentionally. The first was this poor guy who pretty quickly went from "Hi how are you" to "I can't do Second Life without you" and since I wasn't willing to be his one and only, he left Second Life entirely.

They say love makes that people lose their mind and control and lets them do things they normally would never do. You are convinced that can never happen to you?

7 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

They say love makes that people lose their mind and control and lets them do things they normally would never do. You are convinced that can never happen to you?

It has in RL, but if I thought it was happening in SL I would end it, for the sake of my RL love. You cannot be in love in SL without having a negative impact on your RL love. I will not tolerate that.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Talligurl said:

You cannot be in love in SL without having a negative impact on your RL love. 

Baloney.gif

I disagree.  Please speak for yourself and not the "royal we".

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I dont know.

May be..

Yes..😭😭😭

I was an ugly classic AV then.

(Im still an ugly mesh now).

And honestly,as i have a mouth that doesnt close easily,i had a lot of friends.

But,no one was special as her.❤😔

Coz she accepted me and was normal with me from the beginning.

I had returned to SL after 4 years and i was a classic AV

I was the most broke AV in SL i guess.

None even looked at 

But she,being a luxury lover herself,really really cared.❤😔

She was busy in RL,.

But it dint prevent her from making herself available whenever i was in game.

Yeah,we were friends.

But she was more to me.

I wanted her.

Here,there and everywhere.

😔

But,she is nowhere to be found these days coz of her studies in RL.😔

I miss you Boss Manci

7 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Baloney.gif

This is the internet, everything anyone says should be taken as a personal opinion so just chill. We do not need to preface everything with "In my opinion".

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Talligurl said:

This is the internet, everything anyone says should be taken as a personal opinion so just chill.

51g2na.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

On 3/11/2021 at 12:29 AM, Doc Carling said:

Short after I started in SL. She was a restless soul and a lady of many talents. An artist in SL and RL. We shared some personal informations, but kept our relationship in SL. It was a rather complicate and turbulent one. Because at the same she was deeply in love with another lady in SL. One day she left. But who knows perhaps she is around with an Alt. Well, where ever she is I hope she is ok and happy. 

I lost my heart very early in my Second Life, in December 2008.  He was my mentor, friend, and someone very special in Second Life who has never been truly replaced. He was - still probably is - quirky, funny, helpful, annoying, and I was loving, funny, hormonal and moody.  Never a lover of computing generally or even video games, I found Second Life incredibly difficult to learn, and if I hadn't met him, I would have left before the first fortnight was over.  We haven't spoken for the best part of 10 years, and probably never will.  But the memories he helped me to make in Second Life - good and bad ones - are saved for all times on disk and usb flash storage (which may seem old hat now but I don't trust the cloud). 

heart 1.jpg

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Please point to the part where I am not "chill".

20 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Baloney.gif

Edited by Talligurl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

First time I lost my heart in SL I went back to the woman and said, "Biznitch give me my heart back!", and then I snatched it away. lol Now I know exactly where it is. Lmao!!!!😎

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Baloney.gif

After having read this thread over I gotta say I actually have to agree with @Talligurl on this one. Sorry mate. To seriously think one wouldn't possibly impact the other eventually is just naive and a self delusion that ends in this theme song right here. lol😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Velk Kerang said:

After having read this thread over I gotta say I actually have to agree with @Talligurl on this one. Sorry mate. To seriously think one wouldn't possibly impact the other eventually is just naive and a self delusion that ends in this theme song right here. lol😎

I still disagree.  In past relationships, I find my happiness inworld only makes me happier in my RL and vice versa.  I guess I am just not able to split my personality like some people seem to be able to do.

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I find my happiness inworld only makes me happier in my RL

I have had many relationships in SL that made me happy and that happiness transfered over to RL, people I genuinely felt love for. I was not however in love with them. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

I have had many relationships in SL that made me happy and that happiness transfered over to RL, people I genuinely felt love for. I was not however in love with them. 

tenor (3).gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

There was someone I was into once in 2004, and I think they were into me a little, because they took me to Olive and threw down a bed in the middle of the region and sat on it dressed in a nightie. They looked amazing, although regrettably they dumped this on me without any form of warning or preparation, like it was the question. Nothing in my background up until that point prepared me for something like that, and naturally I froze up like a deer in headlights. But that was not my answer. That was just my reaction to their stunt. I was basically ready to sit on the bed with them the next day, but that was just too late. I think at one point, later, on like AIM what must have been summer '04 or '05, we were having a sort of RP session, but then I started RPing as if I were a cartoon (how dare I!) , formless and free flowing, and they accused me of "gay sex" and cut me off. I was crushed. They pretty much ignored me despite trying to get them to look at me again even once for the next five years. I'm sure they have excellent reasons, I'm just not sure what they were thinking, but it was just one of a long litany of heartbreaks with them.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I still disagree.  In past relationships, I find my happiness inworld only makes me happier in my RL and vice versa.  I guess I am just not able to split my personality like some people seem to be able to do.

Well I should probably break it down a bit more all jokes a side. Because I get where your coming from. I'm talking about those heavy and heated in love relationships where your on voice all the time giggling and having a good old chin wag. Ya know just having a grand old time of it and dropping the L bomb left, right, and center. I don't see anybodies spouse just being all right with walking in and hearing all that mess. lol Now if your not on voice and all you ever do is type in world then 9 out of 10 times they just look over and don't think twice about it because unless they play and actually know how SL works most will just think oh she's playing her game. Really at the end of the day it all boils down to what type of relationships your in. In the typical monogamous relationships I can see that causing problems though. lol That's all I'm really saying. lol😎

• Like 2

I just like flirting,  mostly... I married in RL, but flirting to me is pretty harmless and a lot of fun.. hehehe

I have lost some friends though which hurt pretty bad at the time.. I look back on those and realize how stupid those things we fought about were..

I never really had my heart broken in SL though.. That I can remember anyways.. I can go back about 10 years and then things start to get foggy in this world.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci

Within a week of being in SL, though I never became closely involved with them, just severe crushes. Then, later, a relationship I pushed hard for that never came to be. Next, a Mistress I wanted to be with forever, and partner with, but she left me. In there somewhere, someone who took massive advantage of me; I would up sending her a lot of money IRL because I felt so sorry for her. I actually wound up in RL counseling because of her.

Finally, the love of my SL, who did partner with me (I still have the email notice (she proposed 27-Jun-2013). Then I had a massive flare-up of my major depressive disorder with anxiety and left SL for a while. She unpartnered me during that time, and I don't blame her. I miss her so much to this day, though really I was not the right girl for her.

My one and only heart break happened almost 13 yrs ago. Newbie love triangle. My partner was skyping (cam + naked 😲) with my best friend. How did I find out? One night, my ex was very drunk and he and I were talking on skype. He forgot that it was me he was talking to. I went into detective mode. I was heart broken for a couple of days then I got mad as hell for a couple of days, then said F*** it.

I've had a few partners since then, but, I won't open up and let myself have strong feeling for anyone. The lesson I learned all those yrs ago is: don't be so serious, don't allow drama, don't take any sh*t and just relax.. it's only Second Life.

• 1 month later...

I quit voicing because the girl suddenly left SL.  I don’t voice with anyone.  For me I have been sad for a week or two after a breakup but bounce back.  

Edited by usedcars

2021 I met and fell in love with my wife, Tami.  For 11 years it never happen for me.

The only other person I have ever loved with all my heart was my SL sister, Doris Devin.  She passed away unexpectedly soon after I met Tami. I miss her everyday. Tami was so happy when DD called her"sis".  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.