You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 66 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

Just  googled Scientology  and this is what came up so i am very confused

Scientology describes itself as a religion that was founded in the 1950s by L. Ron Hubbard. At the core of Scientology is a belief that each human has a reactive mind that responds to life's traumas, clouding the analytic mind and keeping us from experiencing reality.

Who is the God of Scientology?

Xenu (/ˈziːnuː/), also called Xemu, was, according to Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard, the dictator of the "Galactic Confederacy" who brought billions of his people to Earth (then known as "Teegeeack") in DC-8-like spacecraft 75 million years ago, stacked them around volcanoes, and killed them with hydrogen bombs.

so would this be darwin  or another   

I have never heard of that.  All I can tell you is what I wrote above that Scientology is about survival and there are eight dynamics to help assure us better survival.  I learned about Scientology and what they believe from a friend who was Scientologist.  

The Dynamics
  • The first dynamic is the urge toward survival of self.
  • The second dynamic is the urge toward survival through sex, or children. ...
  • The third dynamic is the urge toward survival through a group of individuals or as a group. ...
  • The fourth dynamic is the urge toward survival through all mankind and as all mankind.
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hiya folks. Science is not about truth. Scientists do not claim to hold the truth. Science is merely the art of not BS-sing yourself or others, while trying to understand things and make predictions b

The term "genocide" was coined in 1944. Historians researching wars prior to then will never find the word "genocide" in accounts of those times, so it takes more careful analysis of the historical re

Posted Images

My father explained Scientology to me ..He worked for a company where the owners were pretty high up in it..

One of the owners wives were really high up in it..

I don't really remember a whole lot, but part of it was leaving all your stuff with someone  and when you come back after you have died as someone else or something else, you give this person the information and then continue from where you left off.. Something like that..

hehehehe

It's been awhile , but he said those owners were dumping tons of money into  it.. Money and stuff is how you climbed up, from what i gathered.. Just sounded like a really expensive pyramid..

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

As far as the "paranormal" and how it fits into Christianity was not a part of the OP's opening post.

If darwin said we evolve then how do we explain  ghosts, haunted places   and sightings   relying on darwins  theory ,,,,,, was not referring to Christianity with my question. Sorry i was not clear .

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It's been awhile , but he said those owners were dumping tons of money into  it.. Money and stuff is how you climbed up, from what i gathered.. Just sounded like a really expensive pyramid..

I couldn't help thinking the same thing when I visited the Vatican.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, roseelvira said:

If darwin said we evolve then how do we explain  ghosts, haunted places   and sightings   relying on darwins  theory ,,,,,, was not referring to Christianity with my question. Sorry i was not clear .

Well, I agree that evolution cannot explain the spirit.  

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

Scientology describes itself as a religion that was founded in the 1950s by L. Ron Hubbard. At the core of Scientology is a belief that each human has a reactive mind that responds to life's traumas, clouding the analytic mind and keeping us from experiencing reality.

Xenu (/ˈziːnuː/), also called Xemu, was, according to Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard, the dictator of the "Galactic Confederacy" who brought billions of his people to Earth (then known as "Teegeeack") in DC-8-like spacecraft 75 million years ago, stacked them around volcanoes, and killed them with hydrogen bombs.

Also, Roseelvira, I wanted to say this is not true according to my friend.  I remember now asking if Scientologist's believe in God.  He said they believe in the infinite but have no exact definition about God.   Scientology is about learning to survive and learning key elements to help one survive as well as about never stopping learning.  It really isn't a God-based religion.  

10 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I couldn't help thinking the same thing when I visited the Vatican.

Yea, that place looks high dollar for sure..hehehe

3 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Orwar did make the statement the burden of proof is on the claimant. Also, he made a declarative statement there is no god.

Oh, for-- It's not a chicken or egg mystery. Someone claims God exists, saying that 'there is no proof, hence this appears false' is not a 'claim', it's an argument as to why the claim is preposterous. You don't get to just turn around and go 'Oh that's a CLAIM, so YOU prove he doesn't exist - tag, you're it!'; that's plain stupid.

We've got a proverb that goes a little something like 'an old lie does not become true because it's old'. Religion is nothing more than an old lie at this rate. 

3 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Orwar seems like many to think most wars were religious or fought at the behest of a church or religion. Nope.

If you had paid an ounce of attention to what I actually wrote, I did say that the absence of religion would not have meant the absence of conflict. 

So, "Nope". 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

The key being Scientology describes itself as a religion.  A large group, including ex members, consider it a cult.

Trying not to LOL about the second part but to each their own as far as beliefs go.

I think it was the discovery channel    or History channel but they think they possibly found the arc of covenant.  If that is correct it would be interesting .

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

The ability to spot patterns, and to assign cause to effect, has proven quite advantageous for creatures. There's an old example, taught to me by my father.

You're sitting in the woods, reading a "The Far Side Gallery", and hear the sound of a twig snap. You can either go with statistical probability, which favors a non-threatening cause for the sound* and continue reading, or you can imagine a predator and run like hell. Scramblers, who always run at the sound of the twig, suffer some inconvenience and get a good cardiovascular workout. Sitters, who are usually right, are removed from the gene pool when wrong.

Evolution seems to favor creatures who imagine scary things that aren't there.

*If you live around willow trees, you're quite familiar with the sound of snapping twigs, and look up instead of around.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

I think it was the discovery channel    or History channel but they think they possibly found the arc of covenant.  If that is correct it would be interesting .

Those two channels have really changed.. The last time I watched anything on them, they were doing like scripted reality shows..

About the only place we could really find anything good was National geographic channel..

I think I remember discovery even doing like the gold diggers show or something like that and bigfoot things.. it's been a couple of years since we even turned those on, so they may have changed since then..

I really used to like those channels..

That scripted reality stuff was infecting everything for awhile there.. hehehe

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Those two channels have really changed.. The last time I watched anything on them, they were doing like scripted reality shows..

About the only place we could really find anything good was National geographic channel..

I think I remember discovery even doing like the gold diggers show or something like that and bigfoot things.. it's been a couple of years since we even turned those on, so they may have changed since then..

I really used to like those channels..

That scripted reality stuff was infecting everything for awhile there.. hehehe

I like the Science channel too.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Trying not to LOL about the second part but to each their own as far as beliefs go

From  the "Flying Spaghetti Monster"    

Pin on FSM

Edited by roseelvira
Just now, Rowan Amore said:

I like the Science channel too.

Yea, and whatever channel it is that has, How the universe works.. I binge watch that show  over and over when it comes on..

it's been about a year since I seen it, so I'm due..hehehe

• Like 1
Just now, roseelvira said:

"Flying Spaghetti Monster"    Spaghetti monster   has my vote

Pin on FSM

I had some interest in TFSM, until I saw a parade in which they denigrated virtually every other belief system. That's when I realized they'd become a parody of themselves.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:
25 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Well, I agree that evolution cannot explain the spirit.  

No, but might evolution produce creatures that imagine it?

Evolution seems to produce creatures that see what they need to see in order to survive. If there are other dimensions around or within us we most likely would not see them unless crucial for our survival.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The key being Scientology describes itself as a religion.  A large group, including ex members, consider it a cult.

Trying not to LOL about the second part but to each their own as far as beliefs go.

It's not a God-based religion I said.  They're "religious" about following the 8 dynamics in order to help assure their survival.  Also, knowledge is considered a key to survival as well.  Also, if you really knew a Scientologist as I did they believe they are an organization.  They call their meeting place an "org" for short.  I remember that now too.

Edited by FairreLilette
6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

channel

I think there is a paid channel or 2 over at Prime that have what you're looking for.

Just now, FairreLilette said:
19 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

It's not a God-based religion I said.  Their "religious" about following the 8 dynamics in order to help assure their survival.  Also, knowledge is considered a key to survival as well.  

That's the funny thing about some of these religions and self-help organizations -- they can be founded by absolute nuts (and I think the founder of Scientology was), yet contain or morph into organizations that actually help people develop their lives in positive ways.

Sometimes, however, they morph into absolute disasters (like Heaven's Gate).

14 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

"Flying Spaghetti Monster"    Spaghetti monster   has my vote

Pin on FSM

on judgement day, if you don't make the cut,  your body goes into spaghettification  and then you are dumped in to a really thick Marinara sauce and eaten by hungry Italian babies with full vocabularies and armed with all the hand gestures, which they use constantly as they devour you..

They you go into the blackness for awhile until there is light where you find yourself looking at the mother.. Then the reality of the situation hits you..

You are doomed to live in the diaper pale of eternal damnation with all the others that didn't make the cut..

Almost makes a person wanna rethink about heading back to Christianity .. hehehehe

ETA: I was just looking for an excuse to use the word spaghettification again..hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I had some interest in TFSM, until I saw a parade in which they denigrated virtually every other belief system. That's when I realized they'd become a parody of themselves.

I did not know that ,,,,  good to know ,,,,,  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 66 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.