Marvelous program and upload mesh bodies

kalliopi Ziplon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello guys first of all I want to thank you all for being so helpful and supportive to me and to everyone that comes here asking for help. 

I am going to work with some friends and start making our own mesh clothes. At least try to make. One of us knows marvelous design program.  From all the mesh bodies out there which ones can be added in to this program? 

Thanks for reading me. 

Stay safe. 

any avatar will import to MD if it's set up OK - you'll need at least a dae file from the mesh body seller dev kit. I've had the best luck with Blender, exporting as OBJ, either A pose or T pose, depending on the clothing, importing to MD, then immediately saving as the MD format for avatars. Some fiddling to make sure Z axis is up, might be necessary. And more fiddling to get the skin offset at the right number and the MD avatar settings the way you want them so you won't go nuts fitting patterns.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you are new at making meshs, don't use Marvelous Designer.

Learn Blender (or another generalistic 3D package) first because you need to learn how to model/cleanup/unwrap/optimize and rig a model first anyway, and you can't do any of those from MD (or not well).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have the impression that - generally spoken - the main reason to start on MD is for most people that it gives you visible results in a quite fashionable time. Which is certainly a huge motivator when learning a new skill. However, like @Kyrah Abattoiralready mentioned, in the long run, it is actually contraproductive, and it is indeed recommended to learn Blender first. Another reason why is the fact that almost all mesh body creators wouldn't grant you access to their dev kits if you haven't a store with a little portfolio to show.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.