Graphics card failed message on both offical viewer and Firestrom viewer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a AMD Radeon 5700XT and Intel (R) UHD Graphics 630.  Since last year I was unable to use my AMD card on Second Life.. I did a workaround disabling it and just using my Intel to log in.  Since Intel had some update on Feb 28th I have not been able to log on to Second Life.  I tried to "roll back" but I couldn't find the old roll back and my computer said it has been over 10 days so they can't reset any changes.  I tried google and I tried the "--noprobe" command and it didn't work.  I tried using a 32 bit viewer and still I get this message.  Any help greatly appreciated as I am lost and not very computer savvy. If it matters I have 1 hard drive and an SSD drive, so I have much memory and space.  I was trying to figure out how to stop the graphics card check in the begining of startup but I don't know code and have no clue what I was doing.  Thank you all so much in advance.

Error Message.png

Trying run firestorm Intel graphics might causes this error (source: https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_intel_issues)

You have to switch AMD as default graphics card:

To configure Switchable Graphics settings, right-click the Desktop and select AMD Radeon Settings from the menu.

Select System.

Select Switchable Graphics.

If the desired application is not available in this view, click on the Running Applications option and select Installed Profile Applications to view all applications detected by the graphics driver, as shown in the picture below. 

Check that the desired application for configuring Switchable Graphics is listed on the page.  If the application is not listed, use the Browse option to locate and add the application to the list.

AMD Source: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-017

I hope it helps.

• Like 1

Hi, I don't have any of that on my screen. mine is different.  Also this card is a discrete graphics card and has always been the primary graphics card.  Second Life viewers never recognized it on startup.  I did the workaround suggested by someone to just disable the AMD card and then use the Intel to log into Second Life (this worked for almost a year till Intel did some big update).  All I really wanna do is bypass the graphics card check, since I know my cards are good.. my computer is powerful enough to run Second Life.  It just doesn't recognize the cards.  And yes my drivers are up to date however for some reason I can't roll back the Intel update.  It seems to be some major update they did with no way of rolling back (at least I can't find it on their website) Thank you for trying to help. 

35 minutes ago, Lisseh said:

Hi, I don't have any of that on my screen. mine is different.  Also this card is a discrete graphics card and has always been the primary graphics card.  Second Life viewers never recognized it on startup.  I did the workaround suggested by someone to just disable the AMD card and then use the Intel to log into Second Life (this worked for almost a year till Intel did some big update).  All I really wanna do is bypass the graphics card check, since I know my cards are good.. my computer is powerful enough to run Second Life.  It just doesn't recognize the cards.  And yes my drivers are up to date however for some reason I can't roll back the Intel update.  It seems to be some major update they did with no way of rolling back (at least I can't find it on their website) Thank you for trying to help. 

What I am missing in all that you said is if you are using the AMD driver from the AMD website, or if you have been using the driver included with Windows.

If it i the included driver then there's your problem because they have limited functionality and support. 
Visit https://www.amd.com/en/support and click the large "Download now" button to have your card automatically detected and the latest drivers installed.

21 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

What I am missing in all that you said is if you are using the AMD driver from the AMD website, or if you have been using the driver included with Windows.

If it i the included driver then there's your problem because they have limited functionality and support. 
Visit https://www.amd.com/en/support and click the large "Download now" button to have your card automatically detected and the latest drivers installed.

I always update my drivers though AMD and I use the dashboard

AMD.png

6 hours ago, Lisseh said:

I did a workaround disabling it and just using my Intel to log in.

I don't recommend this method but.. I will explain steps,  because you have suggested it fixed your problem before. (I don't know your operating system I will assume it is windows 10)

Press and hold the windows key then press the R key

Type devmgmt.msc hit enter

PC hardware components information will appear in new window

Double click display adapters and right click Intel graphic card click disable

Your screen might change resolution.

Right way to do it using software provided by AMD/INTEL/NVIDIA.

I hope it helps.

3 hours ago, RunawayBunny said:

I don't recommend this method but.. I will explain steps,  because you have suggested it fixed your problem before. (I don't know your operating system I will assume it is windows 10)

Press and hold the windows key then press the R key

Type devmgmt.msc hit enter

PC hardware components information will appear in new window

Double click display adapters and right click Intel graphic card click disable

Your screen might change resolution.

Right way to do it using software provided by AMD/INTEL/NVIDIA.

I hope it helps.

I tried and it didn't work.  Thank you for trying to help me.

ATI? What is ATI? Can you eat ATI? Is it long gone? Yes. Should you stop naming it? Hell yeah.

Preferably this one: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh2-024 featuring the Adrenalin 2020 driver. If you still got a 2019 version, you got other problems.

Besides: that is not the same as "switching graphics" on laptops. But nevermind.

12 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

What didn't work? What's the errror you got? A little more precision, please... or you'll end up with such idiotic ideas to limit yourself to integrated graphics ****.

Most basic thing: is your monitor connected to the 5700XT?

Are you trolling or you don't see the screenshot I posted of the error?  That's just it.  I have a working graphics card.. works with all my other games.  All Second Life viewers just don't recognize the card.  And yes my monitor is plugged into my card with HDMI.

On 3/9/2021 at 5:32 PM, Lisseh said:

I have a AMD Radeon 5700XT and Intel (R) UHD Graphics 630.  Since last year I was unable to use my AMD card on Second Life.. I did a workaround disabling it and just using my Intel to log in.  Since Intel had some update on Feb 28th I have not been able to log on to Second Life.  I tried to "roll back" but I couldn't find the old roll back

from the sounds of it the driver for the latest Intel graphics is the issue, given that you have disabled the AMD

Previous Intel drivers are here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126790/Intel-UHD-Graphics-630

3 hours ago, panterapolnocy said:

It may be a silly idea, but try to run the viewer with administrator privileges. Also, a question is - do you try to start the viewer on your main or secondary monitor?

I did try running it with admin privileges but no luck.  Also it's on my main monitor. I will keep trying to find out what the issue is but so far no luck.

On 3/10/2021 at 3:11 AM, Mollymews said:

from the sounds of it the driver for the latest Intel graphics is the issue, given that you have disabled the AMD

Previous Intel drivers are here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/126790/Intel-UHD-Graphics-630

So after a few days of not trying to log in, I decided to try once again to roll back my Intel drivers.  It worked! I was able to log into the official Second Life viewer using my AMD card.  However all the TPVs still give me the error message.  So I am just going to use the official viewer to log on to.  Thanks for providing the links to the drivers since I couldn't find them. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.